[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wall Street Kid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Wall_Street_Kid.jpg (65KB, 256x350px) Image search: [Google]
Wall_Street_Kid.jpg
65KB, 256x350px
Hey /biz/ are there any good trading simulations that are NOT real time, but have real life events so it doesn't just feel like I'm guessing.
>>
Why is real time a problem?
>>
>>990830

It's hard for me to know if i am doing things right or wrong. I want to try different strategies.
>>
>>990834
I'm not sure I follow. NinjaTrader has a simulation platform that uses the real market and lets you test how effective your trading strategy is. You can also test it against the past as well if you want. Other than testing against the past, understanding the effectiveness of long-term strategies is going to take a long time. Also, past performance doesn't necessarily mean future performance, especially if your strategy is too fitted to past markets.
>>
>>990840

the problem is I have no real strategy at all and wouldnt even know where to begin, at least if could accelerate time, I would get a better understanding of what is going on.
>>
>>990853
That's why you can test against the past. If you're basing your strategy on rules rather than feeling, checking against the past shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure your rules have some logic.
>>
>>990858

so when I test against the past, can I speed up the time?
>>
>>990860
If you're testing against the past, you get a report of your returns rather than waiting for the trading to happen. The downside to Ninjatrader is a steep learning curve.
>>
>>990865

does the report take a day or can i just move through the days?
>>
>>990870
You can just run the report. Understand you're testing a model against the past. There's no reason for the thing to run in the past at real time.
>>
>>990879

oh I was looking more along the lines of day trading that sounds more like it's long term investing.
>>
>>990887
No, you create your rule set, then test the ruleset against the past as if it were happening in real time.

I'm losing patience here. I'm trying to be helpful, and I'm not understanding what part I'm not making clear. Ninjatrader is just one tool that will do what you want, but there are others.

Instead of trying to argue yourself out of it, why don't you pick up a tool and give it a try? Ninjatrader is so named for a reason; it's designed with daytrading in mind. Go give it a try. Remember, it does have a steep learning curve.
>>
Yeah, its called reading the Wall Street Journal and paper trading.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.