[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /biz/ What are the best laptop jobs? I am currently a small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 5454e4a787156.jpg (30KB, 585x403px) Image search: [Google]
5454e4a787156.jpg
30KB, 585x403px
Hi /biz/

What are the best laptop jobs?

I am currently a small business owner in a creative field, I am married to a qt3.14 pure han Chinese and like the idea of living in her home country (where I am not legally allowed to work)..

I am interested in job options that I could do with just a laptop, something like website designer etc.

What are the best (but realistic) options? I could work with people in my home country while I live abroad....

Something that has good future opportunities (I imagine website designer might be declining somewhat with websites like squarespace and wix etc)..

Bonus points for something hat I could teach myself in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks
>>
Learn how working abroad actually works first. Most countries require you to pay tax even if its based elsewhere and yes that means having a VISA.

Don't brake any laws in China unless you want to end up mining and being raped
>>
>>963393

I am eligible for a spouse VISA which lets me stay but doesnt allow me to legally work in China..

If I am dealing with and working for clients in my home country would that even classify as working in China? I would just be working while traveling abroad..
>>
>>963396

If you're there on anything other than a tourist VISA then you're living not traveling.
>>
>>963392
Screaming at video games
>>
I make an absurd amount of money contracting for startups around the world (mostly in the US.)

Would be happy to answer questions but I just took a shit load of sleeping pills so I won't be here for long
>>
>>963413

Doing what exactly?
>>
>>963417
Bitcoin / Blockchain / security type stuff. It's a bit technical so lets just say programming.
>>
>>963413
I have programming skills developed as a by-product of an engineering degree, I've dealt with languages such as C, Java, Matlab, Python, etc.

I wouldn't say I'm fullstack though, so could you recommend what I could spend my time developing independently in order to derive a passive income?

I was thinking ios apps over webapps since I'm not "full stack"
>>
>>963427
Read the book "Start small, stay small." It may be the most concise book I have ever read on building micro-services as a solo dev and making money from them.

Also, you can make money from virtually anything online if you learn how to use Google Adsense for customer acquisition and how to optimize your sales funnel. There's some excellent guides on marketing and customer acquisition on Blackhatworld.

Note that startups are fucking hard. What you're asking me is the equivalent of scaling mount Everest so you need to scale down you ambitions as much as possible. A good example would be a SAAS website that sells VPSes. All it is, is a simple sales page that you use to resell another companies' VPS' and you get customers from Facebook ads + Google. Not much code there, and almost all marketing. So basically try cut corners as much as possible. There's smart ways to make money and then there's the hard way, and writing code from scratch is definitely the hard way.
>>
>>963986
>Start small, stay small.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it.

Do you do your contracting independently?
>>
>>964257
Yep independently.

Also, currently getting paid to browse image boards while I compile some tests. Makes me lol hard but technically I am still working.
>>
How does the tax / banking situation works for the digital nomads?

Do you guys actually create companies and bank acounts in nil tax countries/micro states?
Doesnt it raise a laundering money type of questioning when you travel/spend money?
What type of records do you keep? How do you create your official documents (bills invoices etc..)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.