[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OILFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH $20 A BARREL BY 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: suicide-watch.png (14KB, 650x115px) Image search: [Google]
suicide-watch.png
14KB, 650x115px
OILFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

$20 A BARREL BY 2016
>>
Oil fag here. Uh no. You can make money no mater which direction it goes. All you need is volatility. Saturday is always full of retards. No community college today? Bitcoin exchange closed too?
>>
>>995878
Bitcoin exchanges dont close on weekends.
>>
>>995858
>suicide watch
More like buying everything in sight. Better get in before nat gas oversupply is burned off next month and shale cos get the boost they needed to outlast the Saudis. The end is near buy it buy it all
>>
>>995934
but what to buy? give me stock picks pls.
>>
>>996900
US OIL.
>>
>>996900
I own RIG NE SPN SWN BTU
Do your DD. This is an investment for patient level headed people
>>
Buy good cheap oil stocks! Only place you will find underpriced securities in the current market. Just make sure you buy ones which can service their debt during depressed oil prices...
>>
When the saudis can pump out this shit at $4 a barrel, you must be seriously worried even at these prices.

Especially with this climate deal thing in paris, "an end to fossil fuels" or some bullshit.

Oil is finished
>>
>>995884
Lol
>>
>>996995
>Especially with this climate deal thing in paris, "an end to fossil fuels" or some bullshit.

Oil was going to $200 most people thought in 2014. Also, remember 'peak oil'?

So oil probably isnt finished, it has always had periods of oversupply and undersupply.
>>
>>996999

People have short memories, all you need is one of the following to happen:
OPEC to get its shit together
A proper conflict in the middle east
An increase in demand
>>
>>996999
Yeah, but currently the outlook for demand is deminishing by the month.

We don't consume nearly as much oil as we did even just a decade ago, and if our economy continues to contract it will only get worse.

Energy sectors in developed countries are increasingly going to carbon positive, "green" supplies, like windfarms, solar, nuclear, tidal. Basically anything that's not oil
>>
>>997004

Ok demand is weak currently I agree. However, unfortunately when oil is so cheap it decreases green energy investment.

Is there anything to suggest that demand wont trend upwards over 10-15 years?
>>
>>997008
well, it depends what we use oil for.

http://www.biblemoneymatters.com/7-important-uses-for-crude-oil-and-why-it-matters/

>Gasoline (Used to fuel cars) – 44%

The rise of effective Hydrogen fuel cells/battery powered cars (e.g. self driving ones sometimes use this) could really eat at this

>Heating Oil (Used to heat buildings), and Diesel Fuel – 19%

Electrical heating is an alternative, and the use of "renewables" could eat at this portion too

>Other Products – 15%
>Jet Fuel – 8%
>Propane – 6%
>Residual Fuel Oil (powering factories, fueling large ships, and making electricity) – 5%
>Asphalt 3%

These aren't really in that much danger, and an increase in global trade and production will certainly help these, but they are not the majority.

Whereas when we look at the supply side of things it gets ugly.

There seems to be a systematic obsession with getting all the oil possible out the ground now in some areas.
>>
>>995858
>tfw bought oil stock 6 months ago
>tfw literally caught a falling knife
>tfw portfolio in shambles

A-at least the dividends are alright?
>>
>>996995

This.

I posted this in multiple oil threads.

It's gonna keep getting weaker over the next 30 years.

Yeah there's gonna be a few more climbs where people can make money, but overall I see oil as a mostly losing investment right now.
>>
>>997038

Sentiment like yours is why Im going to buy oil stocks. Prices are so cheap on oil stocks if the market does anything but collapse then theres money to be made.
>>
>>997059
>Prices are so cheap on oil stocks

Compared to what? Compared to as high as they were?

Most oil companies now are deep in the red, most of them have debt coming out their ears and aren't turning a profit. If the price of oil stays this low, western oil stocks will fare even worse
>>
>>997004
Wtf. Bye bye Bill Nye. We use more oil now than ever before

This guy get it: >>997059 contrarian thinking is how you make money, friends. All the sheeple repeating the "oil is dead" meme are just playing into the analysts at large investment banks who are making money lending to shorts and accumulating huge long positions at the bottom. Ask any of the idiots ITT where oil was headed 3 years ago and theyd tell you $200/bbl. "Buy high sell low" right? Good strategy, idiots
>>
>>997072
I hope you're right mate.

I'm not in any position, I hope you're right because if oil continues a decline then it will drag the whole economy with it.

As an outsider in the market though it really doesn't look good, the oil glut, or the amount stockpiled, is at new records. And production doesn't look like it'll slow down at all, unless some of the big the oil producers are liquidated and we get some kind of capitulation, I really don't see this trend stopping
>>
buy when everyone is scared.

oil is going nowhere. literally every single thing in our lives it directly or indirectly affected by it. its consumed like its going out of style.
>>
>>997081
The cure for low prices is low prices. It's the absolute rule of equity cycles. Demand expands and supply shrinks. Sometimes it takes longer than other times, but it always happens always
>>
>>997065

Based on simple investing metrics. I have found oil services companies with no debt, P/E <10, P/CF < 5, a history of surviving oil gluts, a solid ROIC.

These are all indicators to buy in my opinion. Buy low sell high, just be prepared for a wild ride in the short term.
>>
File: tardo.gif (419KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tardo.gif
419KB, 250x250px
>>995858

Sometimes I like to buy inverse stocks.

That's just me though.

> implying still not going to make money on oil
>>
>>997088

All that investment in 'green' energy suddenly doesnt seem as attractive when you have cheap oil...
>>
>>997093
Exactly
>>
>>997088
Yeah but what if these prices aren't low enough? The prices are currently in freefall and OPEC just doesn't care, I think they are maliciously trying to crash our oil markets to destroy the competition
>>
>>997100

My investment horizon is 5+ years, hopefully forever. Therefore I'm not too worried if the next year is bad.

I guess the main risk is bankruptcy from crushing competition. This is a risk Im willing to take and minimise by selecting low debt companies.
>>
>>997106
Fair enough, good luck.

There's too much risk for too little reward right now in my opinion, I hope the market finds a floor soon
>>
>>997100
Low enough for what? OPEC doesnt even exist anymore, it's just the Saudis buttfucking themselves into submission. They can make it what, 2 more years? The minute the futures market gets a whiff of Saudi browsweat, crude will bust a giant nut all over my portfolio.

Once again, >>997106 gets it. Buy companies that arent going under and hope we havent seen the bottom so you keep DCAing down. The survivors will come out owning tons of assets that they bought at $35/bbl valuations and are on the books at $100/bbl valuations a few years from now.
>>
File: LZccOCP.png (189KB, 420x312px) Image search: [Google]
LZccOCP.png
189KB, 420x312px
>>997113
>They can make it what, 2 more years?
They are selling bonds now, dumbass. They can forecast oil production for 50 years and borrow money against it if they want to. They can get OCEANS of cash anytime they want or need it. Your thinking is what caused shale producers to call the Saudis "toothless tigers" and now shale producers have been fucked like a tied goat at a Saudi wedding. The Saudis used to be swing producers; now the frozen dumbasses in North Dakota are the swing producers.
>>
>>997002
It'll take another couple years of idiot consumers buying SUVs that get 15 mpg. Rest assured, they're falling for the trap and SUV/light truck sales are doing great. Wouldn't be surprised if GM and company is giving kickbacks to OPEC
>>
>>997137
No one in their right mind would buy Saudi 30 year bonds. Also, how is US shale swing producers when we have an export ban in place? Wew lad you are confused
>>
>>997137

Tell me one reason why the Saudis would keep up this production for more than 5 years?

They have a non replaceable asset that is worth so much if they show some restraint. Theres no point taking 100% of the market share if you have a mountain of debt and no oil left at the end of it....
>>
>>997158
Yeah and I doubt everyone in the family is in agreement
>>
>>997158
At this point they don't have to keep production up, even if they slash it they have the REST of OPEC to infight with, Iran, Russia, shale in the USA and bitumen in Canada.

They could stop production entirely and everyone else will laugh and say "Alright, we'll do the rest" and prices wont significantly change. Al Saud made a gamble and they fucked up, case closed.
>>
Jet fuel can't melt steel beams. That's why.
>>
Are the oil deniers in this thread just trying to drive prices down further?
>>
Tomorrow morning I'm buying shares in renewable and genetic ventures.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.