[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Landlord entering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Sorry if this the wrong board, but my landlady just tried to enter over an hour past the time she said she would. I told her to come back another time. I don't think it was nefarious or anything. I am in good standing and they seem to like me but I do smoke weed in my apartment and I think at least one neighbor knows about it. Should I send a confrontational letter to my landlord so they respond and acknowledge it or should I just let it slide and use it as leverage if necessary? Man having your landlord try to bust in when you're not wearing pants and stoned is bad news.

Canadian btw
>>
You can smoke crack in your appartement if you want. Landlords must state that smoking is or isn't allowed in the contract.

If she is an hour late and you're in good standing then let it slide
>>
>>982355

You should let it slide, and no that's not valid 'leverage'.

Obligatory;

DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>982362

Illegal activity is generally grounds for eviction unless it's not through a real estate agent, in which case they can evict you for lulz
>>
File: movie_mustaches_3.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
movie_mustaches_3.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>982364
Thank you dude. Yeah my contract probably says something about not doing illegal things.
>>
>>982355

>landlords trying to enter your house uninvited, ever

What are you, in some third world shithole?

It doesn't matter that they own the walls.
From the moment you sign the contract, that house becomes _your domicile_ and that is sacred.

They can't enter without either your consent, or the police present (and a just reason).

Well, that's how it works here in Italy at least.

Anyway if you didn't say anything too edglelord 9000-ish and just replied "come back another time, I'm not dressed properly" or something along the lines, why should she suspect anything?

She's probably going to think you were banging some girl.
>>
>>982355
yes
Sign the letter Seth Rogan and let her know what a complete and total utter faggot you are
>>
First off you've got an appointment with your landlord. She's late and you decide that that's the time to take a fat rip, before calling to confirm that she's going to be absent. You deserve everything coming to you.

You've got 2 options

Send her a letter. Bitch about about her entering. She calls cops says there is weed. They search you randomly till evidence is found.

You don't send letter. She calls cops says there is weed. They search you randomly till evidence is found.

Just apologize for not letting her in verbally, and say that if she makes an appointment she must arrive on time or contact you to change plans.

also put away all your paraphernalia, your house is no longer safe to smoke in.
>>
>actually dealing with your landlord directly

Yeah, that person fucked up. Make their lives hell. They should've hired a property manager.

They'd take care of you real quick.
>>
>>982355

the law, and the contract can both have some sway, but GENERALLY landlords know better than to fuck with people that do drugs in their apartments. They shouldn't fuck with you about it.

As far as entering the apt, they need to schedule an appt and stick to that appt. If they are late, tell them they need to reschedule.

If your landlord is cool, just roll with it. 100% of landlords know that tons of people are smoking weed and doing coke in their apartments.
>>
>>982580
>100% of landlords know that tons of people are smoking weed and doing coke in their apartments.
This.

As long as you're not violent or derelict in paying rent or maintaining (not damaging) the property I don't think landlords give a shit what you do, so long as they aren't put in a bind legally by your actions.
>>
>>982385
"you'll have to call again, i'm not dressed properly"

nice next gen reference
>>
Just stay civil, call/mail to reschedule. Make arrangements and stick to them. Considering they were expected, and massively late , you're A-OK. No biggie, talk to you later, ta-ta. Most people don't care to know if you weren't decent afterwards.
>>
OP here, interesting feels in this thread. Mostly I was peeved that this person would go to the effort of specifying a time range they would enter during and then show up late and have the nerve to try to enter. My landlord told me specifically that they would never do this when I moved in. Land lord and lady are two different people btw. Disappointing when I'm otherwise a good tenant and pay on time every time. I guess they could evict me solely on the weed thing but it seems unlikely. This incident probably won me some points so I'll just leave it at that.

Further to this, it's the second time they've had to come in and haven't had their shit together to get this repair done, and they left their tools and a mess behind. Totally unprofessional. Amateur landlords are the worst.

More generally I'm sick of rich jew landlords acting like they're doing me a favor by renting to me.

And spare me the judgement because you guys do far more egregious shit than smoking a joint after work but it's okay because you do it with a smile and call it business :3
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.