[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paying for someone else's college -what should I expect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: Graduation.jpg (648KB, 1000x688px) Image search: [Google]
Graduation.jpg
648KB, 1000x688px
When I was 12, my foster mom died. My foster dad was going to put put me back in the system but I was freaked out by that so I begged. He looked let me stay as long as I agreed to pay for his son's first car and pay for his college. I was 12 and didn't realize what that really meant. I'm 21 now and have finished paying off his car. I still live in that house but pay rent and bills.

His son is graduating this spring and moving to California to go to Berkley college. We're having meetings about this but the loans are going to be paid by me and this sounds complicated. I just got a manager position at my job and make $14 an hour. What should I expect. I know they're expensive but how much should I expect to pay per month.
>>
>>992852
Why would you pay?

That is first of all ridiculous(how could a 21 year afford this, let alone agree at 12) and second of all not legally binding in the slightest.

No written agreement first of all... but more importantly a minor cannot enter an agreement. Literally anything you sign cannot be upheld in court if you are a minor.
>>
What the fuck kind of post is this?
A 12 yo can't consent to sex but they can consent to financing the future of another person before they even have their own future.
1. There is absolutely no written contract that binds you, anything close to that is insignificant.
2.What are you even doing?
JUST
>>
>>992868
I'm not his son and he let me live there. It's not about contracts, it's about loyalty and debt. His son isn't mature enough to appreciate it and thinks of me as a "meal ticket" but will appreciate it one day.
>>
If this is not bait, then tell bait of them to fuck off and get out of there
>>
>>992879
He let you live there? He's a foster DAD, why the fuck did he sign up if he wasn't interested in the responsibilities?
>>
Why stop at just paying for his college? I think you should cut off your balls and become his sex slave. I mean his dad did let you live with him.
>>
Yeah why stop there you should blow them both and then pay them for their time. You can start paying them $1 now and then 2 later.
>>
>>992852
Ahahahaha you fucking kek. Jesus christ man 12 year olds aren't legally bound by those types of agreements.
>>
>>992852
>people will believe this copypasta
>>
>>992852
tell him he's being unreasonable and what you agreed to at age 12 isn't realistic any more nor is it fair as you didn't know what you were getting into at the time

you've already paid fro a car FFS, just leave it at that and you'll carry on paying rent there otherwise you'll move out - I'm sure college in the US costs a lot more than any increase in rent from you having to get your own place if necessary

you certainly have no duty morally to pay for this, tis utterly ridiculous - sure he took you in, they made that choice, that isn't your fault. Your adoptive 'Dad' might reasonably expect you'll help him out when he gets old but expecting you to trash your own future by paying for his son's isn't reasonable at all.
>>
>>992907
>copypasta
>nothing shows up on google
>>
>>992852
>>992879
>an older adult man with a child coerces a vulnerable homeless 12 year old orphan to become a debt slave for his son and pay for his car and education
Yeah sounds like a great guy hahaha
Seriously if this isn't bait it's really fucked.
>>
I'm a /lit/ regular but I often travel aboard to see what everyone's up to.
I haven't come to /biz/ in a good time but last time I came here I saw this pasta.
>>
>>992852
So how's your coffee business?
>>
>>992852
C U C K
U
C
K
>>
>>992852

This is so wrong. Okay, the damage is done and you already paid for a car. If now you pay rent and bills, you may as well find another place to live with a roommate. You >>992852
cannot be that stupid and actually get yourself in debt to pay for a degree that doesn't belong to you!!!

Think about yourself, today 21 but the years go back fast and someday you'll regret not getting yourself educated.

As mentioned before, they can't sue you. Forget about loyalty, you are being used and you are accepting. That's ridiculous.

THINK ABOUT YOUR FUTURE!!
>>
>>994634
>falling for the b8 this hard

lmao cmon man
>>
>>992879
>It's not about contracts, it's about loyalty and debt.

IF you feel a debt to him, re-negotiate what it is because the current arrangement is a piss-take.

Legally, you owe him nothing.

morally, you don't owe him as much as he claims you do (since you didn't understand the implications). You may owe him something (morally) , but it's not to look after his kid's debt.
>>
Btw thanks OP.

I reposted this on /pol/ and it got over 100 posts
>>
>>992879
>he'll appreciate it one day
Haha no he won't
>>
>>992852
>I was 12
If the contract between you and your foster dad was just a verbal one, you can break it no problem.

And even if you did sign a written contract you were fucking 12 and you can't enter a legal contract. You have zero obligation to actually follow through with this.
>>
>>992852

If this is real, it is most fucked up post in the history of /biz/

Just walk away nigga. Like leave and don't come back.
>>
>>992852
Oh. Well hes taking advantage of you. He got state money for having you around so other than time spent parenting (vouldnt have been much as ypure on 4chan right now) he didnt lose money raising you

None of its in writing and even if it was you were 12

Move out and cutoff all contact. Sorry bro but foster pops and beother are teying to fuck you hard
>>
>>992852
You were on r9k yesterday with this exact thread.

Do you get off to this story or what? Get the fuck out of here you troll.
>>
>>992879
>loyalty
>to a piece of shit like that

okay...
>>
>>992852
>the bait still produces rustled jimmies
I have to hand it to you OP. Even though i read multiple iterations of your stupid deal stories already, it's still fucking annoying.
>>
FYI

This is ihaz posting these threads

Make sure to sage and report them
>>
>>996437
Is it really?

That dirty scoundrel NEET
>>
>>992852
10/10

literal laughter I cannot control

Well done.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.