[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, /biz/. I'm 20 years old, USA. I work a full-time,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 8

File: FB_IMG_1443090548208.jpg (58KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1443090548208.jpg
58KB, 640x640px
Alright, /biz/.
I'm 20 years old, USA. I work a full-time, minimum wage (9.45/hour) job as a cashier.
I want to be a millionaire by 27.
I have roughly $200 invested in BTC/altcoins, which I have been learning how to trade over the past few months.
No other investments.

How do I go about making my first million in 7 years?
>>
>>972511
1 get lucky
2 take advantage of luck
3 act like it was all you and look down upon us peasants
>>
>>972514
There has to be an actual way though.
>>
>>972516
Get a sales commission job. Devote your life to being a salesman. Save 70% of your income for investments
>>
>>972516
not to be a dick, but I'm 27, and I have basically 0 dollars- everyone else my age is the same, and we all thought we'd be millionaires when we were 20.... The rich get rich dude... There are ways to go up a bit or down a bit, but climbing the ladder isn't so easy unless you're a prostitute or drug dealer.
>>
>>972517
Been rejected by every car dealership and furniture sales place around. All have said I don't seem aggressive enough.
>>
>>972520
they don't want to give a job to a 20 year old because nobody will take you seriously... At least, that's been my experience.
>>
>>972520
How do you expect to be a millionaire? By being flaccid?
>>
>>972519
>I'm 27, and I have basically 0 dollars- everyone else my age is the same, and we all thought we'd be millionaires when we were 20
>The rich get rich dude

More like the smart get rich.

What the fuck is your job and what do you spend your money on where you have nothing at all?

By 27 you should have been working 4-5 years already after University, you should be debt free and have at least $X0,000
>>
>>972519
I want to do things as socially acceptable as possible. But honestly, given the opportunity, I would get involved in something like organized crime if the payout was right.
>>
>>972516
Without a huge amount of luck (you still need luck to locate the viable employment in your area), all you can do is focus on a sales job with heavy commission and devout your life to it. And don't do some shitty knife selling business, I'm talking selling things people actually buy. Once you've sold enough and gotten a decent resume you can move to B2B sales and make the real money. You MIGHT make it by 27 if you follow these steps.

Me? I make 80k at 26 and I will absolutely not be a millionaire by 27, yet I'm still better off than literally any millennial I know outside my work.
>>
>>972511
>I'm 20 years old, USA. I work a full-time, minimum wage (9.45/hour) job as a cashier.
>I want to be a millionaire by 27.

What is your major?

i do not think you will become a millionaire.

You are earning $18.9k right now, if you worked for 7 years without spending a single shekel you would have $132k.
>>
>>972526
Fuck, 80k a year isn't bad at 26 though.
>>
>>972529
Physical Training and Exercise Science. I have 3 years til I get my bachelor's.
>>
File: n0yyhdN7sf1qk3ggq.jpg (49KB, 300x750px) Image search: [Google]
n0yyhdN7sf1qk3ggq.jpg
49KB, 300x750px
>>972524
>mfw I meet anon's criteria
>>
>>972529
>>972532
But that's more of a hobby profession, I got a free ride to college for it because of my SAT scores and some other stupid shit. I don't put much faith in school degrees
>>
>>972532
>Physical Training and Exercise Science

WHY?

What job are you planning on getting after? Personal Trainer at a gym? Because that pays a pitiful amount and isn't anywhere near full-time hours.

I think you set your sights a little too high. What are you currently doing to become a millionaire?
>>
>>972524
well, I've worked my whole life to pay for rent, insurance, and food. What i've saved I've spend on school- I'm about to finally graduate from online school (more expensive but I had to work full time) so hopefully I'll be able to save. fuck you, you entitled piece of shit.
>>
>>972532
Ah, you're fucked then. You'd need to make 400k salary (before taxes) immediately after graduation in order to be a millionaire by 27.

Your only hopes are lottery or convincing some hollywood star that you're the best trainer around, and then use that connection to train multiple stars at a time.
>>
>>972536
Like I said, I'm trading small amounts on Cryptocurrency. I want to start investing more, the family accountant suggested j start learning how to day trade stocks and manage my own multiple IRA's, so I've been looking into that more than anything. But I want to see if there's anything else I should consider. I'm open to doing anything, I don't easily burn out on hard work as long as it pays off.
>>
>>972537
>well, I've worked my whole life to pay for rent, insurance, and food. What i've saved I've spend on school- I'm about to finally graduate from online school

Graduating at 27? What the fuck?

>fuck you, you entitled piece of shit

What am I acting entitled to? I think your terrible degree failed you because you're using words that don't even make sense in this context.
>>
>>972538
I do have a 3rd degree black belt in TKD, and have considered branching out into MMA training in order to land spots in action films. I don't have the connections for that where I'm at, though. Spokane is pretty devoid of any agents outside of the theatre world.
>>
>>972541

FYI, that guy isn't me.
>>
>>972539
>family accountant

NOW we're talking. How rich are your parents, anon? What fields do they work in?
>>
>>972539
>Like I said, I'm trading small amounts on Cryptocurrency

That's not going to make you rich.

>the family accountant suggested j start learning how to day trade stocks and manage my own multiple IRA's

You need like $40k in order to make any actual money from daytrading. Otherwise either the fees will eat up any of your profits or you'll be making a pitiful amount that isn't worth bothering with after fees.
>>
>>972546
My parents aren't rich. My grandmother is. My dumbass dad dropped out of law school to peruse some dream of becoming an actor. He's now 56 and gets occasional background work because he was never focused on his goals. My grandmother has around 3.8m net. Most of her estate is going to my dad, who is probably going to fuck it up by the time I even think about an inheritance. So I wanna build my own estate rather than hope my dad somehow doesn't screw things uo.
>>
>>972550
lol yea you'll be fine.
>>
>>972547
I've been watching some of these guys making thousands at a time from investments of less than half a bitcoin (currently $335 USD per coin).
Granted, they have larger portfolios, I can still get there, no?
>>
>>972550
Absolutely perfect. Unlike the vast majority of the world, you actually have money coming your way. You will absolutely fail, as you're just like your father and pursuing a degree and hobby that makes no money and even admit to not being devoted to either trade.

But that's okay! Somebody who shares your bloodline did the right thing, so eventually it will work out for you.
>>
>>972551
No, I don't think I will. Not only is my grandmother skeptical about leaving anything to my dad, she's also PURPOSEFULLY letting him eat the taxes on inheritance so he has less to fuck up. He's really irresponsible. Bankrupted his diving business in FL and had to sell out for less than he invested. Now it's totally thriving under a friend of his. He lives in my grandmother's house with my sister and her husband (both 28). They're all 3 s bunch of fuck ups.
>>
>>972511
Everyone has the capacity to become a millionaire regardless of income. Very few people become millionaires from their income alone. It has everything to do with the expense of your lifestyle, rate of savings and when you start investing in your future(now).

School won't make you a millionaire in seven years. Ask yourself everyday what your going to do today to get where you want tomorrow. The only goal is to be better than you were yesterday.

I'm 25 make 100k+ selling door to door, cheap as fuck except for club chronic, save 70% of my income for investments. I'll be a millionaire easy in 10 years and that's at my current level. The more I master my craft the faster it will come.
>>
>>972553
Yeah you've got to be a troll if you think you can become a millionaire from bitcoins.

Cya and good luck
>>
>>972560
>The more I master my craft the faster it will come.
There's a pill for that.
>>
>>972557
Here's the thing. I never established what I really wanted to do, because I just want to make a shit load of money and retire as early as possible. Nothing I've seen from school has shown that I can do it that way, so I'm trying to find something more worth my time. I would literally drop everything and peruse whatever was necessary to get me there. I'm not picky about my work, I don't give a fuck about "Doing what you love" at this point. I juse want to make shit happen so I don't end up like the rest of my family.
>>
>>972562
Tree for me, no pills
>>
>>972561
Not a millionaire from bitcoins. But that's a good way to start building a base to invest elsewhere.
>>
>>972547
>You need like $40k in order to make any actual money from daytrading
More like $70K.
But i salute you for being one of the few rational ones on here who don't think you can do it with 8 shares of "National Bank of Greece" and a Robin Hood account.
>>
I love these threads it's always a bunch of ppl asking what op is doing and then immediately telling them why he's gonna fail, advice on the other hand is really fucking scarce.
>>
>>972564
don't you have anything you want to do as much as you want money?
>>
>>972566
What are you, stupid? Bitcoin is all luck. Every single bit of it, unless you are a whale with enough BTC to influence the market. I hope you enjoy losing money. Most people like you do.
>>
>>972590
>I love these threads it's always a bunch of ppl asking what op is doing and then immediately telling them why he's gonna fail, advice on the other hand is really fucking scarce

Because it's either troll threads or someone asking ambiguous questions with too high targets, like this thread.

>Hi guys I'm 20 studying something entirely useless, I make $5/hr and I want to be a billionaire in 5 years. I also bought 5 shares of some meme stock/.0445 of a bitcoin, what do I do next?
>>
>>972599
They never seem to want the truth, though.
Like how much you need to live "comfortably" off interest on savings.
>>
>>972601
Nobody posting ambiguous questions wants the truth, or will become successful in whatever they're asking.

Same with those people who ask "What is the best programming language to learn to get a job", they don't want to study computing and actually learn how things work, why they work and as a side-effect earn a lot of money. They just want the job without any of the responsibilities or knowledge associated with it.
>>
>>972606
You're telling me.
I'm a trader, and people can't get enough of asking me for stock tips.
Like you say, they don't want to learn anything.
It's all just in the service of getting something for nothing.
>>
>>972615
>I'm a trader, and people can't get enough of asking me for stock tips

I like to tell them the most retarded shit and see what they'll actually believe. But then I'll throw actual good advice in the midst and see them not pick up on it.
>>
>>972634
>tell them the most retarded shit
In these threads, I don't even bother.
I do try to clue people in to what a joke Robin Hood is, but that shit is swimming against the tide.
>>
What happened to tumblr dogs coins? I only made 250k from bitcoins but I dont hear about dogs coins these days. Much dogs. So wow.
>>
>>972648
You only made a quarter of a million dollars off of Bitcoin? How did you manage to screw up so badly? I made 1.5 million without even batting an eye.
>>
>>972663
I only invested 40 bucks. I was also late in the game. My brothers friends aunt invested one dollar at the beginning and now eats lunch with her fellow financial peers like bill gates.
>>
>>972671
I only invested $2 dollars. My brothers barber invested 8 cents and now he cuts Obamas hair.
>>
File: Tasty.jpg (8KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
Tasty.jpg
8KB, 324x324px
>>
>20 years on this fucking planet
>still working as a cashier
>making minimum wage

Yeah you're a complete fucking loser who will never amount to anything. I'm being 100% sincere.
>>
>>972681
>Yeah you're a complete fucking loser who will never amount to anything. I'm being 100% sincere

This. Jeez it took that long for someone else to agree with me here. >>972519
Is even worse though. I love how he tells himself "everyone his age" is like that to make himself feel better.
>>
>>972686
>thought we'd be millionaires when we were 20
Gotta say, even at my most rolling on the ground fucked up, I never believed this.
>>
I know this kid who claims to have $150,00 and he's only 17. Should I believe him?
>>
>>972511
EDURR HOW DO I DO THE MILLION DOLLARZ???? HURRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>972698
You should ask him how and when he earned it and then poke holes in his story
>>
>>972522

There are plenty of places that have young sales reps

Electronic and clothing retailers for instance. He might even be getting too old for some of those places.

All kinds of phone marketing firms use young reps as well.

There is always a way, anon.
>>
>>972511
suck dicks
>>
Your odds of becoming a millionaire by 27 are very low, but your best bet would probably be to get involved in a startup company with a very promising product and get equity (stock and/or options) as part of your compensation. Most of the time with startups, they tank and the equity becomes worthless, but then at least you have the job experience and can jump to another startup. This is a longshot strategy, but so is anything else where you're trying to become a millionaire in 7 years with basically nothing.

A more realistic goal might be to be a millionaire by 35-40 which can be done by focusing your education on getting you to a relatively high paying career and then saving very aggressively and making smart investments.
>>
Sounds pretty feasible OPie. Just maintain a 237.6% annualized return on your current $200 in assets and you'll have a million dollars in 7 years.

So, just to make sure you're on schedule so far... Have you made AT LEAST 8% in the last day?
>>
>>972524
I'm 27 and just finished my PhD. I have -120000$
>>
>>973662
As long as you got your PhD in math, don't worry.
I hear it's
>300k starting
>>
"This is what success looks like. You'll see. After a while you start to measure it by the size of the pile of destruction around you."
>>
>>972601
Ok give me the truth, tell me the advice that no one wants to hear bc i will.
>>
The only way you'll get there is by being the inventor or early investor in an extremely successful product, or if you play the stock market like a fiddle.

Bitcoin was everyone's ticket to being a millionaire. The average person on 4chan knew more about bitcoin earlier than the mainstream, but most of us (me included) didn't invest when it was worth $1.

For example, if you invested $100 when bitcoin was $1, you'd have $120,000 at the peak. If you invested $1000, you'd have $1,000,000

What that taught me about was opportunity cost. I'm skeptical about the ultimate utility of bitcoins, then as I am now, but at the same time I can see that they can be an excellent investment just because of their potential returns. Just not at these entry levels.

The same type of thinking can be applied to stocks, but I'm skeptical about my own ability to pick a singular, newly listed stock that is going to exponentially rise. The best thing you can do is figure out what stocks are undervalued based upon historical prices and invest when the stock is low.
>>
>>973739
Thats true but nowadays "once in a lifetime" opportunities seem to happen every 4 years.

Keep your eyes open
>>
>>972601

>Like how much you need to live "comfortably" off interest on savings.

That depends on the rate of interest. Even with $1,000,000 sitting in your bank earning 1% interest per year, you're still making below minimum wage. Things start to get easier at 2%, 3%, 4% and so though.
>>
>>973748

Well exactly, but you need to be smart enough to have the required money to invest when that once in a lifetime thing comes along.

And even more so, you need to be smart enough to not buy in all at once and spread your investment around to decrease the risks.
>>
File: Patrick_giggle.gif (407KB, 330x267px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick_giggle.gif
407KB, 330x267px
>>972511
>>972516

>mfw I have a solution for your problem but I'm not inclined to share it
>>
>>973703
Well, a million may make you $40K a year, that's being conservative. That's the ugly truth about savings.
As far as trading goes, the dirty secret is that, if you had the amount of money you'd need to make your odds decent at succeeding, you'd probably decide to keep it.
>>
>>973898
Thank you for this very helpful post
>>
Suck 79 dicks a day for $5 each
And you should make ~$1,009,000 in 7*365 days
>>
>>972565
Can I ask more about your experience/what you've done to get where you are now? You can use broad strokes
>>
File: n725075089_288918_2774.jpg (42KB, 600x669px) Image search: [Google]
n725075089_288918_2774.jpg
42KB, 600x669px
>>972539
>manage my own multiple IRA's
I see...
>>
>>972511

seventh root of 5000 cap multiple = 3.38
lets say tax rate low 15%
Inflation at low 2%
405% Average annual return

good luck bro.

you're gonna need leverage on leverage.
>>
>>972511
Stop being on 4chan, don't ask, DO, and use your brain and your brawn.
>>
>>972511
Marry a Doctor.
>>
File: monero.png (23KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
monero.png
23KB, 615x615px
>>972511

you won't find the answer on 4chan, but if you own Monero you have at least a remote chance of being well-off in the next years.
>>
>>972511
You don't want to be a millionaire, you want to spend a million dollars.
>>
>>972564

>Nothing I've seen from school has shown that I can do it that way
> I'm not picky about my work, I don't give a fuck about "Doing what you love" at this point.

You're wrong about school. If you really are as motivated and driven to make money at all costs as you say, you can pick a degree with the highest guaranteed exit income and just work like a dog for about 10 years. You'll have your millions, you can retire at 40 if you want.

But I don't think you will do that because otherwise you would already be doing it. Sitting on /biz/ looking for get rich quick schemes will not help you
>>
>>974195

It's just another shitty altcoin that will be lost like a drop in the ocean of the hundreds of other shitty altcoins.
>>
>>972644
care to explain? I don't know much about it but it seems like a good idea
>>
>>972511
Dont listen to these people telling you getting rich cant be done. Aquire assets and limit your liabilities. Hustle and grind if you have to. No such thing as a fixed income.
>>
>>974216
RH?
It depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
If you just want to use the market to gamble pennies, have at it.
Real traders would never use it though, as the options we depend on are unavailable through it.
>>
>>972562
spell it out for me, which drug are you suggesting?
>>
>>972511
You won't be a millionaire by 27, but by late thirties is doable with the right investments. Max out that IRA, then just autistically obsess over stocks.
>>
What alt coins are you in to right now?
>>
>>974018
Sure ask away
>>
File: 1324896606812674376.jpg (36KB, 636x323px) Image search: [Google]
1324896606812674376.jpg
36KB, 636x323px
Don't count on investments to get you rich.

The best way to get rich is to create something original and of value. Vague, but true. "What valuable company is no one building?" - Peter Thiel

What concrete skill set do you have to create something valuable? If you have an idea and you're confident in it, you're better off funneling the money you'd use to invest into hiring people with the technical skills necessary to build pieces of what you need.
>>
>>972681
I thought that was normal? most people that age are in university working shitty jobs to get through their degree. I'm 21 and I'm a kitchen hand earning a bit over min. wage. Getting my bachelors end of next year though.
>>
File: 1441920816825.jpg (51KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1441920816825.jpg
51KB, 500x375px
>>972524
>you should be debt free
>Encouraging being a wage kek
>>
>>972511
>investments get you rich
How the fuck is that supposed to work? You don't have shit to invest and unless you know something that will turn your $1 to $1000 in a few years (and that's still a few years) the little income you have is going to, at best, yield a .16% gain
>>
>>972511
Sell your shittycoins, buy BVMF: PETR4 stock and sell in seven years for, at least, 100% real gain.
You will have massive gains from the the reheated Brazilian economy, increase of Oil Prices after the end of islamic extremism and increase in the value of the Real (Brazilian currency).
>>
>>974885
Nevermind, I read that you had $200K.
Fuck you and your entire family, poorfag.
>>
>>974829
First you save then invest. You're skipping the first step which is why you're poor.
>>
>>972532
>Get an actually good body
(->/fit/ and do SS then Push/pull then arnolds blueprint & follow a 40/40/20 protein/carb/fat diet while hitting ~15g creatine a day)
>Get a sugar momma
>Show her you are happy being a trainer but are quite keen with money
>Convince her that you can make her more money if she lends you some cash
>Become a venture capitalist
>?????
>Profit
>>
>>972511
> Invest savings in securities that match the market
> Throw a few dollars at securities with projected growth that you project will outperform the market
> Start a business, ideally one with low overhead and high return that you can run while working a day job
> Or take the plunge, start a business, and seek funding - but you better know what you're getting yourself into
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.