[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Money Through Religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (42KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 403x403px
Is there money to be made in either parody or false religion?

There are guys like Creflo reaping it in from his idiot followers.
>>
>>992480
Absofuckinglutely, especially if you claim to be a non-catholic Church of Christianity. No oversight, no authority, just whatever you say and some slightly altered bible.
>>
>>992493
Interesting.

I was considering re-writing Bible passages and using these new writings to launch a new movement
>>
>>992495
Any thoughts?
>>
>>992497

When you're going to make a new religion, it's absolutely vital to start out as an end-times prophet. The two most successful religions, Christianity and Islam, started out as end times cults, and expanded fron there.

So focus your new religion mostly around the Book of Daniel and Revelations. Put some Zoroastrian and Islamic end times prophecies in there as well for shits and giggles. Predict the end times, but don't be specific.

Now that you have a problem, you need to givs people a solution to their problem. This can be a simple moral framework of your choosing. It could be the Golden Rule, tit-for-tat, or something you come up with yourself. Promote this as your solution, and make sure you convince people that you're the only source of the solution. You already a high demand (after all, you'te saving the world), so make sure you're the only supplier.

This combination of a high demand for the solution of a terrible problem, and you being the only one who can supply it is where religion gets its revenue from. Use it to your advantage, and money, fame and power will be all yours
>>
>>992480
why do that when you could just be a crazy pastor? if you're crazy enough, people will actually take you seriously.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY30utbVL_E
>>
>>992480

The pastor at my dad's church, his yearly salary is $160k.

Also people give him shit for free constantly.

> Pastor here is a discount on the car you would like to buy
> oh today's meal is free pastor
> oh you can use our weekend cabin any time you want pastor

It's pretty noice. Although I'm sure he has to see terrible shit on the reg, being a pastor and all.
>>
Any tips about promoting this new religion?

I thought about blogging, but I don't think that's the best way to promote something like this
>>
>>992824
Any tips?
>>
>>992520
while that is a good plan

you're missing the sex orgies with easily manipulated hippie chicks.... I reckon a small cult playing a god figure with sufficient nubile followers would be more fun that a wider spread religion where you merely play a messenger
>>
>>993190
But I'm in for the money, not the sex.
Getting sex is easy enough as it is
>>
>>992824
>blogging

Literally the exact opposite of that. You want to hit the uneducated masses, the ones who are isolated and have their own views of the world secured by this point so, if you agree with them on their bigotry, they'll follow whatever you say.

How do you get to isolated people, you ask? Grocery stores. If you can get advertisements out around grocery stores, idiots without a cause will flock to you.
>>
>>993237
Nice advice.
Will have to work something out
>>
>>993338
Can I get in on this? I'll be an apostle or whatever. Give me the left over chicks and some cash and I'll
Be a diligent #2
>>
>join church
>network
>get free job
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.