[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Economics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Is it possible to actually learn economics by myself without having to make another degree? Let's say a strong basis in maths up to integrals and a very strong statistics basis. Learning game theory up to Bayesian Games and The Myerson-Satterthwaite Theorem. An introduction then to Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Public Sector economics, based on 2-3 books. (including Basic Economics Sowell).

Would that do the trick and is it doable with some effort in 6 months? I don't see any reason why I should waste 3-4 years on economics alone. I can learn GAAP, IFRS and Finance in no time after I'm done with all the eco books. Finance especially should get particularly easy if you know statistics and accounting very well. I mean as far as understanding finance is concerned.
>>
>>994847
Go to the websites of the top economics schools in the country. Print the syllabus of the classes you want. Read the material. You dont need a classroom setting to learn. Ive followed this piece of advice and i now own my own business which is doing extremely well I might add.
>>
Thomas Sowell is a pretty charismatic, entertaining guy. He presents things in a way that is easily understandable, but I worry he's just another partisan hack who cherrypicks information. What's the deal on this guy?
>>
File: monopoly.jpg (357KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
monopoly.jpg
357KB, 1600x1200px
Economics is a pseudo-science; you would be better off spending your time learning alchemy instead
>>
File: 1439062243520.jpg (33KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
1439062243520.jpg
33KB, 302x302px
>>994847
I'm really interested as well in this matter.
I'm in a Physics degree right now (very strong maths basis) and, by the time I finish I want to start an Economics degree.
What begginer-tier books do you guys commend me?
PD: Sorry for my broken English, not my first language
>>
File: 1321632774447.jpg (141KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1321632774447.jpg
141KB, 900x675px
>>994847
I have a question and I don't think it deserves its own thread, so I'll post it here and hope it's not too much offtopic.

How do I into economic and investment? I'm not trying to be a wall street wolf overnight, I just want to know how can I earn a little money.
>>
Econ major here. Wish I didn't. Economics is a social science. Learning it by yourself kind of defeats the purpose. After you build your theories, who are you going to share them with? Yourself? lol. That's all economics is. We just discuss shit and get grades depending on how well we clog the toilet up. It's not like math or formal science.
>>
>>996954
why not just do finance then?
>>
>>996950
Ash is a fag. You can tell by the right ear earring.
>>
>>997139
Picture is clearly unrelated.
your post is useless
>>
>>996950
Get an account on fidelity and get a feel for stocks. It takes a year or so before u really get a grasp for markets. Start with cheap penny stocks just to play and have a few in 10 dollar range stocks. Build it up from there. Fuck working for a few bucks and commission for a firm do it yourself
>>
>>997170

>fidelity
>only USA.
fuck.

by the way, I'm new to this board and holy shit it's incredibly slow.
>>
>>995602
What this guy said.
>>
>>995602
This.

/thread
>>
>>995598

His basic Econ stuff is a decent introduction. His other stuff trends towards being politically stinted and his stuff on race is simplistic.
>>
>>995602
/thread

I'm one semester away from graduating with multiple job offers. I really wish I studied something else but I'm a shallow, greedy fuck so whatevs m8
>>
>>995602
This desu get an introduction to economics textbook and dont go any further
>>
>>994847

Also, check out reddit.com/r/badeconomics

Most of the community has at least a bachelors in Econ. I think one of the PhD posters has a reading list for people interested in the field.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.