[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2831989313_0edb46c975_b.jpg (491KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2831989313_0edb46c975_b.jpg
491KB, 1024x768px
Be me:

>late 20's
>net worth of $100,000 in cash, stocks
>make $55,000 per year
>spend 10 hours at work staring at a computer
>spend 2 hours commute staring at smart phone
>spend 4 hours free time watching tv
>that exhausted at the end of the day can barley be fucked cooking food
>spend weekends resting from work week
>have 0 friends outside of work
>struggle to have any relationships outside of work

Be my slacker pot head cousin:
>late 20's
>0 savings
>lost license due to DUI
>works season jobs then blows it all on having fun
>always socializing or doing something fun
>one month working snow fields in Canada, next month working construction in Europe, etc
>has large circle of friends and multiple girl friends

What's the point of working my ass off and living a miserable life just to have a "comfortable" retirement when I'm too old to actually enjoy it?
Who's the real dumb-ass? Because I'm starting to think it's me...
>>
Get a new job
You are right, don't wait until retirement to have fun, that's retarded
>>
>>964361
>>964361
>>964361
>>964361
>Be me:
>>spend 10 hours at work staring at a computer
>>spend 2 hours commute staring at smart phone
>>spend 4 hours free time watching tv
>>spend weekends resting from work week
>>have 0 friends outside of work
>>struggle to have any relationships outside of work

Here is your problem, and the problem with most people after getting a job. Complacency. Cut that 4 hours time of tv to 1 hour or record it and watch on phone during commute. Spend the rest of your time honing your skills and and finding a job with a less shitty commute. On the weekends, use it as a test to throw yourself into social situations. Say hello to passerbys in the park, start talking and just fucking do it
>>
>>964361
I'm in the same boat dude. I got an epic job recently that pays more than anyone I know and even though I have more money than I can spend: what is the point if you have no time to enjoy it?

So far, I haven't spent any of the money I've earned. It's just accumulating in a huge account. Like what the fuck. And apparently this is success ...
>>
Your cousin is probably one of those neets that post neet threads on how to get a job and save money. We all want what we dont have. I feel the same OP im ar 200k net worth and the only people i can tell are anonymous people on the internet. No one else cares.
>>
>>964361
Stop being a faggot, you have a job and money
>>
>>964391
Thanks Anon, I needed that.
>>
>>964395
You are welcome
You dont know how lucky you are right now, just change a few habits and you will be fine
>>
>>964371
Buy a car you've always wanted, go on a vacation, hell go to Vegas for a weekend or something. Damnit anon if you don't want that money I'll take it
>>
>>964371
Splurge a little on something that you can enjoy by yourself whatever your interest is

If your account gets big enough set up a business that fits in to your hobbies

If you always wanted to learn how to surf go buy a surf board and some lessons, if you are a car guy by a 2-3 year old (insert sports brand name here).
>>
>>964361
Would you rather live in a card board box in an alley suckling cock for five bucks a pop?
>>
>>964361
Wait till late 30's, buy some rental properties and put more into stocks and retire. You can start partying by then.

>>964371
If it is really so huge, you will soon retire and live of dividends/rent. You can spend 10 years of your life living like that if you can retire in your 40s.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.