[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"money can't buy happiness" How do you respond?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: Sir Esquire the Third.png (262KB, 397x467px) Image search: [Google]
Sir Esquire the Third.png
262KB, 397x467px
>"money can't buy happiness"

How do you respond?
>>
"it can buy me freedom from a shit job working 40 hours a week and give me the time to do what i want, when i want"
>>
money buys security and freedom.
>>
>>992434
I can buy things that make me happy
>>
>>992434
I glance at them, notice that they are retarded, then I just say, "lol you are peasant subhuman waste of organic material scum"

Then I walk away
>>
File: bald manlet.jpg (108KB, 634x866px) Image search: [Google]
bald manlet.jpg
108KB, 634x866px
>>992445

how are you going to retire early if you don't even like to work?

>>992447

nothing is secure or free in this world. there's always a risk and always a cost.

>>992450

the things you buy end up owning you and becoming a liability; they don't actually make you happy in any lasting or substantial way
>>
>>992434
Only poor people say this but then again I'm poor and don't say this because I know it's not true. Money does buy happiness.
>>
>>992434
Money doesn't guarantee happiness.
A lack of money guarantees unhappiness.
>>
>>992456
poorfag detected
>>
>>992456
>nothing is free.

That's simply not true. You must have a poor family who doesn't love you.
>>
>>992456
>nothing is secure or free in this world.
tell that to someone who isn't $50k in debt, living paycheck to paycheck, and is in serious jeopardy of becoming homeless if some unexpected medical expenses come up.
>>
>>992471
>>nothing is free.
>That's simply not true.

every thing has a price, but not all prices are monetary.

>>992472

money won't guarantee you safety in this world, and won't grant you any freedom, in fact it can actually bind you and enslave u.
>>
Just agree, nod and smile, you fucking autist. Don't argue with morons.
>>
>>992456
i dont mind working, i do mind working 40 hours a week for 20+ years to retire in my golden age. fuck that.
>>
>>992476
Pretty sure money can buy you an entire supply of canned food, clean air and water, and a permanent shelter. You're in a safer position than someone who cannot afford these things. Ergo, money buys safety
>>
They are either poor or just stupid.

If they are poor, you shouldn't be talking to them.

If they are stupid, then you should figure out how to take their money, since they don't need it to be happy.
>>
>>992476
And what I'm telling you is that's not correct.

There are people in this world, like myself, who are born into a family and given allowances adding up to six figures by their college years. I don't even owe them shit. My sister ran off to San Fran after getting a free ride to NYU and going through 3 different free cars during her time there. She never even calls, but hey, neither do I.

There are plenty of free things in this world, just not for you.
>>
>>992489
ironically it's always poor people who think money buys happiness.

its always poor people who are baffled when super-rich people are depressed and suicidal.

poor people think money solves all problems and brings lasting happiness...then if they are fortunate to become rich they realize that's not true
>>
File: mfw.jpg (74KB, 489x600px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
74KB, 489x600px
>>992491

>doesn't know about opportunity cost
>doesn't know about time-value

>thinks prices are purely monetary
>>
I just say

"Okay, I'm sorry I wasn't born poor, wait I'm not, but money buys me a Lamborghini, and I'd rather be depressed in a Lamborghini while a bitch gives me head than be depressed in a Civic while one of my boys gives me head, now fuck out of her you poor sad mother fucker"

>true story, I told my entire politics class we should end free healthcare, because it's a huge burden on me to take care of "girl in classes name" fucking LGBT mental illness

>was subsequently kicked out of class and disciplined, suspended for 5 days
>>
>>992501
Some probably realize it IS true.

I'd be pretty fucking unhappy if I had to pay rent at any point in my life because I didn't have a down payment in the bank, or if I owed six fucking figures for DOING LABOR at a University. I don't know how these people stand it. I guarantee there are least, at the very least, 10 million people in the USA who's only real problem is money.
>>
>>992506
You're a scholar and a fucking saint, anon. Now sue that school.
>>
File: 1367228599991.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1367228599991.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Try saying that to a poor fucker that's fallen on hard times trying to take care of his family, money makes sure that someone can cover bills. Buy food. Buy those things you can fulfill your dreams with.

Anyone who thinks that money can't buy happiness has never looked at other people's situations.
>>
Money can buy you power.

And gaining power = more enlightenment
>>
>>992445

Confirmed for r9k-tier. NEETs don't have to work either. Just get autismbux
>>
>finishing bachelor degree next month
>looking for job
>ask union what kind of pay i can expect
>good side of 5k a month
I'm pretty happy now, didn't expect such a high amount.
>>
>>992506
Fucking savage

18 here and I am really trying to convince my parents that I don't need university and I can just get all this shit online and get connections later,

But they still making me go to that liberal cesspool

Are universities still good?
>>
>>992517
RIP anon
>>
>>992434
Raise an eyebrow, say:
"The sanctity of poverty is the construction of the rich."
then do a 360 and walk away
>>
>>992434
Amen brother. :^)
>>
>>992472

is there really any way out of that? that's so fucked up. its not living, I truly feel deeply sorry for anyone in the position. Oh my god, really, I hate to see good people in that position. what can anyone do?
>>
>>992434
>"but it can prevent sadness"
>>
>>992522
>then do a 360 and walk away
Why would you want to spin around yourself 1 time?
>>
>>992434
money is a necessity.
It cant buy happiness, but it enables you to find happiness much more freely without the worry of starving or being homeless.
>>
>>992434
I inform them that I, like almost everyone else on this board is a NEET and we delude ourselves into thinking that people who actually contribute to society and have meaningful experiences instead of sitting on 4chan all day talking about things we have no idea about are in fact superior to "wagekeks" or "wage slaves" as they are commonly called.
>>
happiness is not pleasure, but victory.
>>
File: brain-religion-2[1].jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
brain-religion-2[1].jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>>992466
>A lack of money guarantees unhappiness.
>>
>>992640
>being this new
>>
>>992716
Not one of those cultist thought-slaves is smiling. I bet the celibacy is great too.
>>
>>992434

True dat, but no money makes you unhappy for sure...
>>
>>992506
wow badass XD
>>992518
just believe in yourslef t b h
>>
>>992640
Moonwalk anon, moonwalk.
>>
>>992434
lack of money can certainly cause unhappiness
>>
>>992466

Perfect answer
>>
>>992434
The truth of the matter is that money buys material happiness. There are 3 things in life that kill you. Damage to self, monotonous toil, and disregard for material happiness. Money prevents all 3. What greater happiness exists to us humans than warding off death for another day? There is none.
>>
Money can't guarantee happpiness, but it protects against the unhapiness of poverty and can be the stepping stone to happiness.
>>
>>992795
In other words, "less is never more."
>>
File: 40kek.jpg (29KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
40kek.jpg
29KB, 292x257px
Happiness = Freedom
Freedom = Money

Therefore
Money = Happiness
>>
I've lived in poverty almost my entire life and my mom says this to me all the time. It really amazes me how any poor person can say this with a straight face, because money CAN buy happiness.
>>
>>992434
>How do you respond?

By nodding. It is a non-sequitur.
>>
>>992828
this.

>Being purposely abrasive and needlessly confrontational

Lmao.
>>
I'll give you 5000 bucks if you suck my dick, right here and now
>>
no, it sends by delivery.
>>
>>992434

>"money can't buy happiness"

>How do you respond?

"That is true my good friend"
>>
>>992434
Who can frown on a jet/ski
>>
>>992716
I think the monks have hypnotized themselves though.

Their answer to the ups and downs if life was to reject everything.
>>
>>992434
It really can't, but it sure helps. There are rich people who are unhappy and poor people who are happy. What matters are what your goals are and whether you're achieving them. What do you want to accomplish? If all you want is your basic needs and a good family life, you can be content with a low income.

Of course, you need at least enough to have your basic needs met. Few people can be happy sleeping on a mattress under a bridge, you know?
>>
>>992434
True, if you're a stoic nihilist.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.