[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coffee interviews

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed (27).jpg (8KB, 220x133px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (27).jpg
8KB, 220x133px
Sup /biz/
I've lucked out and gotten an interview over coffee with the head of a boutique banking/advisory firm in my home town.
What questions should I ask?
What should I wear?
Any other tips?
>>
>>992184
Ethnic attire is always good. I like to go with a traditional Russian track-suit and always bring in my favourite JaguarĀ® energy drink to calm my nerves.
>>
Order a coffee, and ask the staff to make it really really hot.

Then spill some right in the lap of the interviewer.

You will DEFINITELY get the job. This shit works every time.
>>
>>992184
>coffee interview

Coffee fucks me up. I certainly hope I never have to have one (again).

Made the mistake of having coffee between interview sessions, and when I finally interviewed with the manager I was wired and incoherent.

Though I got hired since I was overqualified and applying for an intern position at a startup.

So my advice for you is to discretely order a black decaf.

Dress business casual. Prepare your questions in advance - ask about organization/management, culture, expectations. Ask them their personal opinions about their experiences with the organization. Ask about the characteristics of their most effective team members, and what motivates them.

It's better they interview you about your credentials though, gives you a chance to shine.
>>
>>992184
>What should I wear?
Fedora
>What questions should I ask?
Do you like my Fedora?
>Any other tips?
Tip your fedora.
>>
>>992184
Only serious answer here aside from >>992236

Order black coffee (Decaf if you want)
Know everything about the company (as much as you can) Ask human questions, but know the answer to them. Bring a copy of your resume and be calm and collected.

Your handshake says a lot about your character. Shake firm, but if you workout, it will make you look better. Callouses show that you are not afraid to get work done.
>>
>>992232
>>992229
>>992241
:^)
>>992184
1) What deals they've worked on recently, their career path, and growth opportunities in your position
2) Black suit white shirt standard tie, I don't even know how this is a question
3) Have absolutely flawless responses to:
>Walk me through your resume
>Why finance?
>Why (firm name)?
>>
Do not ask him what deals he worked on. Research deals that they have done and then ask him about it; asking him with no idea is stupid and shows no preparation. The answer you're looking for is probably on Google.
>>
>>992184
>questions
Caged or natural?
>wear
Maid outfit.
>>
>>992184
Do as much prep on the business as you possibly can. What do they do? What deals have they done lately? What segment of the market do they market themselves to?

What competitors do they have?
What do they make a year? What would they be expecting of you for the position you are interviewing for?

The more shit you know, the better.
Dress business casual.
If coffeine gets to you, order decaf.
>>
>>992184
I got offers from PwC and KPMG last month. This is for Accounting so I don't know how well it will apply.

Literally just be as normie as you can.
If you got an interview then your qualifications are enough they just want to see if your not a sperg and can send out to clients.

But don't be too casual just be professional, but pleasant to be around.
>>
Tell him you don't drink coffee; motivation to work hard and acquire capital is your energy boost.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.