[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some CodeAcademy/Khan Academy tier websites I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: khan-academy.png (22KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
khan-academy.png
22KB, 350x200px
What are some CodeAcademy/Khan Academy tier websites I should know of? Looking for a website like these but for learning new languages, specifically Arab and Spanish.
>>
Duolingo lets you learn Spanish for free. Plus, you help translate the web for south murrikans.
>>
>>985972
Khan academy and MIT courseware are the only good ones.

Codeacademy is a fucking retarded meme
>>
>>985995

>2015
>not understanding basic HTML, CSS, and Python

It's like you live in the south and use flip phones.
>>
>>985999
It doesn't teach you any programming though.

It's literally "Type this into that box", ok you're a programmer now!

If you want to learn what strings are and what printf() does then go ahead but if you want to actually learn to program you need to get some good books.
>>
>>986007

It teaches you the syntax. There's not much implications on programming anyways when it comes to web development. There's no hard math or logic. So I would say it's a very good site to start in for web development. It's not programming. Even then, there's a huge difference between learning how to program and learning a programming language.
>>
>>986022
It's not good at any of that though.

You'd be much better reading a few books or following something like the OdinProject or something.

You finish codecadamy and you learn what a string is and how to print things to console...
>>
>>986035
I'm currently reading an 1,100 page book on Java as my first programming book and I can definitely say that doing codeacademy beforehand helped me just in terms of grounding me in reality and providing a visceral understanding of what coding is. The person who wrote this book, while very knowledgeable, also seems pretty autistic and doesn't do a good job of explaining things in an intuitive / non-robotic way
>>
>>986293
>also seems pretty autistic and doesn't do a good job of explaining things in an intuitive / non-robotic way

That's unfortunately how programming and computer science is.

It just kinda "clicks" for people, who happen to tend to be autistic.
>>
>>985972
Coursera
Edx

everything else are shit tier.

CodeAcademy is shit.
>>
Memrise
>>
>>985999
I have moderate knowladge of html css python java cpp...
I'm a nurse
It does me fuck all
>>
>>985995
this. web design is shit anyway... unless you are good, but then, you should still know how to program, and to do it well. codeacademy is shit desu senpai
>>
I dictate Spanish classes over skype ;)
Native yo
>>
>>985972
I use Pronunciator for language courses. It's free if you go through your local library.
>>
>>988470

Do you do it nude?
>>
>>985991
Claro que si, entra a /int/ y busca el hilo latino /lat/.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.