[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad customer service + guilt = humiliation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: money-back2-300x273.jpg (58KB, 300x273px) Image search: [Google]
money-back2-300x273.jpg
58KB, 300x273px
An employee of mine recently refused service to someone who didn't deserve not to be served. The person he refused works for another local business. I got a call from them telling me they'd be taking their business elsewhere from now on. I have since fired the person who refused service.

I asked them to come back to us but they said they would not. At that point, my behavior got a little strange. I offered to open a tab for him and his employees at the other coffee shop in our neighborhood, my only competitor. He said, "sounds fair." and that was that.

I contacted that coffee shop and asked them if we could have a tab which they said they didn't do. Then I talked to the owner, explained our situation, and he said he'd make an exception for us.

It's been a month, an expensive month. I felt so low about how we treated his employee that I made a strange, poor decision. But the fact that I'm paying the bill to our competitor is really the icing on the cake. We've had no relationship so far and now I have to go over there every day, even my day off, and pay for everything the business we lost bought. And because we don't control the tip, they go over board tipping sometimes 50 or 100%.

Do I deal with it like a man and stick to my offer or do I try to back out?
>>
Surely this is a joke, are you that retarded that you would offer such a deal?
>>
Are you the same idiot that posted about a somewhat similar decision that costed your coffee business quite a bit of cash? - a month or two ago?

Something about giving out free coffee
>>
>>980712
I think I was just embarrassed and felt a little scared of a lawsuit although now I know he couldn't file one.

>>980714
No, I did not.
>>
>>980717
Well, this sounds very similar.

Anyway, notify the other to parties that this deal will end on XX date. Then end it, on that date. Seems pretty simple, since you didn't specify that this would happen forever(I hope you're not that stupid, anyway) and you didn't specify an end date.
>>
>>980724
two* parties
>>
>>980706
Have you gotten any business out of your penance? If not, stop the deal.
>>
>>980724
I remember this too. Guy had a deal with a store. Bringing in a.receipt would get you a free coffee. We're not crazy
>>
File: 2015-11-17.png (352KB, 450x397px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-17.png
352KB, 450x397px
>>980706
back out you fking retard
>>
>>980706
Could you explain the initial cause of this fuckup in greater detail, mainly for our lolz.
>>
If you aren't getting anything out of it, dont do it. You aren't your fired employee, and if it doesn't look like he's going to help you or sign on anytime soon he's using you. If he isn't that much of a valued customer then dont do it, you dont need guilt
>>
>>980706
oh you again

>>980714
yeah he probably was, along with the recycle business and all the samey sounding stupid decision business.
>>
Guilt is the most important part of business.

If i didn't feel guilty to my customers id be ripping them off all the time and then id get nowhere fast. Nowhere fast at all.
>>
>>980706
Good decision OP. Im sure that you will get back what you have given out 10X over. The big man is upstairs watching. Its what these fucknuts here dont realise. Business is about giving away things for free and expecting nothing in return.
>>
>>981978
>Business is about giving away things for free and expecting nothing in return.

You've been reading WAAAAAY too many "online millionaire" style infoproducts shit breh.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.