[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a houseboat instead of renting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (107KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 640x427px
Buying a houseboat instead of renting. You can get a small boat for just 5k. Spend another 3k on renovations. Cruising License is 400 a year.

For 9 months rent a place to live in the city permanently. And when you want to upgrade you can sell it for the same money you paid for it.
>>
Autism Awareness Month is every month on /biz/ I see.

Show me a $5K houseboat that only needs $3K in repairs.
>>
>>988026
>And when you want to upgrade you can sell it for the same money you paid for it.

>implying

also, you're forgetting harbor fees
>>
>>988028
Pounds not dollars.
>>988029
They hold their value pretty well like all utillitarian objects. Mooring fees dont apply to cruising licenses. It just means you move at least 1.5 k every 14 days
>>
>>988030

Boats depreciate like shit. I've owned 3 in my life time.
>>
>>988030
>Mooring fees dont apply to cruising licenses. It just means you move at least 1.5 k every 14 days

and where are you gonna dock? you think that's free?
>>
>>988057
Swim to the shore and back everyday.
Cheap house, free training. :^)
>>
>>988038
House boats?

What do you mean depreciate.
>>
File: 1449315328003.jpg (68KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449315328003.jpg
68KB, 900x900px
>>988082

>What do you mean depreciate
>>
Living in a trailer seems pretty sweet. The way thing are going the stigma may well slowly erode in the coming years. What more do you need desu?
Boat seems like a lot of hassle with many potential pitfalls.
>>
>>988086
Depreciate by how much? What kind of boat etc. I was asking you for an explanation
>>
>>988088
Nowhere to put a trailer in the city center.

Boats you can
>>
>>988092
>boat in city center
What city?
Aren't the good spots generally ridiculously expensive in large cities?
>>
lmao @ ur life OP, if you wanted to do something like this just live IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER, gonna be way cheaper after taking into account berthing fees
>>
>>988103
>What city?
Venice
>>
>>988026
boats are really, really expensive. Look into the hidden costs of ownership.

I'm all about your plan, just know that there are SO MANY things that you're probably not thinking about.
>>
>>988187

na man is ez, just like mortgage renting a house, just like loan investing man, i dont know why more people don't do it!
>>
>>988026
Maintenance dumbass. If youre house sinks youre fucked.

Docking fees add up too so have fun in the middle of nowhere on a dingy alone with your thoughts
>>
>>988026
I did this for a while OP. Got a boat for about 7 grand. Lived on that for a year. Depending on rent in the area you'll save a ton of cash. People in this board are really stupid when it comes to this shit.
>>
>>988026
moorage in London runs around £8000 to £10000 per year.
>>
All these haters, I was listening to someone on the ham radio who lived in a boat in boston. She worked for the coast guard, so obviously knew what the fuck she was doing around boats. I forget the specifics but it was pretty cheap, especially considering that people will spend $500 - $1000+ on rent and live in a smaller space and with room mates.

People do this year round in the winter you get a heater of some sort and seal everything off. Sounds comfy as fuck, if I worked close to the harbor I would definitely weigh the option. Upkeep would be the only thing to be concerned about.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.