[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business Idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: pizza cone.jpg (224KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
pizza cone.jpg
224KB, 1500x1500px
How do you get motivated? What do you do every morning that gets you ready to shove your dick into anything, and just impregnate the shit out of it, to make a baby that will bring you income?

I have an idea for a business, and I'm about to share it with you, and I need your help on how to actually start. So my idea is basically selling pizza, but like, instead of pizza slices, I want to sell pizza cones. So you know how they have those little cone paper cups for water? I was thinking of making pizzas, shaping each slice into a cone, and then putting it into that cup, and selling it. Basically I'm redefining how pizza is sold, instead of slices on a plate, its sold in a cone cup, aka Pizza Cone. Or just cook the pizza itself, in cone shapes. That could work too.

This has been done in Asia, and I'm sure some speciality restaurants carry it, but it hasn't gone to mass market for mass consumer consumption, and I'm not sure why, I think it's one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of things, but I'm not fixing it, I'm innovating upon it. It's just like how Panzerottis came into existence basically, a spin on the way pizza is served/presented.

I think my first step would probably be market research, and LOTS of it, so I was thinking to start researching on a few university campuses near me, and see what students think of it. Then rent a food truck and start selling out of that for a few weeks to gauge interest, then after that I should be able to open a store front in a strategic location, close to the university students, so they can hop by on their lunch breaks or something.

What do you guys think of it though? It's nothing new or inventive, but its just new to my city I guess, and my country, since North America doesn't really have this yet.
>>
You should just jump in. You want to do some preliminary market research? Take 20 of them down to your college campus and see how many you can sell for 5 bucks apiece.
>>
>>975997

I was gonna charge $2 for one....

You think people will lay $5? If its like a big cone, like 5 inches high, and a diameter of 3 inches?
>>
>>975993
fuck that looks delicious
how do you make them, and wtf is the thing in the bottom right?

id buy some OP, gl.
>>
>>976015

The thing on the bottom right is to mash the dough together to make the cone so all the cheese doesn't melt out, look at the right of the cone, it has the same brittle pattern
>>
>>975993
>>976010
Way too involved. Make the cones somewhere around $4 and smaller. It needs to be edible with one hand and not too messy.

It's also laughably naïve to think that you're going to have a lunch rush. This is 1am regrettable after-bar food. You have one of the most health conscious (But ironically drunkest) markets in the world; most students are not going to buy this sober. They will buy it drunk. Look at every successful college town restaurant that sells high calorie foods. They cater to this niche for good reason.
>>
Do it OP.

This could be good and you have the right plan!
>>
>>976010
People will pay way more than $2, and that's just for the novelty
>>
>>976048

Interesting, never thought about that, I could open a bar instead then, pizza alcohol sounds perfect

>>976050

Thanks for the vote of confidence

>>976058

Interesting, I thought people wouldn't do it, I guess I could market it as upscale-ish, and charge more. Maybe a full pizza, in a cone holder or bowl, and charge like $20 for one even, if I ever wanted to try something else to see what sticks
>>
There is a food truck group in Austin called Mighty Cone. They sell all sorts of shit in a cone and pizza too I think. You could look into them for more ideas, sizing and pricing
>>
>>976061
>Interesting, never thought about that, I could open a bar instead then, pizza alcohol sounds perfect
If you never thought about college kids drinking and want them to be your business's prime demo, I suggest you quit while you're ahead. Not saying this to be a dick, but you have no idea what you're trying to cater to.

And opening a bar in a college town is a whole different ball game.
>>
>>976061
20$ would be too much, both with regards to easily eating it or sharing it, and with regards to the amount of people who would go lolwhynot just for the novelty.
>>
>to make a baby that will bring you income

Not sure where you're getting this from, OP. My young child costs about $800/mo in expenses and is about as much work as another full-time job.
>>
>>976010
If you can sell them for college football games, I'm sure you'd make a tidy little profit. Hell, get creative and somehow incorporate the teams logo in some way. America's get stupid competitive when it comes to being competitive and consuming. Though getting the okay to sell food at a college sporting event might have its own headaches and hassles.

If you're not from America, advice may still stand. I've seen some pretty wild on European football games.
>>
>>976048
>niche
Pizza is not niche. Even the health conscious like pizza occasionally.
>>
>>976372
>My young child costs about $800/mo in expenses and is about as much work as another full-time job.
You should have made better life choices....
>>
>>975993
In my town, selling this in a food cart would make bank. Anyway, I would pay $5 if it's like a solid pizza inside the cone. If it's just a pizza wrapped around with no filling then $3.50. Sell drinks to max your profit and have different kinds of pizzas. Get a square for credit cards. How much money do you have for startup costs?
>>
>>976061
>>976359

I agree. Too much. People would know you're ripping them off
>>
>>976456

I can afford it and it was a deliberate decision; it costs money to have a family. I'm confused as to where having a family generates income.
>>
>>975993
What region do you live in? If you need a connection in the midwest give me a throwaway email where I can reach you.
>>
>>976498
Slave labour after a couple of years.
>>
>>976490

$20,000 - $30,000 of my own money with my families money
>>
Hey faggit op: it's called a calzone. Not sure why you look to Chan for biz or food advice ..... Why not figure out how to make a great Neapolitan pie instead of a shit cheese cone?
>>
>>975993
I first had one of these in Paris about 6/7 years ago, I've eaten them only for the novelty - but seen them sold on the street in many countries in Europe and either new york/miami recently

Go for it, it seems like a good business, but only for the novelty
>>
>>975993
We had that in my town in Brazil.
It didn't even become a fad, the place that sold them quickly went out of business, I tried them once, the top is hot as shit and will burn your mouth, and by the time you can actually get a bite out of it, the bottom will be cold, they are a bitch to eat.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.