[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 22 >started trading when I was 19 >nothing great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Rare+pepe+comp_419215_5582801.jpg (45KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
Rare+pepe+comp_419215_5582801.jpg
45KB, 709x765px
>be 22
>started trading when I was 19
>nothing great but I've turned $5K into $40K
>max drawdown $1,900
>guy I know from a Facebook group got me an internship at a trading firm in Chicago
>give me a $100M fake portfolio
>basically paid me $2K a month salary for 6 months to demo trade
>or so I thought
>ended up losing $55M in 2 weeks
>was told I would never have the psychological mind set to ever make it with big money
>got fired

So close yet so far. This was my dream. Now I'm gonna an hero
>>
>>972418
Allahu Akbar
>>
>>972418
>5k to 40k
>700% return over 3 years

Are you a fucking wizard?
>>
>>972418

Lol "psychological mind set"
>>
>>972431

It's futures. Not that uncommon
>>
>>972418
I did better than you OP.
I turned 5k into 52k in 2 years 3months.
Did you trade penny stocks? I did.

With regard to your story. No one makes 3 digit gains because they use a logically sound strategy.
>>
>>972436
no it's not uncommon it's unheard of.
>>
>>972439

Keep in mind, I kept adding $500 a month from my paycheck to that number.
>>
>>972444
So after factoring in compounding interest on your monthly deposits what rate of return did you make?
>>
>>972418
try r9k
>>
>>972450

73.9% in 3 years
>>
>>972453
Well damn OP. I thought we had something in common...
>>
>>972453
so basically you made slightly over 20% a year despite what people claim on forums that's very impressive and easily better than 99% of traders. Also in your original post what do you mean by "or so I thought"
>>
>>972418
where to start trading?
>>
>>972418
>First year trading
>Age 17 (parental monitored account)
>Turned $1500 into $7800
Got right the fuck out then. Took my profit and left, started a business. Made about $4k off of the business before I closed shop to move onto the next project.
>>
>>973132
can you really only start an account with $1500?
How do I do this?
>>
>>972418
>walk into a job having no fucking clue what you're doing
>bomb because you had no fucking clue what you're doing

There's no way you could have seen it coming anon
>>
>>973164
Any 18 year old idiot can start an account with as little as $500.
>>
>>973181
How.
>>
>>973201

Just start a fucking account? You think theyre gonna shoot you in the head if you dont have 100.000 bucks?
>>
>>972418
Trading "internships" are a dime a dozen. If you really want to go into such a shitty luck-driven "profession," you'll be able to find a ton of other opportunities. Personally, I turn $0k in $90k (net) every year by going to work at a real job.
>>
>>973201
Literally just register online. Fill out some forms giving them a lot of your personal information, even your employment. Fax or Email said forms, signed. And provide conformation of your identity using government issued identification, establishing you are who you say. Again, sent through fax or email, if they accept email.

Then you send them money.

Then you trade 3 days after they get the money, unless you send them more than 25,000. In which case you can trade immediately.
>>
>>973164
I started a robbinhood account with $100 kek. Up about 25% in the two months i've been trading.
>>
>>973213
>>973207
Where? Which brokerage firm? Excluding robinhood, no iOS device.
>>
>>972418
bs

not even a good story.
>>
OP back for last time. This board makes me cringe.

>>973123
Anywhere. I started in stocks demo trading. Sucked at it. Discovered futures and found risk management to be much simpler in it. I started pretty aggressively, but I would recommend at least $10K capital per contract, with a daily loss limit of 5% or 3 losing trades, whichever comes first. I just trade double-bottoms/double-tops or 1-2-3 patterns off low/high of day in /ES on 5 minute chart interval. Would place stop a tick or two above the high/below the low and set my profit target to 1:2 risk reward. Never read any books or any jew trading program. Just trial and error mostly. I blew a $2500 account then tried 3 or TopStepTrader combines before I started again on my own where I grew to $40K.

>>973132
Good job. I also took some money and started a janitorial company with my Dad (I just gave him capital). I think he's finally getting $50K a year in revenue. Small, but not bad considering he's lazy as fuck and never keeps a job.

>>973164
NinjaTrader Brokerage has a $1,000 account minimum. Don't know about other shit. Really I've never met a successful trader outside of futures.

>>973179
Haha yeah, pretty much. But it was a good experience.

>>973208
Good for you. Yeah I try to find new prop firms popping up. A lot of trading opportunities are scams charging bullshit education fees and things.

>>973221
Is Robinhood legit? I made an account and linked my checking but have yet to deposit anything or trade. I was thinking of trading leveraged S&P ETFs to hedge my futures trading.

>>973381
Amp Futures and NinjaTrader Brokerage are great cheap brokers for futures.

>>973443
Cool story bro
>>
>>972418
...or you could just learn from your failure and get up and try again...
>>
>>973541
Technical analysis is bullshit and you are bullshit friend
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.