[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen if someone happened to take out student loans,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: new pepe.jpg (67KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
new pepe.jpg
67KB, 500x334px
What would happen if someone happened to take out student loans, finish their degree(or not) and then left the country without paying them back?

Their credit would be shot but would anything else happen if they didn't return? Because I'm not sure why this isn't a more significant problem. Couldn't tons of people theoretically do this with no repercussions?
>>
>>961869
Probably nothing. Time to go for that masters in Computer Science OP.
>>
Leave the country. Then what?? You get citizenship elsewhere??
It's not that easy.
Fuck that bro. USA all the way.
>>
>>961871
>Leave the country. Then what?? You get citizenship elsewhere??

Dual-citizenship or yes applying for new citizenship(pretty sure this can't be difficult if you have work experience/degree and/or money).

>>961870
I don't want to I was just curious as to if this could happen or not, and how often it happens.

Theoretically they can't do much really, so why isn't this more of a problem and what measures can be taken to safeguard against it?
>>
>>961869

Realistically what would the creditors do? Nothing. Chasing you down in another country is not worth the debt you have. They'd have to spend at least 50-70k just in legal proceedings to force you to pay

>so why isn't this more of a problem

You make it sound like it's easy as fuck to just move to another country and start over right where you left off.

Unless you already have dual citizenship or a shit load of money in a trust, then you're basically fucked by doing this option.
>>
File: One pepe, smug.jpg (99KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
One pepe, smug.jpg
99KB, 600x800px
>>961877
>Unless you already have dual citizenship or a shit load of money in a trust, then you're basically fucked by doing this option.

What if I (hypothetically) happened to have dual citizenship, and was planning on (hypothetically) leaving the country anyway. It would be safe right?

Also what would happen if you were working for a company in another country and they wanted to verify your degree, by calling the University. Would they for some reason be able to state "Oh this cukkold did not pay his moneys he owes to his creditors", which would more or less invalidate your degree to your prospective company? - Or is that too far fetched?
>>
>>961869

And leave the USA?

All jokes aside, USA is still a top 5 place to live in the world, debt or no debt.
>>
>>961882
It's certainly possible. You're ditching debt and thus haven't paid for your courses, so they could put your degree on hold or expunge you.
>>
>>961898
The creditor has paid them though, as far the University is concerned they've gotten their money.

The question is whether they would just let the creditor deal with it or for some reason invalidate your degree. - I mean it sounds plausible in theory but I'm questioning if it would really happen.
>>
>>961871
>>961894
Not US btw.

It's soon to be 3rd world shithole with no jobs and terrible economy.
>>
>>961900
This. The University will give you the degree when you graduate. You can't have your degree taken away in the USA.
>>
Where would you keep your money? Even if you move to another country, creditors can get your assets seized or frozen in a foreign bank.
>>
>>961922
So Greece or Spain?
>>
>>961937
>Even if you move to another country, creditors can get your assets seized or frozen in a foreign bank.

Can they? I was under the impression it's out of their jurisdiction.

Unless they had strong relations with the country I doubt they wouldn't tell them to eat shit or just hang up the phone when they tried.
>>
>>961869
>Implying this isn't what 90% of postgraduates in
New Zealand do
>>
>live in the most privileged country in 2015
>leave it to steal some shekels

You could do it, but you would never be able to return. Also, you are giving up your inheritance. Are you ready?
>>
>>961977
seems worth it if you're leaving anyway
>most privileged country
no senpai.

>Implying I will even get an inheritance most likely tbqh lmao
>>
Smfh
>>
>>961869
Depends on the country

But after FATCA, most of Europe, South America, Japan, China, Straya, South Africa and most of Northern Africa are off limits to you
>>
They are going to repo your brain and auction it off to negros at the three day bank owned expo center event.
>>
>>961882
>Would they for some reason be able to state "Oh this cukkold did not pay his moneys he owes to his creditors", which would more or less invalidate your degree to your prospective company? - Or is that too far fetched?

that is far fetched - the university doesn't give a shit about your creditors, they'll likely confirm your degree

what is far fetched though is the idea that just moving countries gets you away from the debt - a friend of mine had some sort of speeding or parking ticket from a holiday in the US and was chased for it back in the UK.... if you move to a first world country they probably will chase you for the debt

maybe you could go somewhere like Thailand or something... though it is risky living somewhere with corrupt authorities, if you run into trouble you might suddenly want to return to the US.
>>
>>961869
>Move to Japan
>live an anime
>>
>>962257
fuck good point.

But I'm more thinking what if you happened to be leaving anyway for other reasons and were already pretty much decided you would not be returning. Seems like a flawless idea if it's not the only reason you're leaving and also go to some meme country where English isn't even a commonly spoken language.
>>
So is this a good idea or not f a m
>>
>>962214
You can come to Brazil.
>>
>>962259
>My Little Sister Can't Dodge All These Debts!
>>
>>962768
Will I be beheaded tho

I've seen the bestgore posts of Brazil
>>
>>963894
ever heard of interpol faggot?
>>
>>963898
>Over a student loan debt

Yeah I'm pretty sure they don't actually enforce debts
>>
After 7 years the person would be Scot Free if they financed the debt via credit card
>>
>>963907
None of my loans let my pay them off with a credit card.
Who would?
>>
Yes. I've heard of many European students doing this because credit in their country is practically non-existant. Europoors deal mostly in cash.
>>
>>965303
Not Europe here tho fem ;-;
>>
>>961869
I remember hearing about a 7 year period where your credit score rebounds after a bankruptcy or default. I think student loans are a different beast altogether, treated in a different way from regular loans.

Worth a shot to look into though, you could be 7 years away from freedom
>>
>>961869
bump
>>
>>962257

Your friend is an idiot if he payed it off.

There was a story in my state newspaper where a guy from another state received a parking ticket. The man had been traveling and was only stopping by for a few days when he got the ticket. Didn't pay it so they sent him a court summons like a year later. The newspaper contacted him asking if he was going to pay it because it was a high sum. Basically said the state could go fuck themselves. If they can't even enforce another state to get the parking fine how the hell are they going to get another country?
>>
>>965303

Sorry for not giving shekels
>>
>>961869
bump tbqh
>>
>>961869
bump tbqh
>>
>>962214
>FATCA
This only takes effects when your a US citizen living abroad
>>
>>966465
>shekels
whats that?
>>
lol at all you stupid faggots ITT.

>mfw this is the business board i browse

here in iran, you cant exit the country until you pay all the debt you have to government be it a university or a hospital. what fucking country doesnt do this?
>>
>>961869

You realize that the world's banking commerce is an international network of corporations that have a blended ownership structure and aligned interests, right?

You will never again be able to take out a loan even if you move to a non extradition country.

Never is a long time, but if you really only wanted to be a tenant banana farmer, then by all means go for it
>>
It's not the money you should worry about. Chasing debt overseas is not worth it unless it's in the high 6 figures. But it will ruin your record for getting a visa basically anywhere. And in extension to that it might hinder your possibility of getting citizenship in your new country (which like you said is not a problem if you have double citizenship already)
>>
>>966904
>what fucking country doesnt do this?
basically any first world country
>>
>>967003
>>967003
If I lived on tropical island that had a steady flow of white women on vacation that would cheat on their kek husbands by fucking me, then yes, I would love to be a banana farmer.
>>
>>967957
>tfw u will never be a nigger

feels bad man
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.