/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best degree for someone who likes studying politics,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: College.jpg (627KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
College.jpg
627KB, 1000x667px
What is the best degree for someone who likes studying politics, economics, computer science, and mathematics?
>>
>>961661
Computer science
>>
Arts.
>>
Comp sci, specializing in data mining.
>>
>>961661
Wow! Anon you must be some kind of a genius.

Please tell us something really brilliant.
>>
>>961673
E=mc^2
>>
>>961661

Go and do Financial and Business Economics, or go and do a Major in Economics and a minor in Finance or something like that.

Some uni's will have double majors in Econ and Finance so that's a killer combo.

You can also add another major in there in Political Science or Society or something like that.
>>
>>961667
Lel
>>
>>961689
This, also Mathematics makes you very hire-able but may not be as extensive as a career path.

If I were you I would do double degree/major in economics/finance and then study part time off campus for your mathematics degree (if your uni allows that).
>>
>>961726
>>961661
you are pretty much me anon, that makes me happy
>>
>>>/adv/
>>961520

fuck off
>>
>>961689
>>961726
Pretty much what these guys said but:
>>961661
Econ/Finance if you're driven and passionate about the subject
Math/Econ or Math/Finance if you want to make a decent amount of money out of high school but don't have passion or want to work outside of your 40hrs/week.
>>
>>961661
>>961726
>>961778

Also OP don't forget that you will have a bunch of electives in Finance / Economics, so you can take your Politics classes, and just say on your Resume that you took a bunch of Politics classes as electives, and it'll be fine for your employers.

Most employers just want your GPA, they won't ask for your transcripts, but if you want too, you can bring them in during your interview (a copy of them) and you can use it to talk about your courses you took in Politics, IF YOU'RE APPLYING for a Political Job, but if you're just applying for a Finance or Economics job, then it's just a 'plus' but you shouldn't talk about your Politics background as much.

This is what I'm doing in college right now, except I'm doing a double major in Financial and Business Economics and Political Science.

I'm going to uni full time, and during the Summer term as well to keep up with my major's so I don't have to stay an extra year or two to finish them both, look into this, most universities will allow you to do a program like this, talk to your academic advisors when you're touring universities, and see if they allow it, or see if there's a program like this coming soon that you could transfer into or something.

Good luck anon(s) and OP!
>>
>>961661
Gender studies.
>>
>>961758
he has an interest in the business and finance sector tho?
>>
>>961783
In Australia they normally always ask to see transcript for graduate positions, and care less about GPA. I guess it depends where youre from
>>
>>961661

Probably a BS in CompSci, and tag on the a few more courses for a dual major in Math.

Then go for an MS in economics because you can usually bypass the BA courses and just basically you are taking a year of upper level economic courses.

Take a few political science courses for your minors.

OR... you can do the BS in economics, math. Then get an MS in comp sci. They typically allow you to bypass the BS level stuff and just take the upper level classes. Mix in some polysci in there.
>>
>>961661
Double Major in Computer Science + Mathematics and go back for an MBA from a top business school.

Although remember, formal education is only a small part of the puzzle.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.