[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any type of profit made from buying very small amounts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (53KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 720x960px
Is there any type of profit made from buying very small amounts of land? Like a sq foot or something. In up and coming neighborhoods or rural lands.
>>
No one will sell you a square foot of land.
>>
look up ransom strips
>>
>>967441

you can buy a sq foot plot of land in Ireland and Scotland for like $20. they don't allow you to build anything on it even if you buy like 100 of them (dont think they let 1 person buy 100 anyway)
>>
>>967441
The transfer costs would far out weight any growth.

If someone wanted to build something, If State significance & had tenure for adjoins lands they could have the state compulsory acquire your land. The median price of which is worked out by costs of surrounding titles value.
So if you're lucky you may see your $100- conveyancing fees and taxes growing to $150.

Well done you're the next Donald trump
>>
>>967597
*of State
>>
>>967532
I-I will, OP.
>>
>>967583
>you can buy a sq foot plot of land in Ireland and Scotland for like $20. they don't allow you to build anything on it even if you buy like 100 of them (dont think they let 1 person buy 100 anyway)
What the fuck is the purpose of this? What is the difference between buying Irish plot of land and those companies that let you purchase and afterwards name the stars in the sky?
>>
I could buy small plots of land at police auctions, correct?
>>
File: floridaland.jpg (108KB, 226x467px) Image search: [Google]
floridaland.jpg
108KB, 226x467px
>>967532
I'm sure op could buy enough to equal a square foot.
>>
>>967583
>>967635
I'm from Ireland, The purpose of this is two fold. 1. You get to refer to yourself as a Lord or Duke, Not sure why you would pay real money for the privilege but there you go.

2. Getting a hunting licence In Ireland and the UK requires a character reference from a land owner, so people buy these plots so that they and their friends can get their licence more easily.
>>
>>968597
What is there left to hunt in Ireland apart from foreigners?
>>
>>968603

Snakes.
>>
>>967533

this is about the only legitimate reason to buy a tiny plot of land - if it strategically blocks access to a large plot of land that could get permission for a large development... the 'ransom strip' can then become very valuable

land banking companies however that just sell off multiple small plots on the premise that they'll go up in value if they get planning permission are invariably complete scams

>>968597
>You get to refer to yourself as a Lord or Duke, >Not sure why you would pay real money for >the privilege but there you go.

you can't, that is a pure scam also... the only thing you can buy is an estate that comes with a 'lord of the manner' title... you're not a 'lord' and don't get to be refered to as a 'lord' but you can claim to be 'lord of the manor of (some place you bought)' - until a couple of years ago there were some historical legal rights like technically you could demand a certain number of chickens from any tenants renting properties on the estate etc.. though these estates that come with some 'lord of the manor' title tend to be old and quite big so unless you've got a few million they're not an option
>>
>>968603
Deer and rabbits senpai. There was a massive poaching problem up until recently but the game population has shot up since. Plus the native wolf population is long extinct so culling is necessary.
>>
>>967441
Yeah if you grow weed on it
>>
>>968636
Ransom strips if they become too valuable can be voided and compulsory acquired like another posted said. This only works on very large developments that employ hundreds to thousands of people however.
With ransom strips depending on your local laws you have to continually watch out for adverse possession. A common tactic is for the person being held to ransom to erect a fence stopping access around the neighbouring plot for several years to a decade and just claim it under an amended title at the end of the required period.
If the owner doesnt check and demand removal of fences by writing then its just tough shit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.