[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are the best languages to learn /biz/wise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: 1447196345892.jpg (294KB, 944x2117px) Image search: [Google]
1447196345892.jpg
294KB, 944x2117px
what are the best languages to learn /biz/wise?
>>
Spanish if you're burger

Arabic if you're a Eurokuck
>>
>>992289
Mandarin, the Chinese are everywhere nowadays.
>>
Aramaic.
>>
>>992294

I'm american and planning on learning arabic, is that a bad idea? (not OP)
>>
File: image.png (174KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
174KB, 500x326px
>>992289
English is fine, widest spoken language and overwhelmingly largest secind language in countries where it's not the primary.

If you still want to learn one then think about where you'd want to visit first and see options. Learning Mongolian or whatever then realizing you actually are not interested in taking trips to Mongolia would be pretty dumb.
>>
>>992333

It's difficult. More than Chinese/Japanese so I hear. Best to do an immersive course in an Arab country if you're really keen. I would if I could afford it...
>>
>>992342
>It's difficult. More than Chinese/Japanese so I hear
For a native English speaker this is not true.
>>
>>992289

English is king
German if you want to connect to that banking money in Europe
Chinese if you want to tap into Chinese manufacturing/shipping/trade

that's all. anything else is a waste.
>>
Chinese, Arabic or Japanese. No point in learning a European language because all these countries speak English as well.
>>
File: jidf.png (12KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
jidf.png
12KB, 679x427px
hebrew goyim
>>
To be able to speak and read Chinese would be excellent. Imagine all the shit you could dig up for cheap on the Chinese interwebs. Speak directly with manufacturers, negotiate deals directly.

But, fuck who has the will to learn a new language as an adult
>>
>>992289
English
>>
>>992463
why would you want to work with backstabbing chinks?
>>
Let's be real, the only languages worth a damn anymore are English and programming languages
>>
>>992463

As an alternative I suggest Hindi. You can negotiate cheap in India itself. Moreover, Hindi is an Indo-European language, meaning it is much, much easier to learn than Chinese or Arabic if you speak an Indo-European language already, like English, or French, or German (600 hours vs 2000).
>>
>>992289
English, Spanish or German are always good bets
>>
>>992463
I speak chinese and read it fluently. I keep seeing amazing products/deals but i dont have the money or knowhow to buy stuff or anything like that.

>not a chink btw
>>
>>992289

German
Russian
Chinese
Japanese maybe (of course not weebanese)
>>
>>992289
Depends what geography you're doing business in.

Latin America - Spanish
Western Europe - German/French
Eastern Europe - Russian
Asian - Mandarin
Middle East - Herbew ;)
>>
Who the fuck would learn arabic now. Arab countries have 1 asset: oil. And oil is not the future. Maybe worth learning if you want to go into military-anti-kebab-industrial-complex. Absolutely unnecessary if you want to do business there (why the fuck would you).
>>
>>992342
yeah my financial situation is pretty much i'm going to torrent rosetta stone

>>992347
are there similarities between arabic and english?

>>992526
kek

>>993822
personally, I grew up in texas so I already halfway speak spanish and I've already attempted learning japanese... it didn't go well, Arabic seems to be the only language left with any sort of commercial application, even if oil isn't the future the middle east has plenty of money now so I'm sure they will start investing in other industries once their oil profits start to drop. I've heard portugese has some merit in the business world but as I said I already know a decent amount of spanish and they are pretty similar
>>
>>992342
Standardized Arabic is very difficult.
Learning the dialects that are actually used isn't too bad. It's much easier to learn to read than asian languages.
>>
Mandarin. A lot of business is done in China and they always find it respectful if you can speak Mandarin.

Spanish is also a plus if you live in America, especially in Florida, Texas, California, Arizona, etc.

Arabic has no /biz/wise benefits. I just learned it to better understand Arabs cause I shop at Halal grocery stores (better quality meat and service). I also learned a little Pashto to eavesdrop on the Paki girls gossiping.
>>
>>992294
>Spanish if you're burger
>>992305
>Mandarin, the Chinese are everywhere nowadays.
As an American I agree with these and suggest learning both if you can. Chinks got money and are looking to spend it because China sucks as a place to invest, Hispanics have less money, but Spanish speakers are everywhere.
>>
What's /biz/'s opinion on Korean? Lots of big tech companies over there
>>
>>995229
Very good. Probably ranks right after Mandarin. Japanese is shit and on the downfall /biz/nesswise. Also who the fuck thinks Arabic is a business language? like....no
>>
>>995314
>>995229

Does anyone have any opinion on the difficulty of korean vs mandarin or japanese?
>>
English is the most important for business, every other language you learn is just for respecting people when doing business and accessing other channels. It depends where you live though. Mandarin is ultimately the most useful but the most difficult to learn. Spanish and German are way easier to learn and will still provide you lots of opportunities, if you were going to pick between them then Spanish would be better if you're in America and German would be better if you're in Europe. If you're looking for something outside Europe that isn't Mandarin tier difficult then Hindi and Arabic are your best bets, with Hindi being a bit more useful but I see Hindi slowly dying off as more indians learn english.

>>995314
Because nearly 300 million people speak it natively. Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Iran, Egypt, UAE etc. Lots of international businesses especially oil companies need people to travel overseas and having fluency in Arabic can pretty easily give you the job.
>>
>>995352
korean is the easiest. extremely simple alphabet.
>>
OP's pic, specifically the second frame, has me giggling like an idiot.
>>
>>995379
Thanks Anon, Yeah I've tried to learn Japanese before, 3 different alphabets fuck that
>>
C++
>>
>>993846
>yeah my financial situation is pretty much i'm going to torrent rosetta stone

Look around first. There's usually plenty of free shit on the internet depending on the language. Everyone recommends Rosetta Stone, and then when you ask them which language they learned with it, they say they only speak English but they heard it's good.
>>
>>995388
I find it creepy, probably too much time on aco/
>>
Swahili or Ladino
>>
what language would help financially? I think arabic, german, and chinese? what you think will get a neet a really good job anons?
>>
>>996193
or hebrew to communicate with kikes
>>
>>996193
>german
Useless, they all speak English anyway
>>
French if you are in Canada
>>
>>996195
german bankers like to talk in secret, no? easy way to befriend a rich man.
>>
Chinese, hands down.
>>
German and Chinese.
>>
>>996231

Actually scrap that. Chinese for sure, but it's good to have a rudimentary understanding of most popular languages. Just enough to say hello, say you don't speak their language fluently and request you speak English. It just shows a certain amount of respect that is lost when assuming they speak English.
>>
>>992526
best answer ITT, and im german
>>
>>996238
Chinese speaking amerifags sound totally retarded. Any other language useful to build connections?
>>
I hear they teach Mandarin in elite private schools nowadays. Consider China will overtake the US in GDP nominal around 2025, tack on another 20 years for good measure, if you are 25 now then you will be 55 when speaking Chinese becomes undeniably important in the business world. If you plan to work well into your 70's then it's probably worth studying
>>
>>996260

Just be respectful about their culture and don't assume they speak english fluently and you'll do fine. Don't condescend, obviously.
>>
>>992329

You put a period after that. Do you know something we do not, my friend?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.