[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who survives the petroglut?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: petroleum_roulette.png (318KB, 1011x432px) Image search: [Google]
petroleum_roulette.png
318KB, 1011x432px
With oil companies suffering left and right, I figured now would be the time to ask.

Who do you think is left standing when it all settles out? Is it time to pick up some stock while it's dirt cheap, or is that stock going to stay bottomed out as bigger companies eventually gobble up smaller ones?

Tell me what you see in your crystal balls, /biz/.
>>
>>988667
Sorely tempted to buy Shell after that 5% drop today.

Dat falling knife tho.
>>
>>988667
Shell, Cat, RR, GE seem likely to survive.
>>
>>988667
xom
bp
apa
apc
cvx

You should consider PBT and BPT for intermediate term passive income.

You're welcome.
>>
>>989003

GEs oil services are getting shit on right now and they have way too many irons in the fire.

Sooner or later it's going to really show in the earnings. Do not buy GE. I'm seeing this shit first hand in the Permian basin.
>>
I like pioneer they probably have the lowest break even prices of the big unconventional producers, and the wolfcamp is the future of the industry in America. I believe they hold the most of it.

Oxy is another good pick as they operate a lot of big legacy fields and are in good position to just wait this thing out but still lean enough to participate in unconventional plays when the time comes.
>>
>>989039
>BPT
>Limited decline
>Decent gains pre-OPEC fuckery
>Fucking 9% dividend without losing traction over it.

Holy mother of grail.
>>
>>989039
>>989071
Wait a second.

>On December 31, 2006, the Trust claimed a lifetime of approximately 8.3 years for all mineral reserves of the Trust.

PBT declared its fields would run out of oil last year, and they've gain no royalties over other fields. Why is it not dead, and will it die soon?
>>
Holy shit ill be looking into BPT, lets get some more info on here. How do we know the company is in decent shape to recover after this?
>>
>>988667
Wouldn't CAT benefit from cheap oil though?
Don't know the specifics of their operations, but what's stopping them from benefiting from cheap oil via increased purchases in their machinery?

Also, Santos is going to go down the shitter if oil drops any further/ the AUD continues to stabilise.
>>
>>989179
Read their news page on Finviz. Completing new wells and hedge funds have large (new) positions in PBT.

Banks will only allow a royalty trust to predict a lifespan of 7 years or so. The Permian Basin has been producing for over a hundred years. There is even a larger pool of oil under the existing Permian Basin as well. PBT has been having workovers and re-drills. Those have to be paid for first then the moneys get distributed.

The monthly payout that I like is low for those reasons. So the price is too of the units.

Both PBT and BPT are lower for all the known reasons. As they were during every low cycle of the price of oil. The hedge fund entry into PBT is interesting and I'm not sure why they are there but it has made the news.

Owning royalty trusts is like owning a rent house. You get a monthly income (PBT) or quarterly (BPT) but the value of the cash producing asset can rise or fall as well.
>>
>>989536
the gist is less CAT machines are being used for drilling now.
Sort of offsets the potential gains.
>>
>>989536
CAT is an excellent way to see how the rest of the world is expanding or contracting financially.
>>
>>989562
Oh of course I should have known that. Friends family operates a mining equipment lease business in Mt Isa/QLD, lost about 250m on their valuation this year lel
>>989563
Because the equipment they sell is a gauge of construction growth?
>>
>>989563
Isn't CAT doing poorly? I remember they were closing plants and selling assets.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.