[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

How accurate is this?
>>
>Forbes
>journalist

Not likely
>>
>>981546
Even if that's accurate - you could say the same thing about anyone who EVER received an inheritance in the 70s, 80s, or 90s.

Trump didn't just sit on his ass like a richkidofintagram or most politicians that spent their entire career in academia or the public sector.

Trump helped develop the skylines of multiple us/international cities, provided thousands of Americans with a middle/executive class lifestyle, top of the line golf courses errywhere, etc.
>>
>>981553
>Even if that's accurate - you could say the same thing about anyone who EVER received an inheritance in the 70s, 80s, or 90s.

Yes you could. But it would be odd to think that those same people would boast about their achievements when they're not actively doing anything with their money.

Trump, like most others, is deluded by his own myth of character and success.
>>
>>981546
It's funny, but not at all accurate. Trump's $1million gift from his dad in 1968, tracking the S&P500's gain of 7% average between then and 2015, with no additions or withdrawals, would multiply his wealth by 24x.

Multiplying your wealth x24 is amazing, but it would only put him at $24m. He's worth over 100 times that. The dude's an absolute prick but he's a successful prick.
>>
"Trump was born in New York City in 1946, the son of real estate tycoon Fred Trump. Fred Trump’s business success not only provided Donald Trump with a posh youth of private schools and economic security but eventually blessed him with an inheritance worth an estimated $40 million to $200 million".

http://www.alternet.org/story/156234/exposing_how_donald_trump_really_made_his_fortune%3A_inheritance_from_dad_and_the_government's_protection_mostly_did_the_trick
>>
>>981575
>implying Trump's father gave him all his money
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/09/03/if-donald-trump-followed-this-really-basic-advice-hed-be-a-lot-richer/

I'm surprised at all this shock and horror that people who inherited fortunes and could've invested it in the greatest bull market of all time actually under-performed the stock market with their own pursuits. Big money is much harder to manage and Buffet is one of the exceptions.
>>
>>981601
If this is true then he turned 1m into 100m in 10 years, from the loan in 1968 to his net worth in 1978
>>
File: 1421893623784.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1421893623784.png
138KB, 375x375px
>>981546
Friendly reminder that trump has never seen more then 200 million in his life. Hes just very good at making dumb people believe things. That's why he will be the next president.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/16/business/media/16trump.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/25/business/media/25trump.html?_r=0
>>
>>981546
We discussed this a few weeks ago. Basically the math was that he'd basically be about even, but would have to have never spent 1 cent of principle and interest.
Also I don't have the brokerage fees for 40 years so we can assume its slightly less.

He'd have been Market Poor. This guy spent over half his wealth on himself living the life he wants.
>>
>>981546
False. In 1974 he took over operations of his father's company.

He only inheritited 40M if I remember correctly when his father died in 1999.

Not even close, this meme is just damage control for libfags.
>>
>>981546
He's over 10 billion
>>
>>981553
>Even if that's accurate - you could say the same thing about anyone who EVER received an inheritance in the 70s, 80s, or 90s.

no, some of them beat the S&P.... so you can't say that about anyone
>>
>>981575
you're ignoring the inheritance...
>>
>>981654
Do you really think he's "seen" more than a few million? You think he has some scrooge mcduck-esq tank of money he swims in just for keks?
>>
>>981553
Sure, he could've sat on his ass but instead he did something, something pretty amazing, I agree.

But is he really the financial wizard he claims to be? Not really.
>>
>>981553
>Trump didn't just sit on his ass like a richkidofintagram or most politicians that spent their entire career in academia or the public sector.
>Trump helped develop the skylines of multiple us/international cities, provided thousands of Americans with a middle/executive class lifestyle, top of the line golf courses errywhere, etc

He thanks you for paying off his 2 x bankruptcy's via your federal income tax
>>
>>981546
That's about right. He's fucked up numerous times in his career and would have been better off just buying an index fund.
>>
>>981713
> each time I saw the intro to DuckTales as a kid I was half expecting him to slam his head and get a concussion but noooooope fucking hell if he didn't dive through that shit and spit out coins every. damn. time.
>>
After the first couple hundred million, money is no longer the object. After that, it's about power, adoration, and security. You need money to get those things, but money alone can't buy them. And you don't even need to spend your own money.
>>
>>981546
They're just mad that Trump called them out.
>>
>>981546
It's a neat little comparison to see how Trump has done relative to the market. All it does is show how important having a large sum of money initially to make billions. This is not new news. I wasn't aware anyone out there other than Trump himself thought he was a self-made man.
>>
>>981729
In the comics he offers to let someone try and that happens to him.

Money swimming is an art.
>>
>>981546
Trump is the ceiling and apparently has been since he inherited, but riches extend beyond pure cash value. Connections, security and intelligence are worth more than their $0.0 advertised price tag.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.