[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acorns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Acorns.jpg (82KB, 948x520px) Image search: [Google]
Acorns.jpg
82KB, 948x520px
Hello /biz/,

I read online a little bit about this app and I was wondering if it was up to snuff. What makes this different than just investing through my work's 401k? Since you guys are pretty savvy, I thought that I could use your insight.
>>
>>974405
Tell us more about it
>>
>>974469

Basically, according to the website, you put some money towards them kinda often and then they take your money and invest it for you in what I would presume is mutual funds and then you get a return. Of course, the longer you stay with it, the better off you'll be.

https://www.acorns.com/

That's the website there and if I'm wrong, that's the conclusion that I came to from reading the site.
>>
Holy shit this whole thread is an ad.
>>
>>974544

I'm not advocating for anyone to use it, I just wanted to know if anyone had used it before. If you have, is it worth it and if not, then you can wait to see if someone knows what the catch is.
>>
>>974405
Fuck off shill
>>
>>974405
I use it. They monitor your checking account, round up to the nearest dollar and take that change and invest it. So if you pay $12.50 for something, it rounds up to $13 and $. 50 goes into the investment. You can add money whenever you like
>>
i've heard of this before but never used it
>>
>>974557

So how good is it overall? Any drawbacks that they don't mention?
>>
>>974665
Not really, they just invest it. You pick how aggressive and how much. It won't let me screenshot anything as its blocked for some reason on Android. I only have like $150 in it but whatever
>>
It's fine. You aren't going to make much money because you aren't putting much money in. It seems best for getting people interesting in the markets and investing in general, which is nice. If you want to make actual money in the markets -- even just via mutual funds -- take your money to a broker.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.