[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting Kickstarter/Charity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: business pepe man.png (489KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
business pepe man.png
489KB, 1280x800px
Can we discuss starting to get donations from stupid retards like the Missouri University meme thing and Paris and such?

Something like:
>Not all Muslims are terrorists! Please donate money in support of the rampant Islamaphobia that Muslims experience because of a select few, we are donating this money to a refugee charity

Can't you just make a "charity for refugee children" but then just pocket all the money in theory?
>>
smdfh
>>
>>962526

Illegal pretty much everywhere.
>>
It's okay, OP. I considered giving you money but made a donation to the Human Fund in your name instead. God bless.
>>
>>962554
How can it be proven if you spent <$20k on refugees or pocketed the money?

There is dozens of Kickstarters who fundraised over $20,000 and didn't fulfill anything and pretty much ran off.
>>
>>962526
I was thinking about doing something like this too
My family is broke but not broke enough to get assistance. We need a new car and a long laundry list of other things such as my tuition.

But what is the best website for this sort of thing? how successful do these things usually go? How much information do I have to give? Do I owe these websites money at the end of the day?
>>
>>962571
>But what is the best website for this sort of thing?
memestarter
>how successful do these things usually go?
Varies from $0 - $50k+ for the dumbest shit in the world
>How much information do I have to give?
Somewhat
>Do I owe these websites money at the end of the day?
I think it's like 10% of your total dosh
>>
>>962592
>I think it's like 10% of your total dosh
Okay so they take out what they need and I go on my way. meh

I am also guessing memestarter = kick starter

I don't have to have a paypal account do I, or give my address. I am super paranoid of giving out personal information

And lastly would my situation I posted work? There must be hundreds of people doing the same thing out there if its this easy
>>
>>962600
No you won't get shit if you just whine like an idiot.

Make a fake charity or something SJW like my idea and you can maybe make some buckz.
>>
>>962592
Also what your talking about is a non-profit. Follow what
>Bill and Malinda gates
>Clinton non-profits
>Kony 2012

A non-profit cannot use the money they make and pocket it. All money that isn't donated/used for the cause, must be put back into helping the non-profit operate.

Where it gets pocketed is when the Non-profit needs a certain person who is crucial to non-profit operations and gets paid $30+/hr to answer phones. You probably need to look over how that would work though, maybe even a lawyer to help you get through the legal jargon.

>>962602
>No you won't get shit if you just whine like an idiot.
I remember seeing a guy making a few thousand to make potato salad once. so would something really silly like that work? How could I adapt my situation to memestarter status
>>
>>962611
>A non-profit cannot use the money they make and pocket it. All money that isn't donated/used for the cause, must be put back into helping the non-profit operate.

Why can't you? How are they going to stop you?

"Oh I donated all that money to Volunteers4Refugees, Thanks a lot for the help guys!"
Literally how are they going to check? Better yet you donate like 30% at most so you got something to show for it.
>>
>>962614
>Why can't you? How are they going to stop you?
From what I understand its a legal issue of it being non profit, mostly tax issues from the IRS.
But remember you can be a critical operator within your organization who must be paid.

Another way would be to say you will donate a portion of the proceeds to [issue here]. A portion could be anything 1-5% of your earnings. if anyone finds out though...

Also remember the kony 2012 guy getting naked and having a literal seizure form all the money he swindled out of people.
>>
>>962624
>Also remember the kony 2012 guy getting naked and having a literal seizure form all the money he swindled out of people.

There is dozens of people doing that and making money.

One time on /g/ two 14-year old kids who had no idea about programming just copied some codebase for a browser and promised to "make the most secure browser ever" and described it using terminology that DOESN'T EVEN EXIST... they just made up words...

And they got like $50k or so raised, then disappeared forever, took down fundraiser deleted all their stuff. Lmao

>RETARDS ACTUALLY PAID $50K FOR A BROWSER MADE BY CHILDREN THAT DID NOTHING AND WAS DESCRIBED USING NON-EXISTENT TERMINOLOGY
>>
>>962631
did they do that on kickstarter?

I may do something like that then
>>
>>962639
yes they did
>>
you guys are funny
>>
what about GoFundMe?

was thinking about this recently. They require no proof, no goals whatsoever. They simply pocket 5% of the cash and forward the rest to you. There's literally people getting money for rent and shit. Could you just say you are some dindu struggling to get by, possibly mention you need to pay medical bills because you are trans and got assaulted at a LGTB event last week or so?
>>
>>963376
Yeah I guess you could.

How do they pay you the money though? Through what? It needs to be at least semi anonymous
>>
>*shake my nutsack into your mouth*
>>
>>963896
what???

>>963376
May look into this.

Has anyone in this thread actually tried this yet?

>>963366
Let us in on the joke friend
>>
>>963925
never
>>
bump tbqh
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.