[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TIMBERLAND INVESTMENT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: maine3.jpg (500KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
maine3.jpg
500KB, 1152x864px
-low-risk, stable returns
-current-use tax breaks
-The prestige of owning beautiful land to hunt, camp, and possibly build a cabin on, instead of just owing digits in a computer.

Why aren't you growing timber yet?
>>
>>961860
No money for land, and I live in MA so anything within a 2 hour drive isn't worth the cost.
>>
>>961860
Investing into actual commodities is smart, but the EPA is the most malignant thing in the United States other than the Council on Foreign relations. If you somehow catch the ire of the government, you will be fucked.

That's pretty close to 0% unless you actually present competition to other local companies.
>>
If you could get enough land and then set up some stuff on there like small cabins then you could also sell hunting experiences. It could be year round technically as well since it's private property. You'd have to invest into getting more animals onto your land.
>>
What if shit catches fire yo?
>>
>>961860
Are you growing timber? Location? I'll buy some logs off of you.
>>
>>961930
>the EPA is so evil

Yeah brah it sucks that they don't even let you dump toxic waste on the ground and shit anymore
>>
>>962256
This is such an idiotic simplification of what the EPA does. You're part of the problem.
>>
>>962225
Just because it is private property..... In some states does not mean you can hunt game year round.
I can not hunt deer out of season on my land.
>>
>>962295

Oh really? Well, make sure it's in a state where you can. Here in NC you can.
>>
You got me curious. I'm from Moldova and we have a lot of green places there and getting some private land is subject just to paying some small bribe most likely. The costs of handling such a business are/should also be pretty low. The problem is - where to export this stuff to, and how do I find out at what price people buy it for, because dealing in timber only in my country would be tedious, would give me low returns and there is competition. On the other side, people are pretty dumb and they don't make connection with Western/Central Europe, but rather with Russia. With the low costs here, it should technically be possible to compete somewhere in Central/Western Europe.
>>
>>962282
>This is such an idiotic simplification of what the EPA does.

Sure, they force companies to pay for remediation of land they contaminated. Wow, soo bad amirite?

muh guhmint is bad
>>
>>962282
Yea, the EPA is actually part of the parasite conspiracy to force hardworking, genius businessmen to pay for social programs for mooches and parasites due to the 100% inherent, non-toxic byproducts of the industrial process
>>
>>962298
>competing in a developed economy with established players, tons of regulation, and informed institutional consumers
>somehow easier and with higher returns than competing in an empty market where you'd be the only serious actor

lol
>>
>>961930
>>962256
>>962301
>>962305
The EPA has little to no jurisdiction over timber harvest. They are only concerned with water and air quality.

>>962227
Thats really only a problem in the west.
>>
you can make lot of money discovering land that should be harvested, working with the land owner, and pocketing a percentage of the profit from the harvest.
>>
>>962496
Its called being a forester
>>
File: 18mjz9k8caejgjpg.jpg (71KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
18mjz9k8caejgjpg.jpg
71KB, 500x647px
>>962493
>>962256
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2015/10/25/lovely-the-epa-spill-in-colorado-was-completely-preventable-n2070226

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-12/did-epa-intentionally-poison-animas-river-secure-superfund-money

The gist of it is this:
Fact
>EPA lets contain contaminates out of gold mine into the colorado river
>Fish die
>EPA actually causes this
>EPA is asking for more funding

Disputable (but I believe it to be true)
>EPA knew this would happen
>They caused it to happen and pretend they didn't do nuffin
>They ask for money

The EPA is malignant, yet powerful, and I would argue that they can find a way into your business if they wanted to.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.