[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the basics of the art of negotiation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

What are the basics of the art of negotiation?
>>
Be willing to walk away.
>>
Be a good listener
>>
>>983561
literally this
>>
>>983561
It's weird how true this is.

Any attempt to negotiate from a "position of strength" will come off as fake and weak unless you can take it or leave it.
>>
>>983568
How is it weird?

You have all the leverage in a situation where they need something more than you need them.

Like selling something, if they try to haggle and you can say "Nahhh cya I got someone coming in 15 minutes to buy this either pay fullprice or fuck off", and they clearly are interested(since they drove there and want to buy it) they will just pay up. Versus desperately trying to sell something for months(and they see that) and constantly lowering your price(speaking from a place of weakness)
>>
>>983549
Knowing exactly what you want out of it before initiating negotiations
>>
>>983549
create mutual gain

the world is big but technology made it smaller

you can't afford to fuck people over for personal short term gain
>>
>>983561

know when to run.

never count your money...
>>
>>983549

1) know the market

2) know the value of your good/service
>>
Simple: Emotions
>>
Have a good understanding of the position of who you are negotiating with.

Come with a plan and have other options.
>>
>>983549
Understand your cost of opportunity in the negotiation (your outcome in the situation if the negotiation fails).Anything above this cost of opportunity is a win
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.