[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"LA / New York are awful, I moved to [Midwest] and have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1449325549288.png (17KB, 696x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449325549288.png
17KB, 696x500px
>"LA / New York are awful, I moved to [Midwest] and have been happier since"

Why do so many 4channers say this? Are they poor or what?
>>
Not business related
>>
LA and New York are actually awful
the only people who don't think that are third worlders

>>986107
yes it is
CoL comparison for relocation
the thing you often do for employment
in a business
>>
>>986098
The cost of living in the midwest is pretty low. It might not necessarily be about being poor. Things are cheaper in general in these places, even people who make a lot of money might not necessarily like overpaying for shit.

I live in Texas, and honestly it's pretty great.

>no state income tax
>gas is cheap
>rent is cheap
>food is cheap
>beer is cheap

What more could you want. I can live pretty comfortably on my 80k a year salary while in New York or LA I'd be living like someone who makes $30k a year here does. It's pretty ridiculous actually.
>>
>>986123

I don't count texas or miami or chicago but let's be srs, I thought the bizzy bee international jet setters that poopulate 4chan would be livoinng the fast life
>>
>>986127
Some people like being at the center of attention of things. They like to be where things are "happening". Cities like NYC, LA, SF, and to some extent DC are full of these types. It's really a matter of preference. I've grown up in this state and am quite partial to it.

There's enough industry here for decent jobs with good salaries to be abundant, and the Cost of Living is cheap enough that I'm not living paycheck to paycheck. I'm able to save my money, buy nice things, and get drunk and shitpost on 4chan without having to slave away at some job working 60+ hours a week.
>>
>>986123
I knew some powerful natural gas brokers and a hedge fund analyst who moved to Fairfield, Iowa, because of cost of living and the TM university there.
>>
>>986127
You won't end up being richer living in LA/NYC/SF Bay than anywhere else that there's jobs available in your field. Most places will just pay you local living expenses + $xx,xxx. If you live in a 1 room apartment with a toilet in your closet then you may end up having more savings, but the quality of life difference is huge between NYC on $100k and even Chicago or Austin, TX on $60k.
>>
>>986098
Well, it depends. Try buying a 10k sqft home in NY and the Midwest and you'll see the difference.

Honestly senpai, living on the North side of Chicago is pretty based. You can get a big mcmansion, travel to the city, take your boat out to the lake etc...
>>
>>986119
>LA and New York are actually awful
how much time have you spent in either city?
>>
>>986215
I've lived in NYC for six years now. It' shit.

I've lived in:

LIC,
BK, (Williamsburg)
Harlem,
UES,
Queens, (Sunnyside)
And now Hoboken.

The city is pretty shit. I make $110k, my wife makes $60k. Our rent is $2100. Even though our monthly expenses are fairly low for our income, we're still looking to move out of the city.
>>
>>986098
Moving to the mid-west would most likely be better for me financially.
I could easily afford multiple income properties whereas that is not an option for me in LA.
I still love LA though.
>>
File: 1447432409997.gif (462KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1447432409997.gif
462KB, 450x450px
To live the emo lives they've always dreamed of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NfnXdXpjL0
>>
>>986098
The only people who actually like living in LA/NY are the same types of people you probably want to avoid in life.

All those rich wall-street types? They absolutely hate big cities, just as much as any other reasonable person. The "rich city guy retires into the countryside" stereotype is 100% accurate, no successful person with their head screwed on tight likes big city life.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.