[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where are the dumbest markets to buy property in now? Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (182KB, 969x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 969x1024px
Where are the dumbest markets to buy property in now? Why?
>>
It's the slow season for real estate speaking of property.
>>
>>979436
When is fast season?
>>
>>979432
Detroit
>>
>>979503
Correct
>>
>>979432

>bay area
>LA
>manhattan/long island
>denver
>paris
>london
>>
>>979432
Syria
>>
>>979432
Sydney.
>>
>>979442
summer. more people move then because of schooling
>>979432
i'd say san fran, because when that bubble hits' there'll be some MAAAAD chinks
>>
>>979561
>bay area
>>979567
>san fran

Nailed it.
>>
>>979604
What abotu Alameida island?
>>
>>979432
Metropolitan suburbs going for more than $150,000 an acre.
>>
Australia.
>>
Basically anywhere upscale. The upcoming generation is not a wealthy one, nor a particularly materialistic one. Instead focus on getting cheap properties, ideally semi-rural, and develop them for resale in a decade or two. Urban properties can be profitable, especially those right on or in front of the forward edge of a gentrification wave, but there's more risk involved and the trendier the city the worse it gets.
>>
Property in Cleveland is really cheap.
>>
File: us navy map of future america.jpg (30KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
us navy map of future america.jpg
30KB, 500x308px
>>979432
anywhere blue
>>
>>979432
Greater Vancouver, Greater Toronto, Calgary and/or Edmonton... the first two are priced 'world class' for shitty canadian cities and the last two... well the only reason people live in Alberta is Oil.. which is now worthless.
>>
>>979669
>>979563
Whats the go with Australias housing Market at the moment?
>>
>>979678
>profitable, especially those right on or in
Yea everything is smartphones no one goes out that much anymore, its mostly social climbers that go out temporarily for selfies etc.
>>
>>979432
No housing market at all, that bubble is fucked.
>>
>>979687
Holy shit, America would be god-tier without the blue shit.
>>
>>979780
The people will go inland to where you live. Too bad that map is wrong.
>>
>>979731
Populuation + Government backed construction ponzi for the last decade. End of mining investment boom, end of automobile industry completely - Holden (GM), Toyota, etc all to finish up in 2017 thus unemployment will rise. The people working in mining are highly leveraged and housing is already dieing on the west coast with a 6% reduction in prices last qtr + over 10,000 rental properties on the market. Private CAPEX in general is dropping off. Completed dwellings and approved dwellings at record highs whilst immigration is dropping off. Government has today tightened the restrictions on foreign ownership which was also propping up the real estate bubble. Private debt vs GDP is x2. No real industry to speak of.

I could go on.
>>
>>979881
Interesting
I'm selling my property in in Eastern vic for around 1 mil as its a 1/4 acre in the middle of the suburbs.
Its gonna get stuffed with Apartments, and I'm looking for a cheaper home in the hills for less than half the price, but similar in size.

I've only just recently taken an interest to economics in general, I just wonder if this is the right time to sell and move or not.
Either way, I'm strapped for time and gotta kick it soon.
>>
>>979784
filename clues us into the fact that it's a map of the US with rising sea waters. Not that it's any of my business.
>>
Toronto or Vancouver.

Commonly agreed to be some of the most inflated places in the world to buy homes, and completely unjustifiably.
>>
>>979941
That's how I know it's wrong. It has the sea climbing up the fucking Rockies in Colorado, meanwhile the east coast and great plains are almost totally fine. Compare that shit to an elevation map of the US.
>>
>>979923
Id sell right away. Rent or move back home for a year then prosper the fuck when it goes to shit.
It is hard in this country to say anything bad about housing because we have dodged recessions for twenny years...do you really think the labour government had such rock solid policies the rest of the world could only dream of having during the gfc? We got lucky on mining bucks and the country is about to go the same way as the over leveredge bogans out West.

macrobusiness.com.au is good if you sign up and want to get educated. Find some other blogs to read so you can form your own opinion too.
>>
>>979964
Well its my family thats moving, and by extension I'm moving with them.

My folks aren't the most business savvy, so I've had to do most of the footwork on their behalf.
Most houses don't sell for under half a mil at the moment. If they are advertised as such, theyre either two bedroom houses, tiny as fuck, or end up getting sold for an extra 100k because of all the offers.

Cheers for the link.
My folks need muscle around the house, so I don't imagine us moving again any time after for a long while.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 540x1180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 540x1180px
>>979881
Actually.
Australia has allows had ponzu schemes with property. It's a boom and bust asset cycle not a consumption basis.
Yet where this time is different is the types of property.
In the past we've had weatherboard, BV dwellings or 6pack flats.
Our new high density and medium density dwellings are untested economically.
In the past if hard times hit you'd go without painting the weatherboard for a decade.
The flats had stairs and not much glass.
The mission brown bricks never needed any maintence.
These new high rise and medium density luxury apartments with all glass facades and lifts and swimming pools on the roof and underground multilevel parking, this is what's going to cause the real problems as all of it needs continual cash input for upkeep and maintenance.
If you want to know what's going to happen to these in future look at the Gold Coast, some areas high rises turn into literal ghettos because the management Corp fees were so ridiculously high.
Owning a simple home in Australia in the next few years will be a smart asset. Owning anything inner cityish filled with luxuries will bleed you- Perth shows this.
>>
Sydney
>>
>>979731
Australia is basically a city-state at this point.
>>
>>979731

Sydney is starting to level-out after a huge surge in property prices and an increase in the size of the +$1m market.

Melbourne is still overpriced to the shithouse in the first three rings of suburbs, but ordinary buyers could still get into some inner western suburbs if they're willing to wait 10 years for appreciation.

WA and SA are both buyer's markets at the moment.

No idea about QLD, NT, or TAS.
>>
>>980078
Tasmania has 25%+ vacancy rates in some suburbs and jumps between positive and negative growth most years.
>>
>>979687
So basically anywhere nice
>>
USA because the houses are made of cardboard and regularly get blown away by a bit of wind, if they survive the annual flooding. Not to mention niggers and American trash reside in them who don't understand the concept of maintenance.
>>
>>979780
No grand canyon.....
>>
>>979604

This image is fucking retarded. The "housing bubble" was because of bad loans. Had nothing to do with the average home sale price.
>>
Ludlow, South Dakota.
Thompson Springs, Utah

Good luck selling property there.
>>
>>979432
Europe unless you're a muslim
>>
>>981529
I found out Norway handed a few castles to Nigerian refugees and laughed a bit. Then I found out it wasn't temporary, it was a permanent gift to the people that are raising their crime rate.

I will never understand these keks.
>>
>>979687
>Portsmouth is cut out of NH
Come on man that's like the best thing we have going for us
>>
>>981545
Nashua looks like your best bet for gentrification atm.
>>
>>979881
So Aussie chicks are soon to be cheap whores and mail order sluts? Hilarious.
>>
>>980046
With family in Perth and on the Gold Coast having these exact problems while I live in a modest house in VIC Metro that needs almost no maintenance I can attest to this.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.