[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: ethics essay title page image 1.jpg (78KB, 610x457px) Image search: [Google]
ethics essay title page image 1.jpg
78KB, 610x457px
What is your goal? Why do you even care about your Finances? Why don't you just take on mountains of debt? You're going to die someday anyways, so why live within your means? Why buy a car when you can Finance it for 8 years and pay 2% interest? Why buy a house when it will take your entire life time to double or triple in value when you can buy a Bugatti that will double or triple in value within 1/3 of your life time? Why try to beat the system, why don't you just go with the flow and become what the system wants you to become? Why must you be so different?

A question similar to this came up in one of my lectures today /biz/, and it got me so riled up, I wanted to flip the desk and throw chairs at some of the answers some students were giving. These people actually agreed with this, and said people who are trying to get out of debt or be financially stable, are a burden on the system, they have too much money and they should be sharing the money with the 99%. Some of my classmates said that they believed that everyone should get a set amount of money per year and live only off that and that wages should be capped by the government. They went so far as to say everyone should live in group homes so there is a greater sense of community and that all luxury cars should be banned because they pollute the environment and are only attainable by the rich which is totally unfair to them.
>>
File: i8 GTR Fri 13 Nov 2015 .jpg (70KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
i8 GTR Fri 13 Nov 2015 .jpg
70KB, 528x960px
I couldn't take it anymore so I said the Porsche 918, the McLaren P1, and the LaFerrari as well as the Koenigsegg Regera all pollute as much as a Prius, sometimes less. They have amazing performance, and cost more than a million dollars, some even more than 2 million. Some students got so angry they actually told the Prof I was being a bigot, and the Prof actually told me not to share my views if they were so detrimental to the discussion at hand. I told the Prof that I was done with this hatred I'm seeing here against the wealthy and intelligent individuals that make it possible for so many of the students in this classroom to even afford a university education, and I told him that if he was going to continue to teach a class on Ethics and Morality, he should be teaching both sides of the story, instead of filling students minds with blasphemous ideas about the intelligent and wealthy members of society that make it possible for this University to even exist.

I then proceeded to walk out of his class, and students boo-ed me on my way out, and as I was walking out of the door, the Professor actually commented on my disdain for his teachings by telling the rest of the class "he's just like them, there's someone you should not aspire to be." After hearing this, I immediately went to the Student Center and booked a meeting with the President of the University.

The meeting is next Monday in the afternoon, what do /biz/? I need some material, how can I defend the wealthy and intelligent individuals in society, in front of the President of a predominantly Liberal University?

Please help a Business Student out. I have goals, ambitions, I want to make it in this world, but everyday I'm constantly challenged by the ideas of the poor, the ideas of the less intelligent, and the ideas of the less fortunate. How can I put these things out of my mind, and carry on through my plan to forge ahead and obtain my PhD and do what I love, which is making money, and loads of it?
>>
I understand, it's humiliating to be booed out of class and have your professor say mean things. That's not right.

Just keep on going down your path. It's not candy land out there and people are going to hate on us. Are these people worth your time and possible resentment for bludgeoning them to see your side? These are your possible clients, employees, investors, lawmakers, bankers, anyone who could help you succeed. We all have our own opinions. Are you running for public office of the rich peoples party? You don't need to espouse anything to the public. Channel your energy into something productive.
>>
>>962055
>colleges full of communists with zero real world experience

More news at 11
>>
My advice to you OP is to read the 48 laws of power and listen to the Tom Leykis show. Especially the "hey losers" episode, you can find that on youtube. Don't bother arguing with these commies.
>>
>>962055
It's a values thing. You hold power, intelligence, money and general dominance over people at a higher value than they do. They like being able to positively influence the lives of others, have a sense of community and purposeful participation.

Let's say you have a great girlfriend, you spend money on said girl. She provides you emotional support, outside of that you don't really care if anyone else likes or supports you, cool. What do you do now? --> put efforts into something that you'll enjoy more --> aculmulate wealth

Let's say "they" land an amazing career. Have enough to provide for necessities and more. Put some into hobbies, but only enough for peak enjoyment of it. The amount of gain in enjoyment tapers off as more money is spent. Well fuck. So what do they do now? --> put efforts into something they enjoy more --> helping people

So yea, your prof probably doesn't care for or enjoy getting more money than he already has and sees a more worthwhile option in his life to help and influence others instead. You probably see it more worthwhile to further the advancement of the intelligent, strong and ambitious.
>>
>>962055
I could write a thesis on why "redistribution of wealth" and communism don't work. But I can't.
>>
>>962062

Stay true to yourself. You'll be more successful than anyone else that was in that room, lecturer included. That's not just a feel good supportive statement, it's a reasonable conjecture based on your attitude vs theirs.

What you need to worry about isn't how they're reacting to you but how you're reacting to them. Keep your cool, stand your ground. Be "hated" if you have to, infamy isn't a negative in a place full of mouthbreathing simians.
>>
>>962154
With respect to the meeting, be sure to keep your emphasis on what's pragmatic instead of ranting off your philosophy to him. Claim that you're being censored for your views and that you're not being allowed to challenge the information you're being fed. Say the prof was being unprofessional and preachy.

You won't get hum to agree with you on your views, so best not to waste his time.
>>
things that literally never happened thread? things that literally never happened thread.
>>
>>962157

this desu. I can't ever see this happening.

Hell, our Philosophy lecturer who is a long haired buddist used an argument against global warming as an example of a good argument.
>>
>>962157
Nah, you're just lucky enough to never have had to do a class taught by a bitter Marxist professor, the bullshit that comes out of their mouth and the mouths of most of their students is mindblowing, that being said classes like that are usually an easy A because all you have to do is write a couple of essays that parrot back whatever they've said.
>>
File: What Bird.jpg (12KB, 389x324px) Image search: [Google]
What Bird.jpg
12KB, 389x324px
>>962055

>cars
>doubling or tripling in value
>>
>>963717

Oh and don't pull up the bullshit card of restoring classic hot rods because nobody fucking restores a Bugatti.
>>
>>962055
This never happened. Good flame story though
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.