[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever turned down a promotion? What happened? I work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: CVlC075WEAAkKNk.jpg (225KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CVlC075WEAAkKNk.jpg
225KB, 1024x1536px
Has anyone ever turned down a promotion? What happened? I work at (glorified fast food place) as assistant manager and my boss is saying they want to make me a manager at some point but I really don't want to deal with that much responsibility over shit I don't care about for relatively little pay.
>>
I worked at a Waffle House and the regional Managers wanted to train me for managerial position simply because I was male and had no criminal record. I turned it down. The Manager at the place I worked felt threatened I guess and started cutting my hours and always changing my shifts trying to get me to quit. She was a bitch.
>>
Same type of story.

When I was college, I was working at some museum in the run of the mill customer service type position. They wanted to make me shift lead. Which would have been a $1 more per hour, but tons more responsibility (responsibility over everyone's till, needing to deal with shitty customers, needing to go to meetings with the execs who thought their shit didn't stink, etc.).
>>
>>987432
>The Manager at the place I worked felt threatened I guess and started cutting my hours and always changing my shifts trying to get me to quit

I hate when they fucking do that shit.

Like fuck just fire me ok? Don't do this bullshit behind the back jewry senpai.
>>
>>987432
> The Manager at the place I worked felt threatened I guess and started cutting my hours and always changing my shifts trying to get me to quit. She was a bitch.

I am afraid of this because if I lose my job or hours I am wrecked. I've been trying to get into webdev/Web design, but that seems to be a months-long endeavor,maybe even a year, especially since I can't just sit at home all day and code. while this promotion thing could come to a head in less than 5
>>
>>987437

It's cheaper for an employee to quit rather than to fire them. Every minimum wage place does this. My roommate was a 7-11 Manager and he'd always do shit to make people quit instead of firing them, cause firing costs more and then he'd get bitched at by the Franchise owner. His job has extra perks though. I'm from Dallas area and the owner of his store is a professional athlete. He always has sluts coming around fucking him to get contact info of the owner.
>>
yep, on more than one occasion. 10x the responsibility for a 5% pay increase? no thanks. thats why most managers you meet are idiots or theyre on a power trip, theyre the only ones who take those jobs.

what happened? nothing. i went about my job same as always only when someone called off, didnt show up, got fired, new hire training, scheduling issues, payroll issues etc etc.. i was clocked out and gone. not my problem. the benefit of having your phone not ring on your off time or if it does having no responsibility to answer it without repercussion is worth it.
>>
>>987429
I didn't directly turn it down, but I worked at this market research company (You've probably seen those survey people in malls that bug everyone. Yeah. That.), the current manager was going to quit about 1-2 months after I ended up quitting, and it would have been between me and the "official" assistant manager, who didn't like the idea of being manager anyway.

In the end though, I ended up quitting, saw her a few months later, and she'd become the manager.
>>
>>987429

> more responsibility
> we'll pay you slightly more

yes, this is common. Just lay it out for upper management that if they want you to take on more duties, you require a significant raise in pay to make it worth it.

If they balk shop your resume to a competitor. That's the way the game is played.
>>
>>987440
>It's cheaper for an employee to quit rather than to fire them. Every minimum wage place does this.

What exactly makes it cheaper?

Since it's at-will employment wouldn't it be exactly the same?

But yeah I got the same treatment. Literally getting 1-2 shifts per week after a while... And always giving me the worst possible ones, eventually I just quit.
>>
>>987429

>already making 6 figures salaried
>offered manager position
>significant increase in responsibilities, increased liability, increased hours doing you normal job and management shit on top of it
>all for manager title and extra 7k a year
>lolno
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.