[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

15 Days till fed decision? This is going to be my first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
15 Days till fed decision?

This is going to be my first time buying physical silver,

Which website is best to buy from?

I only know Apmex and ebay
>>
>fed decision
>implying it means anything at all

gold and silver are going to continue tanking m8. wait for the $10/oz level on silver and $900/oz on gold at a bare minimum. $9 and $850 respectively would be better. anything higher and you're wasting money on hype.

Apmex is okay. I've bought both gold and silver from them directly.

Ebay is a bad idea, unless it's from Apmex who also sells on Ebay. Otherwise you're rolling the dice on getting fakes.

I've been told about Provident Metals too by the owner of a local coin shop. No experience with them personally but their spread appears to be lower than Apmex.
>>
>>979791
Sheeit man

I want to get on the hype train though.

Gold is gonna go to 2,000 as soon as QE4 starts

The fed decisions means everything right now for the economy and silver
>>
>>979791
Also, Peter Schiff is telling me to buy it
>>
I buy mine from kitco
>>
>>979815
Dont forget Jim Rogers!! As much as I respect Schiff, he thought gold and silver were going to go to like $4000 and $200 and was pretty out of touch with the whole deal.
Jim rogers on the other hand has been %100 accurate. he said to buy at $8 and when it hit $35-$40 he was the first person to tell me its time to sell. on top of that he saw the correction coming because the price had gone up too fast just kept his cool during the whole thing. He told people not to buy over $20 when all the other people were saying buy all the way up to $50.
Well he came out recently and said the correction is almost over and its time to starting buying again very soon. My gut also agrees with him that its time to buy between $10 and $14.
>>
>>980055

Schiff is an ideologue and a salesman, that's what you need to understand about him. The reason why he was pushing gold and silver at those high prices is because he literally owns a precious metal dealer. He wanted people to buy.

That being said, $4000 and $200 is possible, but on what time scale? It could take decades.

If you have US dollars, wait for the $800-$900 level for Gold, and go in. Either buy physical, or buy LOW COST mining stocks. Highly leveraged, high production cost stocks are a no go for anything other than speculation. Buy the stable companies that have been around for 50 years.

The only reason why you'd buy Gold now is if you think the Federal Reserve won't be able to maintain an increase of interest rates. I think if they upped the interest rate too far, too quickly, the equity markets won't be able to cope and they'll tumble. The result in prompting more central bank intervention.

The $1 million dollar question you have to ask: is it going to result in inflation or deflation?
>>
Jmbullion has the best prices around. I've been buying from them for years now.
>>
>>979758
Please check out shiny jew rocks here

http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p
>>
>>980153
nice jew meme fag

are you chinese?
>>
>>980168
Fagit
>>
BIG NEWS ON INTEREST RATES!
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/economy-fed-janet-yellen-interest-rates-216272
>>
>>979813
>as soon as QE4 starts
>speculates on precious metals with no clue about current economic trends

The FEDs are ready to raise interest rates, saying that they will do more QE is exact the opposite of raising rates
>>
CAN YOU NOT FUCKING READ GOD DAMMIT I JUST TOLD YOU THE FED AREN'T RAISING RATES EVEN THO THEY SAID THEY MIGHT.
>>
>>980709
That is how to private bank calls the fed makes money for Rothschild, they blatantly lie and then scientifically devalue dollar and create crashes with bailouts

They will absolutely not raise rates right now before the election,

Once Hillary is in, then it will probably begin
>>
File: shemitah-real.png (1MB, 1366x2653px) Image search: [Google]
shemitah-real.png
1MB, 1366x2653px
>>980746
correct my friend
pic related
>>
>>980729
Did you even read the article in it's entirety?

It appears the fed is likely to raise rates. That's what it says.

You're retarded.
>>
>>980792
I dont know what you saw in that article but I saw Hillary telling us that rates aren't going up. Shes the commander and chief after all dont you know?
You must have only read the part about unemployment being at %5 and how Obama saved the economy.
Ill bet you $20 the rates don't go up and if they do they will come back down within a week.
>>
>>980851
Commander AND Chief? Wow. Why even try to be president when you can be commander and chief
>>
>>980857
Ive heard shes basically already been president for 8 years because obama just bowed down to her and bill on everything. Don't think yellen wont bow down too..
>>
More news today saying its too early to raise rates.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/feds-evans-says-december-interest-rate-hike-could-be-a-mistake-2015-12-01
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/12/01/why-its-still-too-early-for-the-fed-to-start-raising-interest-rates/
>>
>>980851

I read the part that matters:

>But none of these potential problems are likely to hold up the Fed, which is bordering on desperate to exit from its current emergency footing and to start the process before the 2016 election year begins.

I know, I know..

>b-but this and that and this is why the fed wont raise rates or will lower them again if they do

Spread all the FUD you want but buying precious metals at present is buying into a bull trap.
>>
>>980898
I agree with you that buying silver at $10 and gold under $900 would be better but I don't think its too high to start getting a little now.
Also I have been watching rare earth metals like ruthenium. Very undervalued IMO what do you?
>>
>>979758
I just bought 2 oz of gold from Schiffgold for $2223 yesterday. Premium was $39 each oz plus $15 shipping but I think it was worth it. JM bullion was selling the same bars of gold for $33 less but it was my first time buying and I wanted to speak with someone on the phone about it so I didn't mind paying extra. In the future I'll definitely buy from JM bullion.
>>
>>979758
You know why there is a massive selling of gold and silver? It's because it's going to be worthless very soon.
>>
>>980911

Sure you can buy on the way down. Like I said I own precious metals myself but let's be honest. There are only three reasons most people are buying physical precious metals right now.

1) It's a hobby

2) Adding to a well rounded long term portfolio

3) People treating PM's as if they are stocks ready to take off fueled by fantastic /pol/ tier FUD and/or paranoid doomsday currency crisis scenarios.

Which is funny because even if #3 were true and 'the time is now!' - deflation needs to hit first. That's when you buy. Sure as hell not now.. and especially when everyone else is doing it. The frequency of these threads appearing alone should be a indicator you should do the opposite.

>how about rare earth crystals? i heard they channel ron paul, baby jesus and power ufos
>>
>>980927
Why do you think this?
>>
>>980927
China is buying tons fagit, they know what is about to happen

Gold and silver are about to be worth a lot more
>>
Gainesvillecoins.com always have the lowest mark up. I only buy from them.
>>
File: Captain_2_Oz_RND_01_LRG.jpg (238KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
Captain_2_Oz_RND_01_LRG.jpg
238KB, 600x593px
Just bought pic related. Dare you to find a better looking coin
>>
i was thinking of buying a couple hundred dollars of silver every month for the next year then hold.
Do you not have a gold/silver dealer in your area?

question for everyone ITT what would be preventing someone to buy silver directly from a silver mine and then selling it on a website like ebay?
>>
>>981038
Well I look at it a different way too. Seeing how the fed is so involved with the economy, they wont let it go deflationary and let stocks fall. They will jump in and start printing money again because they would rather have modest inflation instead of deflation and we all know if they print money again silver will boom. Thats a lot of speculation but it makes sense to me.
And about the rare earth stuff. I like neat hard assets with little risk that are at all time lows. Why wouldn't you. I see all these people with millions of dollars in retirement, stocks, and dollars that don't own any silver or hard assets. If they would just put %1 into litecoins, silver, or land they would be protecting themselves. If the dollar ever loses its world reserve currency status all these millionaires I know would lose everything overnight.
>>
>>981135
Nothing

It's all about how reputable your mark is. I can recognize the US Silver Eagle. Will people recognize the Guy Fawkes Silver Penismouth? It's the difference between selling at a 20% premium and selling at spot
>>
Providentmetals.com free shipping over $99. Never had a problem with them. I pay via e-check.
>>
>>981149
how much do you know about this kind of thing?

how hard would it be to go buy a few thousand ounces from a silver mine and then ship it off to be molded then sent back to be sold?

Do you have to have dealers licsense for this?

Do mines have a minimum amount that they are willing to sell?

pretty much i have no idea about this but i was thinking of buying from a local silver dealer over time and then selling online to avoid the spot the dealer charges to buy the silver back
>>
>>980153
Hey friendo, I wanted to get the PBMA from this but I believe some of the .7zs are dead
>>
>i'm buying gold because Peter Schiff told me to

Jesus christ what the fuck is wrong with you people
>>
>>981174
whats wrong with holding a few thousand dollars of physical gold and silver?
i mean, if that really puts a dent in your wealth then i would understand why you wouldn't want to.
>>
>>980746
Funny how the political business cycle is a well-documented and intensely studied phenomenon and yet nobody in academia who studies it has ever noticed this vast conspiracy.
>>
>>979791
400/oz and below for gold, mate.
>>
>>981197
I think im going to even diversify into some art and maybe throw some money away on bitcoin
>>
>>981227
art-no
bitcoin-no

silver and gold are common currencys around the world. If lets say the dollar disapeared and no other country will except it, they will take the silver and gold instead. war could help extinguish paper money.
it's not really something to be trying to make money on to me, it's more of a just in case of emergency.
i rather invest most of money into real estate and then into to stocks.. something that has cash flow.

set fire to a million dollar painting and it is now worth zero dollars. set fire to a million dollars worth of silver or gold... and well.. you get the point.
>>
>>981238
Yea but I can send bitcoin all around the world, and it's a currency that can be exchanged with there currency when it gets there :). Can gold do that? How long will it take if it can?
>>
>>981257
it doesn't matter, if SHTF economys go into disaster stage people could turn to the bartering system for services or other valuable goods.

im not talking about putting my whole portfolio into gold and silver but it won't hurt to buy a few thousand dollars to hold for a lifetime, unless of course you don't have the financial means to do so.

If you are looking for a short term gain then no you shouldn't buy gold or silver.

If countrys start crashing satelites together and and communications and electronics go to shit, have fun holding a bunch of bitcoins.
>>
>>981257
>Their*
You know how I know most of you Bitcoiners are kids? I can spot you by your terrible grammar.
>>
>>980168
>meme
>>
>>981282
It's either buy guns or buy bitcoins, gold is useless...
>>
>>981108
That's a damn good looking coin.
>>
>>979791
If they hike interest rates then it will most certainly impact bonds. Especially junk bonds.
>>
>>981391
how do u sell your thousands of dollars worth of bitcoins if there is no internet to sell them on?
>>
>>981108
>>
>>981552

relative to what the thread is about; precious metals.

if the fed raise rates, PM's will continue to fall.

if the fed does not raise rates, PM's will continue to fall.
>>
>>982588
Na if they dont raise rates then PM will either stop falling or go up.
>>
>>981214
maybe in good boy points but the dollar has gone cray cray
>>
>>982561
Oy vey my great great great great great great long lost cousin died in the holocaust. Normally I'd take them off you because they are rightfully my property as someone of jewish descent but I will cut you a deal and buy them off you at the silver spot price.

This is non negotiable.
>>
>>979758
Depends on where you are living and how the market there is.
I would investigate what is most interesting for you: Junk silver, bullion or numismatic.

I self only buy Junk silver because it is cheap as fuck and Numismatic silver because it gives more interest over time. It just depends what is most interesting for you.
>>
File: goldlol.png (18KB, 630x378px) Image search: [Google]
goldlol.png
18KB, 630x378px
>>979758
>>
JM bullion has these beautiful silver ouncer for 16 dollars also collect old silver dollars theyll make ya rich
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.