[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is Jeff Bezos so rich when his company barely makes money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: Jeff_Bezos'_iconic_laugh.jpg (4MB, 3230x3725px) Image search: [Google]
Jeff_Bezos'_iconic_laugh.jpg
4MB, 3230x3725px
How is Jeff Bezos so rich when his company barely makes money?
>>
>>965344
they reinvest profits

They actually make a shitton
>>
Look at the stock price over the last 20 years.
Do you not know that his salary is taken out as an expense, before profits?
>"barely makes money"
>$88,988,000,000 in revenue
ok OP.
>>
>>965352
Amazon doesn't make money you bumbling retard. Everything about Amazon is about undercutting the market to increase market share. It doesn't turn a profit.

>>965344
Amazon are playing the long con. Bezos' masterplan is to create "the everything store" (good book on the subject with that title) and is willing to do everything to accomplish that (including underpaying workers and generally treating them like shit). His company is valuable due to its assets and market share.

Bezos is a cunt.
>>
>>965385
>Amazon doesn't make money you bumbling retard. Everything about Amazon is about undercutting the market to increase market share. It doesn't turn a profit.

So they operate at a loss? Interesting.

Who pays for it all out of pocket then lmao
>>
>>965385
amazon employee

can confirm treated like shit
>>
>>965385
>is willing to do everything to accomplish that (including underpaying workers and generally treating them like shit)

Who gives a fuck as long as it works and makes the prices lower for us consumers?

I don't work there nor will i work there so it doesn't matter to me
>>
>>965385
9/30/15 Net Income Applicable to Common Shareholders of $79,000,000

>(including underpaying workers and generally treating them like shit
lmao, i work for amazon. I get 14.50hr as an entry level employee with full health/retirement benefits + stock, i've already posted this in another thread.

The starting wage there is 11.50. Located in the Midwest.

If a warehouse associate was mistreated by a manager, HR would have their head. HR at the DC I work at are nazi tier.
>>
>>965344
1. a company doesn't need to make money to be worth running
2. they constantly reinvest any money they do make
>>
>>965389
A recruiter reached out to me not long ago and somehow convinced me to try out with their hiring process. I managed to get far enough that I was offered a job but something just wasn't right about it. It was probably the way that the entire company seemed to treat other people as disposable assets ... literally cogs in a machine that could be swapped in and out as needed. I knew right away that Amazon didn't give a single fuck about anyone and that working there I would basically have to be the ultimate rage slave that was thankful for having such a massive "opportunity."

All of this is of course: ironic as fuck considering most programmers worth hiring have already specialized in something important and can basically ask for whatever the fuck they want. Needless to say: I turned down the offer, applied to startup the next day, and was hired within hours. Fuck Amazon.
>>
>>965344
He still gives himself a salary and still owns stocks in the company which are forever increasing in value.
>>
>>965672
The real irony is that HR people are consistently blaming employees for this treatment. Just google how many companies believe the biggest problem with the "new generation of workers" is their "lack of company loyalty". The way they see it, if employees will just leave them on a whim, then they shouldn't even try to convince them to stay. It's a shitty feedback loop that companies seem completely oblivious to the fact that the reason there's no company loyalty from employees is because companies fire people on those same whims.
>>
>>965949
The biggest thing that cracks me up in interviews is "We operate at a start-up pace", when the company is equivalent to Texas Instruments. Shares? No. Stock Options? No. What f' start-up pace are you r-poos talking about!?
>>
>>965672
>didn't give a single fuck about anyone

Which company does tho? Can you point me into the direction of a company that genuinely cares about its employees?
>>
File: 1446181198504.jpg (14KB, 207x212px) Image search: [Google]
1446181198504.jpg
14KB, 207x212px
>>965961
>Which company does tho?
your mother's company sure made me feel appreciated
>>
>>965973
I came in your dads ass tho but there was a bit of shit on my dick so I made him lick it off
>>
File: frees2dayshippingtoothbrush.png (216KB, 1012x713px) Image search: [Google]
frees2dayshippingtoothbrush.png
216KB, 1012x713px
>>965346

>Amazon
>Making a profit

Pick only one
>>
>>965389

Will back up. Company isn't customer focused, it's management focused and managers focus on their stocks since it makes up 25% or more of their pay package.
>>
>>966002
I don't get what your point is?
>>
>>965959

You got lied to. Once you flip to a blue badge employee at Amazon you get between 75 and 150 shares which are awarded over time.
>>
>>966016

The point is you aren't making money by offering free 2 day shipping in a fucking toothbrush

A FUCKING TOOTHBRUSH

Are you lacking chromosomes or something?
>>
>>966021
are you?

you realize that the 2 day "free" shipping is tied to a yearly subscription to amazon prime right?
>>
>>966021
If they're selling it they're obviously making money fucking retard.

Why do you think you know the profit margins of an enormous company more than they know them?
>>
>>966015

I'm not talking the public face of the company, I'm talking internal. You gotta realize Amazon works on volume, both in the warehouse and the data centers. You getting a refund on your $200 order doesn't mean a damn thing when the company makes multiple billions of dollars a year.

>>965344
The company makes money, and lots of it, but reinvests it. Jeff Bezos, like Bill Gates before him, is a top level business predator. Microsoft was founded in 1974 but didn't start paying out a dividend until 2003. That is 28 years. Amazon was founded in 1994, so 21 years ago. Amazon is still building it's business because of Jeff Bezos. As for why Bezos is worth so much money he owns 83,921,121 shares at $667.81 share. He owns the single largest number of shares in a very big, very profitable company.
>>
>>966002
Do you know what amazon prime is you fucking daft cunt
>>
>>966026
>Why do you think you know the profit margins of an enormous company more than they know them?
because he's been browsing /biz/ for 7 months and is now a master investor and businessman. He even watched Wolf of Wall Street.
>>
>>966021
It's part of Amazon Prime, you realize that right? Amazon Prime is a loss leader. People who have Amazon Prime tend to buy much more then non-Prime orders, usually 30% more. They squeeze the shipping companies to the point they barely make a profit on the shipping, but they desperately want Amazon's business like just about anyone else.
>>
>>966032
This board is actually such a fucking joke...

Retarded NEETs discussing a major company's profit margins and fucking insisting they operate a loss...(what)
>>
>>966021
You're retarded dude.
>>
>>965403
Dude. 3PL here. Thats shit pay.

At our warehouse case pickers start at 12/hr with a bonus of upto 6/hr for lms goals. (which are not hard to meet if you pay attention and are not retarded. )

Lift drivers start at 15/hr with a 7.50/hr bonus for lms goals, plus 1/hr for injury free work place, and 1/hr for night shift.

Coordinators start at 18hr

Shift Managers at 45k a year.

Everyone get full benifits, + 1 pairs of boots a year.
>>
>>966134

It's all based on local area. It's why the DCs that serve Washington DC are in West Virginia and Richmond, VA. You can't hire someone within 50 miles of the DC border for those prices.
>>
>>966026

you're a god damn idiot.

It's a publicly traded companies. The statements are all other there. THEY CONSISTENTLY LOSE MONEY. (except for one quarter this year).

This place is full of FUCKING IDIOTS.
>>
>>966805
They reinvest it.

If they keep losing money then with which funds do they keep expanding lmao

>One of biggest companies consistently loses money yet it keeps expanding and its stock goes up
Only in the mind of a /biz/ retard
>>
>>966809
lurking but your post reminds me of shitasspetfuckers, they just keep expanding!!
>>
>>965387
they make a normal profit.
>>
>>966021
>FREE TWO DAY SHIPPING on orders over $35 with Amazon Prime
>>
>>966883
Free two day shipping on everything with Amazon Prime. The $35 thing is for non-Prime members.
>>
>>966148
Im the guy your replying to. The warehouse i was showing our wages for is in edwardsville il. Across the river from st louis
>>
>>966845
have 5 shitasspetfuckers built around every starbucks!
>>
>>965961
Happiness is important for building good products and innovating. Self-actualization is at the very top of Maslow's hierarchy of needs so a company that treats it's workers like shit isn't doing itself any favours.
>>
>>965344
Revenue goes up pretty sharply every year, but somehow profits are slim. Either they're reinvesting for future growth, or they blew it all on hookers.

Ask the investors which one they think it is.
>>
>>965961
Starbucks. Especially if you work at one of their plants. They function almost like an union. No rushing, safety first (and they mean it), double time if you work seven days straight, 2 weeks vacation the moment you're hired on, medical, dental....and 1(free) pound of coffee a week.
>>
>>965961
Chic-fil-a
Publix
The local co-op grocery store
Small buisinesses of all kinds
>>
Being CEO of the biggest retailer in the country has it's perks.
protip 1:amazon is a retailer not a "dotcom" company.
protip2:retailers always have slim profit margins
He started the fucking company, so I'm sure he has make billions on stock options. anyways if you care Publicly traded C lvl exe sailyes are public knowledge if you just google the SEC reports
>>
>>965389
>>966012

i think you faggots are confusing being treated like shit with work that is hard.

want to really be treated like shit? go work contract security.
pays lower than amazon
ACA minimum benefits
no sick time/paid time/i feel like going home early time
vacations that generally dont start accruing until YEAR 2
16 hour work days if you relief never showed
on call
etc.
>>
>>966021

The shipping is in the $6 dollars. That toothbrush wholesales for probably 30 cents.
>>
>>968123
i wouldnt bother getting into economies of scale.
many minds in this thread would be unable to handle it.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.