[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any one a cop? The area that I'm in has good pay and great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: badges.png (397KB, 1125x704px) Image search: [Google]
badges.png
397KB, 1125x704px
Any one a cop? The area that I'm in has good pay and great benefits. Job seems chill as fuck 90% of the time.

Any anons got input?
>>
you literally get paid shit wages and have to deal with niggers all damn day. not worth it.
>>
why are you willing to risk your life for money? do you respect your own life?
>>
>>987574
What is 'good pay'?
Whats it start at, and what will you be at in say, 5 years?
>>
Mostly I have heard it is shitty.

The only two breaks are: (1) if you work in a small town without much danger or (2) if you are corrupt and take bribes.

Plus the libtards are gonna make it even more difficult to be a cop.
>>
>>987577
>why are you willing to risk your life for money
Just be thankful someone is, because organized crime would fuck you like the giant pussy you apparently are.
>>
>>987589
just let brainwashed criminals fight other non-brainwashed criminals. why would normal people do this, is beyond me
>>
around here you have to pass a polygraph that involves asking if you've committed any crimes in the last three years... so no
>>
>>987585
Starting out is 70k not including any overtime. You can retire with 20 years in. 5 years as of now without OT is 80k.

12 hour shifts 4 days on one week, 3 days next week. The guys that I talked to said most work OT and make anywhere from 100k-140k a year.
>>
>>987619
what department/state?
cpd average says like 40k
>>
I knew a cop once but they took him out back and he ended up as bacon :'(

sad but delicious
>>
If you live in Canada it's a pretty great job. 100K a year plus benefits/overtime and most places you don't have to deal with niggers, unless you work in Toronto, and then if you work for the RCMP you work in buttfuck nowhere and have to deal with drunk natives all day who can be just as bad as American niggers. You get ample time off, where I live they work 3 weeks of the month and get one week off. Even the weeks you work you only work four days a week, albeit 12 hour days. I'm pretty sure it's much more competitive here than it is in the States though.
>>
>>987650
Austin TX

https://www.austintexas.gov/page/benefits-and-salary
>>
>>987650
Tempe az starts at like 80k just top of my head
>>
Around these parts, middle of nowhere rural area, cops, teachers and postal workers all make about the same, 50k and up.

Did a search for Austin postal workers and found carriers making 60k.
>>
>>987575
>>987577

You guys watch way too many movies. There's different positions within the field. You can be a cop and never leave the station, or do nothing but camp out on Interstates pulling people over being a dick head. My Brother is a cop, and has been for almost 6 years. It's not glorious or dangerous as you see in those police chase TV shows or in the movies. The same applies for firefighters. My cousin is one. Maybe once or twice a year, they get a house engulfed in flames. 99% of calls are car accidents, kitchen fires, or some old bitch saw something in a tree.

Man you guys are autistic.

>>987588
>if you work in a small town without much danger
Small town cops have it worse, because they literally have to do everything. It's not like in bigger cities where you have the ability to be a cop that sits in the police station/jail all day, highway patrol, answering 911 calls, etc. It's a lot more stressful and dangerous being a cop in a county, than being a cop in a city. And it pays less too.

>if you are corrupt and take bribes
Again, too many Fox movies.
>>
I considered applying to become a cop, but with my master degree I'm a bit overqualified. Plus they barely make minimum wage where I live.
>>
>>987972
what area, anon?
>>
Cop here, do it srs
>>
Shooting at niggers as a career? Sign me up to kill some dindus!
>>
>>989424
Tell us more than just do it, anon. What do you like about it.. hate, perks, etc?
>>
I'd be more interested in hearing if anyone here became a mercenary / joined "private security" (g4s, blackwater, etc.) after military service.
>>
>>990875
Kaz, get out of here.
>>
>>990875

kept you waiting huh?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.