[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Branding thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: brandnames.jpg (1MB, 1296x1296px) Image search: [Google]
brandnames.jpg
1MB, 1296x1296px
Never seen one of these before so here goes,

Thread about brands
When picking stocks, I think brand development is one of the most overlooked and intuitive aspects of investing

So who's growing their brand and who's coasting
>most powerful brands (hardmode: no blue chips)

>weakest brands (hardmode: specifically blue chips)

for keks
>best and worst ad campaigns
>>
>>979991
I'll try to stick to industries I've actually done in depth financial analysis on. Like I said, intuition usually prevails in these industries

Brands gaining momentum
>Nike
>UA
>Home Depot
Becoming the exclusive go-to store for contractors
>Amazon
>Yuengling
private company whatever
>>
>>980012
ew, gross formating

Weakening brands

Apple
>Terrible design and no innovation since jobs died, they survive entirely off the excitement of their next product and people are losing excitement
Facebook
Pepsi
>most people can't even recognize their new logo, when was the last time you bought a pepsi
McDonalds
>biggest branding flop of all time, they grossly over reacted to supersize me and the whole health craze
Taco Bell
>What are they even doing these days
Adidas/every other athletic clothing company, they're just handing market share to Nike and UA
Walmart
>Not handling online distributors' success well
Subway
>JUST
>>
>>979991
how are you measuring 'brand development' - it seems like a potentially interesting parameter to look at but you're not begin clear how you're quantifying it. It is something that ought to be quantified if you want to give it any serious weight - some subjective personal opinion of how well a brand is doing is likely to be unreliable.
>>
>>980016
>McDonalds
>>biggest branding flop of all time, they grossly over reacted to supersize me and the whole health craze
McD's should have just doubled down and offered a bigger size.
>>
>>980035
you can't quantify it, it's almost like an artistic vision for the company
You just have to use intuition and think about the public's perception of the company
>>
>>980035
>>980613
Like Home Depot and Lowes have been getting a lot of attention lately because of home sales
Some analysts are buying Home Depot others are buying Lowes

I did carpentry in high school and am still friends with carpenters and builders, and I know Lowes is perceived more and more as a home improvement store for homeowners and Home Depot is perceived more as legitimate industrial distribution center

So if I was investing in either one I would buy Home Depot because I'm willing to bet that they'll get more sales from contractors and professional builders who are spending the real money at their stores

Obviously you need to look at their financials, but if you're in a financial interview or working as an analyst and you include brand development you'll probably impress them
>>
>Growing
GoPro
Uber
Tesla
Netflix
Amazon
Starbucks

>Falling
Apple
Facebook
Yahoo
Wal-Mart
CVS
Chick-fil-A
>>
>>980642
Home depot is the biggest retailer after walmart. Of course they have that kind of capacity.
>>
>>980016
>Pepsi
Pepsi is making a lot of deals with restaurants lately. Several of them have switched from Coke. Idk why, but I've noticed.

>subway
Free publicity with the Jared scandal. They raised the prices on their sandwiches shortly after. They are doing quite well.

>McDonald's
Agreed. Trying to rebrand the whole franchise into a coffee shop. Burger King did the smart thing and bought Tim Hortons instead.
>>
>>980646
It's literally the same exact store as Lowes
>>
>>980694
meant for Satan
>>980666
>>
>>980689
I think Coke demands exclusivity, especially if you want to use their machines

But I asked, when was the last time YOU bought a pepsi

also Subway was just for keks, I don't know anything about them
>>
>>980704
Last time I bought a Pepsi was at subway, actually, since they just switched from selling Coke to Pepsi. Huge for both companies
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 1600x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 1600x316px
Will Nokia grow
>>
>>980704

I actually bought a Pepsi today.

>mfw I must be one of the few people on the planet who prefer Pepsi over Coke.
>>
>>980893
I do too
>>
>>980893
Pepsi and coke dominate different parts of the USA, you likely live where coke has control of the market.

Also coke is so much better I'm Brazil (and I think japan) due to their food laws. Same with fast food in japan, only real beef allowed in the burgers, fucking heaven in a bun.
>>
>>980992
*in Brazil

Autocorrect is a shallow whore
>>
>>980879
No
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.