[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: daniel-negreanu-poker-face.jpg (287KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
daniel-negreanu-poker-face.jpg
287KB, 640x426px
Anybody here making a little extra on the side with poker or as a full time job?
>>
Really, nobody? Cmon, you can't all be just wizardpoker players...
>>
>>963608

I'd rather bet on a sure thing: the rake.

I made bank referring people to poker sites. I was getting up to $400 per player before Black Friday happened.

Also, watching Jaime Staples lose 2 grand a day on twitch is fun and makes me not want to play.
>>
>>963608
I used to, like 10 years ago. It was easy to just straight play the odds and beat all the guys who thought that because they could bluff their drunk buddies they were good.

But all those guys pretty much gave up and the online poker sites are now mostly run by computer algorithms that I can't beat on a consistent basis.
>>
>>963608

I go to a poker site approximately once a year and gamble away 50 dollars over the course of a couple of weeks before I get bored of it and stop again
>>
>>963623
Sounds harsh, I just make little cash from average players since I can't really beat out the best ones (pretty much semi-pros).

>>963622
Hos that work?
>>
>>963630
>Hos that work?

What?
>>
>>963630
>Hos that work?

Affiliate marketing I would think.

Regardless online poker is dodgy because the game can make use of bots and rig the game to leech your money.

And even if you do find a legit provider, it's still a zero-sum game. And statistically speaking zero-sum games aren't worth your time.
>>
>>963646
How does it work you fucking mongoloid.

We want to get in on this, how do you shill pokersites and better yet, how do you find people who will make a large enough deposit to justify the Poker site to give you $400?
>>
>>963654

This was 10 years ago, but the players only had to deposit the minimum and play a certain number of hands for me to get credit. I don't know how it works today. It's illegal here (U.S.)

I used content marketing, organic search, paid search. Just like any other referral program.
>>
>>963652
>Affiliate marketing I would think.

Yes but you need a special kind of customer.

In order to make over $400 in rake in order to justify paying that poster $400 it would require several thousands to be deposited.

And I'm not really sure where you'd find people willing to spend a few thousand on a website just by some random's recommendation. - The big players(who spend thousands) would already know how/where to play so they wouldn't need this, but the noobie players wouldn't spend several thousand to play a game they're not that good in.
>>
>>963656
>This was 10 years ago, but the players only had to deposit the minimum and play a certain number of hands for me to get credit

How much money could you really be earning them in order for them to make profit paying you $400?
>>
>>963659

I never asked, but I imagine they lost money on the vast majority of players I referred to them. But it only takes 1 whale or pro to cover those losses.
>>
>>963660
Eh I could understand maybe $25-$100 per person but $400 is too much, I don't really see how it could be beneficial for them.

If you referred 10 people you'd make $4 000? That doesn't sound right considering $4 000 in rake would probably requires $10 000's to be deposited.

And there really isn't many people depositing thousands let alone 10 thousand, especially out of a group of 10 people the odds are near nonexistent
>>
>>963663

The rake paid over the life of a player was likely more important to them than the initial deposit.

I did a quick google search and found this. Check out those numbers.

>Whats you lifetime rake ?
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker-beats-brags-variance/beat-ofc-whats-you-lifetime-rake-267216/
>>
>>963608
full time job
at 1/2 i average 20/hr minimum up to 100/hr
at 2/5 it's 50/hr minimum to 250/hr

>>963622
i dont play rake as i play in free games
get keked
ive also seen staples win 30k in a day. he's still up like 80k for the year?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.