[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bitcoin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: HTB18cBGGXXXXXasXVXXq6xXFXXXV.jpg (598KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
HTB18cBGGXXXXXasXVXXq6xXFXXXV.jpg
598KB, 1632x1224px
bitcoin fags, and other fags. a question.

If I decide to reinvest some of my monthly business profit into buying terrahash miners would this be a feasible investment. this miners would be considered office equipment thus tax deductible.
>>
>>989043
no.
Do you know basics about mining? Each machine has a % chance of finding a block while they are working, and the reward is worth 25 BTC. Usually this is just barely enough to pay for electricity, but perhaps you can get cheap electricity or deduce tax, wathever, and earn a little.

BUT, from july 2016 onwards, the reward for mining a block will be permanently reduced by half, as it happens every 4 years. Now every miner will only earn 12,5 BTC. It will be years before you earn your money back. If you need coins better buy them when the prices goes a bit lower.
>>
OP, if you do this, you're effectively just gambling because you will NEED the price of BTC to go up to ever turn a profit. Why not just buy BTC outright?
>>
>>989057
>>989066
Lol why would he buy BTC? He's looking for a way to make profit, not Bitcoin.
>>
>>989076
I never said BTC was a good investment. And honestly, who knows where it is going in the future.
>>
>>989043
Nope
>>
>>989066
I am losing money anyway by taxing, if I invest it in a terrahash miner I can deduce it from my tax. Thus buying it or not buying it, the money is lost anyway. With buying it, I can atleast use the hardware to mine and with time turn a profit.

However if you guys tell me that at terrahash miner spends more electricity in a month than it would ever be able to mine monthly in BTCto$ value, then that shit is flawed for everyone except the company producing them.
>>
>>989938
Bingo. By the time miners reach the market they are pretty much obsolete.
http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/23/6833047/bitcoin-conspiracy-theorists-vindicated-as-ftc-shuts-down-butterfly-labs
>this is the rule, not the exception
>>
LISTEN UP YOU FUCKS

GET BITCOIN MACHINE
GET PEDAL POWERED GENERATOR
HOOK IT UP
BURN CALORIES WHILE MINING COINS

GET FIT GET RICH NIGGA
>>
>>989952
how hard is it to build one of those yourself?
>>
>>989938
100% tax deduction is effectively like 15% off or whatever your tax rate is. equipment is not a 100% write off. Even with aggressive depreciation. You're looking at 80% the first year. So if it was 15% its a real 12% discount first year.
>>
>>989985
You'd have to be a pretty hardcore asics design engineer to squeeze anymore performance out of the technology, and most EE guys, that even fuck with actual hardware, do fpga now. You're looking at a fairly niche super technical skill set, and you need to be damn near the best in the world at it.
>>
>>990025
If its a small field that means less competition. You never really know what you'll be good at. When they spun up the Folding@home project, they found their best folder was a little old lady with a highschool education who spent most of her time knitting.
>>
>>990033
I'm not even sure how to reply to that. I don't even know if you're disagreeing with me or talking about something else entirely.

???

I don't think any old ladies that dropped out of high school are going to be designing bleeding edge liquid nitrogen cooled integrated single purpose circuits.

Wait... No... What?

Ok I'm out.
>>
>>989938

Why wouldn't you just donate it for a tax write off and free advertisement?
>>
>>990035
>I don't think any old ladies that dropped out of high school are going to be designing bleeding edge liquid nitro...

Lmao. I saw the mental picture of this. Let's just hope she doesn't have arthritis.
>>
>>989057
The price is going to double by then so you will be making the same in USD, and by double I meant x4 at least. June 2016 is going to be fun watching the nocoiners have brain aneurysms.
>>
About mining, there are individual miners still making profit monthly, not much but some. If you are making 1 BTC a month, you'll retire in about 10 years if you get a decent 2 figure stack while it's possible. This guy is on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ylVOLvoiY

Anyway, if you don't have a privileged situation electricity wise and are a noob in the game, it's better that you just buy some BTC monthly and hold very long term.
>>
>>989043>>989057
>>989967
>>990035
>>990380
>>990385

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7GmbdSYzKY
I heard Gulden is a direct competitor for Bitcoin.
>>
>>990380
>>990385
>Look at him. Look at him and laugh.

Stupid asshole is trying to convince what he hopes are stupider assholes that buying and NOT EXCHANGING a fucking new currency, with a miserable track record and near zero liquidity that nobody else exchanges either, will somehow make you rich when everyone but you and him(never going to happen) start actually using it for... well... EXCHANGE.
>>
>>990380
It's almost like deja vu. You guys said the same thing about June 2014 and June 2015. Wait... No no no I take that back. You guys said the same thing in
>January 2014
>February 2014
>March 2014
>April 2014
I got tired of typing lol. Pretty much you guys have been saying the same thing for 2 YEARS NOW. You personally, not just Bitcoiners. Does this mean by June 2016 you will just shut the fuck up already if Bitcoin is worth around $150 each? No it doesn't does it. You will never shut the fuck up even though your predictions have been proven to be wrong over and over and over again. How about this. Can you please just come back in June and gloat since you're so sure of yourself? Why spam the same bullshit every single day if nobody gives a fuck and there is so many "coping nocoiners" here? What the fuck is the point?
>>
File: Gay Gangsters.jpg (84KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
Gay Gangsters.jpg
84KB, 620x413px
>>990396
Hello sir.
Have you heard of...
>GULDEN?
>>
>>990409
They have an impressive timeline
>>
>>990409
>>990406
>>990396
Oh fucking I can't so funny
>>
>>989967
Holy fuck
>>
>>989043
I was thinking of taking old crap computers, puting them in a cellar and hooking them on the grid (yes there is a posibility in my backwater eastern-european village to steal electricity). Just letting them run forever mining crap.
>>
These gulden shills are pathetic.
>>
>>991412
>>991832
Gulden
Gulden everywhere!
>>
>>991802
old crap computers won't make a cent today.
>>
>>990394
You may as well be trippin
>>
>>990406
>mu-hu crashes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg
>>
>>990406
Just buy some bitcoin dude.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.