[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rent is too damn high. How about leasing an office and secretly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

File: office-chairs-you-can-sleep-in.jpg (87KB, 747x467px) Image search: [Google]
office-chairs-you-can-sleep-in.jpg
87KB, 747x467px
Rent is too damn high. How about leasing an office and secretly living in it? Just say that you work 24/7 because it's a startup business.

>Fight my logic.
>>
>>963250
illegal
>>
>>963251
There's been studies that show that people break the law on average of 5-10 times a day without even knowing it.

Also, smoking weed is illegal. Downloading copyrighted torrents is illegal. Basically every 4chin supports doing is illegal.
>>
how much does it cost to lease an office?

How would I inspect an office building prior to make sure I could live there without anyone knowing about it
>>
>>963254
ask about 24/7 access. tell them your projects often require overnight/allnight work. ask them about security.

be clean and make sure you DO use it for a business at most hours. don't let them suspect anything queeeeer.
>>
>>963257

Whats the average charge for an office?

I assume its substantially higher than an apartment or basement suite.
>>
>>963257
You could just say the business interacts with many different time zones.
>>
>>963250
>How about leasing an office and secretly living in it?
Because most lease agreements explicitly say you can't do this, and you can be kicked out, sued, etc. if you do.

Doesn't mean you can't try, but it means there are serious consequences if you do and are caught.

>security guards are a thing
>security cameras
>when they suspect they will watch and review
>increased water bill
>increased electricity bill
>food smells
>banning cooking devices
>other evidence
>they'll superslueth you out unless you lease from crappy people that don't care
>>
>>963251
>>963270

The autism is strong in this thread.
>>
>>963270
>crappy people that don't care
this is key
>>
You'd be caught.
>>
>>963250
How are you going to

>cook
>shower
>do anything fun

you'd have to install a small kitchen and power and at that point you're better off just buying a small house or some shit
>>
>>963270
Let's see what we can do with this.

Small, two storey place, maybe in a run down part of town. Business zoned, but not in a shiny new building or park. Could just as easily be a hair salon or pawn shop.
No guard or security cameras.

Big water cooler. Shower at a gym or similar.
Gas-fired camping hob, which you keep in a nylon laptop bag; use glass tupperware instead of bowls and plates.
Plenty of offices have refrigerators; however, you should rely on fresh meat and veg to prevent a suspicious stockpile accumulating.
Obviously, use a laundromat, and keep your clothes in suitbags. Don Draper had a spare shirt in his desk drawer.

You might benefit from a gym locker where you could change after a shower, without needing to bring clothes back and forth. Also, leaving with no baggage and returning in a new set of clothes gives the impression that you live somewhere else.

Most of your bulkier possessions should be left with family or in long term storage. Banks and post offices have rentable lockers, I think.

You'll also need lots of aerosol. Keep yourself squeaky clean and don't let worn clothes accumulate.

A vampiric sleep schedule (sleep day, wake night) would be the least conspicuous, but also pretty hellish.
>>
File: ATdN9.jpg (48KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ATdN9.jpg
48KB, 600x800px
>>963282

he would also need to be mindful of ventilation lest he wants some carbon monoxide poisoning
>>
>>963282
The part I don't get is where he finds an office that costs less than an apartment
>>
>>963250
Simpler and cheaper to office from your home instead of the other way around.
>>
I had a friend who snaged an office space in las vegas, near the airport, for $250 a month. With about 1000ft of warehouse with a roll up door. ( that became his garage)
It also had a bathroom with a shower, and a small area with a sink and counterspace (his kitchen)

The business park just wanted tenants.

The building across from him was rented by a band, who used it as practace space.
He lived in the place for 2 years, while running his buisness out of it. ( he did convention promotion swag. )
>>
>>963290
I think the point is that office alone costs less than office + apartment
>>
You're going to get caught renting an office in a building. Try renting a warehouse/workshop building instead. My Dad lives in the mechanic shop he rents and runs his business out of.
>>
>>963471
more info please. sounds better than sneaking around the office
>>
I have a buddy who does artistic metal work. He welds giant outdoor statues.

He rents a decent sized garage/warehouse. He built a little "office" inside the garage. The office is just a tiny bedroom with a desk and computer. The bathroom in the garage has a shower in it already.

Plus it has a kitchenette because it was originally a break room. Just no oven.
>>
>>963252
smoking weed and downloading copyright material are legal in my country.
>>
File: 410KHYpD3YL.jpg (23KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
410KHYpD3YL.jpg
23KB, 500x333px
>>963282
that thing sucks

get pic related instead
>>
I did this for a while. Rented a warehouse/office space to store my eBay and Amazon shit and ship items out - all of my items were taking up my house. Ended up just staying in the shop and setting up a futon in the back and showering at the gym. Rented out my house. Worked out well for me, and I really enjoyed all of the open space. It was nice to have a work table/pool table. The woman who eventually became my wife wasn't very pleased with my living space.
>>
>>963250

It definitely happens, especially with asians.

What are you gonna do about having a kitchen and bathroom though? plus, living in an office sucks.

If you are set on this, just get an apartment with a nice "officeish" look. Put a sign out front and use it as your office.
>>
>>963641
sounds great f.am
where?
>>
>>963250

Considered doing it. Not because I'm a poorfag, but rather because I wanna play the bongo at 4 am.
>>
>>963685
Gas or electric?
>>
why not rent a apartment and do your office work there?
>fight my logic.
>>
>>964187
Tell me more about this ah ... "bongo" of yours anon.
>>
tryna figure what part of houstontx i can rent a small 250sqft workshop for my design biz to also discretely live in $500 and under

and squeeze an upright piano in too
>>
>>964357
not him, but I live somewhere that doesn't have a stove, so i bought an electric hot plate, which is similiar to pic related. Currently have been cooking pasta and it does the job well
>>
>>963250
Most places make you provide proof that you have a home apart from your rented space.
>>
>>963250
How about GETTING A JOBTHAT PAYS YOU BETTER.
Faggot
>>
>>963276
>cook
You can buy food downstairs, what are you a stoner?
>shower
Country club or gym.
>do anything fun
Getting money is what brings me fun.
>>
>>963250
That chair looks like it's teetering just at the point of falling over. Isn't a human's centre of gravity about at their navel?
>>
>>963270
It's common for a place of work to have a cafeteria or food-making facilities. It's also common to have a break room with a couch or similar that somebody could theoretically sleep on.

Seriously, unless they actually catch you napping, what evidence do they have? And even then, how could they prove it wasn't a one-off and you don't have a permanent residence elsewhere?
>>
>>964413
fight harder, normfag
>>
>>964604
By demanding a utility bill or similar to prove your address.

I think the main thing is to avoid hardass churchgoing landlords and find semi-criminal ones that like being paid in cash.
Then you barely need to keep up appearances, if at all. They'd probably draw the line at putting your washing outside to dry, though.
>>
>>963252

might as well living be illegal
>>
>>964126
>especially with asians.
So true. Before it got busted by the cops, there was a rub-n-tug "massage parlor" near my hometown. Had to be at least a dozen asians living in it at all times.
>>
OP, don't listen to these idiots who have never rented an office. It can be done. However arrange the office in a way that it doesn't seem that you live there. Just make it look like a normal office. Also, make sure you rent an office from A landlord and not a property management company. Become friends with the guy and tell him you work weird hours.

Keep a varied schedule. Most of the time the landlord will not be around but other people in the building will be. Make friends with as many people as possible. Have them see you come in dressed nicely and not smelling like shit. This is where the gym access becomes necessary.
>>
>>963250

couldnt you just lease a house or apartement?
>>
Office rent/utilities/etc are like 130% the cost of residential
>>
>>964801
apartments $1000+ for studio or efficiency

office around $500

i live in texas
>>
rent is damn high because of subsidies for the poor and easy housing loans

thank the government for that
>>
>>964626
Hey mum what do you think of my new business Hyperglobalmegacorp? I live in it.

Such unbridled slobbering faggotry
>>
>>966456
Bull fucking shit
Rent is high because of demand
You just failed the most basic fundamental rule of economics
>>/mlp/
>>
>>966464
among other things, shithead

rent is artificially high
>>
>>966464
the demand wouldn't be so high since poor fags wouldn't be able to afford the rent, retard.
>>
>>963270
Why should it be illegal? Fucking liberals/
>>
>>966539
>the demand wouldn't be so high since poor fags wouldn't be able to afford the rent, retard

U wot?

>>966482
Want to know how I know you're poor and a victim.
>>/homeownership/
Oops you can't qualify for a loan.
Fucking poorfag shitcunt
>>
>>966563
If the demand for space is lower in business zones, and higher in residential zones, despite their equivalent usefulness for human living and working, then the division is artificial.
The real price should be the average rent of both, which would lower rent for people just looking for somewhere to sleep, white picket fence optional.

You can't claim law of the market when the market is being manipulated like that, for supposedly humanitarian reasons, but really for middle class liberal snob reasons.
>>
>>964373
So bongo, bongo, bongo, I don't wanna leave the Congo, oh no no no no no
>>
I essentially live at my office and rent a room in some guys house.

My office is in a warehouse, 24/7 access, can spend days at a time there, my boss doesn't care, essentially Ive become the buildings steward. Secluded, kitchen, toilet, lots of space. If I want to shower I go to my rented room or shower at the gym. I generally just use the room for storage and occasional sleep/sex with a girl I pick up. I pay 110 dollars a month in rent for the room and my gym pass. Basically I exploit everything I can from my boss in exchange for hard work. I use the company truck to store and transport stuff. I use company tools for my own personal stuff. Company computer equipment is free for the using. NEETs would be sent into a jealous rage by my lifestyle, not only do I just exist, I get paid to do so.
>>
>>966978
>the division is artificial

This board is business not semantics.
If you think zoning overlays should be scraped do you can afford a fucking house then you should be getting free accommodation at the local mental hospital.

Good day sir
>>
>>963266
much cheaper. In Philly you can rent a small closed office booth for $500 a month.
>>
>>966554
Actually this one is the republicans. :/ they changed the zoning laws.
>>
>>967515
Well, shit. Got a source on that one?
>>
>>967515
Thank god. I hope it was Bush Snr.
Suck my fat one you ethnic slackers
>>
>>967334
Rent is high because of demand.
Rent is high because of regulations.
Which one of these statements is "semantics"? The one you disagree with?

I'd recommend communicating in grunts and reaction images if you don't like semantics.
>>
>>963266
>I assume its substantially higher than an apartment or basement suite.
hahahaha

Here a 650sq ft apartment is about $700/month while similar office space is in the low 300s.
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 320x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 320x210px
>>968002
All land is regulated you slobbering fucking retard.
Also rents are determined by demand.
Not some artificial magic wand.

I fucking hate fuckheads like you on this board whom are as bitter as on old ladies tit milk because you're poor and lack beneficial decision making skills and think zoning laws or a landlords investment health shouldn't apply to you so you can sleep like a fucking homeless person in an office.
Jesus fucking Christ look at what you are arguing for and where.
fucking shits like you end up wiping $10,000's even $100,000's of dollars value off someone's hard work, because you are so fucking entitled you feel you shouldn't have to pay the same rents as everyone else.

What are you even doing on this board you terminal loser?
>>
>>967334
>>968050
>Idiot gets mad someone doesn't want to play by arbitrary rules that he can't defend with rationality, so he just insults them
>>
>>968489
Not him but he is right. Commercial premises have essential services audits, they will find out you are living there.
What the above triggered poster should of said is if a fire started in the property, the insurance company would make your life a living hell and if the fire actually started on your premise and could be evidenced by fire officials you could have a bill of who knows maybe $10million dollars on you personally.
The owner would sue you, the property management business would sue you, the fire department would bill you.
You'll never see another dime of money in your life. People may think the savings are worth it but commercial building refurbishments and works are really expensive and if a dishonest property manager finds out you're living there, they may not kick you out straight away but scheme of ways to blame you for expensive works caused by a person living in the building
>>
>>968496
First, hand all my assets to someone I trust. Then, declare bankruptcy. There's no way for an ordinary man like me to get $10 million in his lifetime.

You have a point, but the other guy is still a dumbass.
>>
On a similar note, If I lease a building that is designated as a retail space but has an upper floor for storage, could I legally live above the shop or would it need to be designated as split function.
>>
well here's what i do
I make $76k
then I go live in my parents' house
>>
>>964604
my only guess is they could look at how much trash you are producing. also if you actually host guests you are fixing to get caught.
>>
>>963250
Its doable aslong as its not super obvious.

my only questions would be what arrangements you would make for laundry, bathing, and food prep.
>>
>>968606
The shop needs what is called a mixed use permit.
Otherwise no.
>>
File: 1443543981003.png (235KB, 477x768px) Image search: [Google]
1443543981003.png
235KB, 477x768px
I live in the UK

A member of my local council siphons council funds for her local "charity" hq in a group of offices. Then she rents them out to fresh off the boat poles for £150 per week.

The real kicker is that her brother works for the local newspaper and she has connections all throughout the local area. So she's pretty much untouchable.
>>
>>968050
At the moment, I'm watching you lose your head.

So, all land is regulated, and this is not artificial.

Well, what is artificial, if not abstract legal rulings? Do you consider the late USSR to have been a natural marketplace, or was there maybe some artificiality going on what will all the consarn regulatin'?

Is a hamster maze a "natural" habitat or an "artificial" one?

This really isn't the place to learn the English language. Or learn to manage your anger.
Maybe you should buy a dictionary and thump a pillow with it - two birds with one stone.
>>
>>969304

has your "area" heard of the internet?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.