[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to drop-ship Canon 6Ds (and other DSLRs) on eBay. Convince

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1200.jpg (201KB, 1210x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
201KB, 1210x1104px
I want to drop-ship Canon 6Ds (and other DSLRs) on eBay.

Convince me not to, /biz/.
>>
File: put some windex on it.jpg (19KB, 350x228px) Image search: [Google]
put some windex on it.jpg
19KB, 350x228px
>>974907
>>974956
>>
>>974907
All it takes is a few people saying they did not received the package to ruin your day.

It's ebay. and Canon aren't cheap.
Good luck
>>
No margins.
>>
Where would you get your DSLRs from?
>>
>>975075
This is my biggest concern.
>>975551
I've found some cameras that have between $300 and $500 margins.
>>975582
I work for a videography company, so I know where they get all their cameras.
>>
>>975747
Why wouldn't you just create your own ecommerce site / use shopify instead of ebay? You save yourself the fees and getting fucked by ebay's anti seller policies.
>>
>>975754
I'll look into shopify, thanks.
I'm mostly following guides that start you off with eBay, and then transition you to running your own site (for the exact reason you stated), but maybe going straight to an independent site might work.
>>
>>975757
I'd recommend it, this way you're completely in control without having to pay ~14% in fees for every sale. eBay sides with buyers 99.99% of the time so like >>975075 said if anybody scams you you're shit out of luck

Look into wordpress + woocommerce if you need a free option to test with
>>
>>975747
How did you find such large margins?
>>
>>975766
made a list of cameras that sold for over $1000, got their prices on eBay and their prices from a warehouse and did the math for each of 'em.
Still not guaranteeing that margin, I haven't sold anything yet, but it's there.
>>
>>974907
High end electronics are the biggest liability on eBay, your going to have a very high rate of refund for bogus reasons.
So if your making $50 on each unit but shelling out $500 each to drop ship them, one refund would forgo the profit from 10 sales.
Plus even if you do make small profit, its not going to last for very long.

Start by dropshipping something less expensive or in a different category, not high end electronics. After a while you can move up if you think its worth it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.