[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever had luck flipping shit online? Like finding a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Has anyone ever had luck flipping shit online? Like finding a deal or an ending auction and sold it back for more? Is it good to just stay in s relative market you know or compulsively buy shit you see cheap?
>>
>>986728
I find beat up quality furniture in junk stores and flea markets. I learned from Youtube videos how to repair them if possible. I resell it on Craigslist for 80 to 200 dollars more. I sell 3 or 4 pieces a month. All cash.
>>
Use FatFingers to find these type of listings on eBay.

Go to yard sales. I always see old people who's husband/father has passed away and is selling tools and other expensive man things for real cheap because they don't know the worth.
>>
>>986930
What kind of furniture do you do this with?

Tables, chairs and like seem like they are too big for people to want to buy it from some guy on craigslist.

There are tons of free furniture on craigslist, why not just take their free stuff and flip it for >100% profit?
>>
>>986940
>old dead guy
It's not cheap because they don't know the worth, I forgot the names of these types of sales but dead people stuff is always incredibly cheap because everyone is always superstitious about it belonging to someone who died.
>>
File: Brasillia_1.jpg (143KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Brasillia_1.jpg
143KB, 1333x1000px
>>987014
I am aware of all that. I specialize in niche mid century modern pieces, specifically from 1960 - 1969. Designer pieces are the best (Wormley, Mont, Flagg, Eames, Pearsall etc) but the knock offs of them are good too: Harmony House (by Sears) , Ward, Owasso,R-plan, etc.

Baby Boomers are dying, passing their family's furniture (mid century) to estate sales, yard sales, Salvation Army (the best!) and Goodwill.

For example: Find a Brasilia by Broyhill dresser in well worn condition for 85. Re-stain, fix veneer (easy) polish handles. Sell on CL to upscale hipsters who liked Mad Men TV show for 450.

pic related

they are too big for people to want to buy it from some guy on craigslist.

>There are tons of free furniture on craigslist, why not just take their free stuff and flip it for 100% profit?

If it's mid century and I can get there first, I do.
>>
>>987234
>hey are too big for people to want to buy it from some guy on craigslist.
I fucked up and didn't green text that statement. I sell big pieces all the time. Buyers bring a friend and have a pickup truck or van. No prob.
>>
>>986728

I use to make like $500 a month in my spare time selling stuff on Ebay or CL.

To get stuff I would use garage sales, and try to find older people with a bunch of junk in their home they needed to get rid of. Also if I had a friend who was trying to get rid of something, I would offer to sell it for them, for a commision.

To sell stuff I used Ebay and CL.
>>
>>987243
>>987234
Huh, thanks for the information. I always wondered how people actually made a profit off of reselling furniture.

I don't really flip items, but rather buy them in bulk from some Chinese dude. I resell on Ebay, but I need my own website since the fees are a pain in the ass. How hard is it to start up a website and generate traffic.
>>
>>986728
A friend of mine used to buy old stuff off craigslist, fix it up and sell it on eBay as a side hustle.
>>
>>987473
Costs way more to get a website going with decent traffic. The 10% ebay charges is quite a bargain.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.