[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forging Reference Letters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: letter-mail-envelope.jpg (790KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
letter-mail-envelope.jpg
790KB, 1000x666px
So I'm applying for this job, and they've asked for a professional and academic letters of recommendation. I immediately message a lady I worked under and asked if her offer to write me a letter still stood. She said "absolutely." and told me she would write it the following Monday (a week from today.) I then emailed a professor and was told I'd have the letter by this Monday (today). Well I ended up getting the letter from the professor early and here, a week later, after two ignored messages and an ignored text, have heard nothing from the other person.

I'm going to call her tomorrow, but assuming she doesn't answer, would it be risky to just write a letter for her? The company hasn't set any date but repeatedly emphasizes the importance of getting things in as quickly as possible. I really don't want to lose out on my future career because some black lady is too lazy to write a letter, and I don't want to ask her co-worker because that seems rude.

Any advice on how to successfully forge a reference letter?
>>
File: tmyk.png (87KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
tmyk.png
87KB, 277x182px
>>989415

Forgery is a felony, OP.
>>
>>989423
That's not even in the ballpark of what I asked.
>>
>>989475

Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>989475
Must be that autist from the resume thread. Ignore him. Also, I think they have a few templates online. Just make sure that the lady who agreed to write the letter doesn't end up sending the letter after the fact. That could get hairy. Unless she was going to give it to you to deliver to them? In that case, much easier.
>>
>>989478
Are you? Do you honestly think the odds of me getting legal repercussion for submitting a forged letter from some lady who works at a small nonprofit who promised me she'd write me one anyway?

Would you really advise me not to get the job just because she's a very lazy person who won't reply to anything?
>>
>>989483
>Unless she was going to give it to you to deliver to them?
Yeah, that's how it was supposed to go down. It's all over email. I'm pretty sure it's just a formality, not some huge important step.
>>
>>989486

Your question was about forgery:
>would it be risky to just write a letter for her?

My response was about forgery.
>Forgery is a felony, OP.

My response is dead center "in the ballpark"

So yes, you are retarded.

I don't know what the odds are, but she can easily press charges. I don't know enough about her to ascertain whether or not she would if she found out.

Do a little growing up and find another reference if she doesn't come through, instead of acting desperate and pathetic.
>>
>>989492
All you did was reply with a very obvious statement as if you're on some sort of moral highground. I don't give a shit about that, and the odds of her pressing charges are abysmally low. Literally worst case scenario is she's not fond of me anymore. What's your deal, m8?

> instead of acting desperate and pathetic
I am desperate. Unless I want to resort to a fucking fast food manager, this is the only real professional in my past who i can use for what is potentially a decent position after graduation. I don't care if you think that makes me a bad person or some shit. It would be a literal victimless crime. But instead of letting you derail my thread with your autistic faggotry, I'll simply not reply to any of your posts after this.
>>
>>989492
>a white knight has appeared
Save us thou keeper of justice and truth!
>>
So I called her. She said she'd do it today. If I don't get it by tomorrow I'm definitely forging it.
>>
its always a nigger to ruin the opportunities of somebody else.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.