[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDTTOT - Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 12

File: 1444560715645.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1444560715645.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
>>
>>961520
1) How do you withdraw money from an index fund account such as Vanguard? Do you just get mailed a check for like $100,000?

2) I know Vanguard deals with over 3 trillion USD, what exactly stops a rogue worker or someone in their company from stealing money?
>>
>>961523
>3 trillion
>what stops them from getting robbed?

Exactly that. They have financial power equal to a world bank; they simply call up the employee's bank and say "he doesn't actually own that, return it" and they will.
>>
If I start an LLC, I have to declare an income that the IRS says is competitive. Wtf does that mean and why can't I just not take a salary to put it in the business?
>>
>>961520
If I ban Muslims from entering my place of business, can i get some sort of insurance discount?
>>
What;s the S&P500 gonna be like in the next couple of weeks?

Need to sell 20,000, not sure if just do it now or wait a till the end of the month.
>>
>>961557
>If I ban Muslims from entering my place of business, can i get some sort of insurance discount?

Not sure but i'd be willing to pay 5% more on prices if you had this guarantee.
>>
File: imm020_21.jpg (380KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
imm020_21.jpg
380KB, 1536x1024px
>>961557
>>961569
can you actually ban certain races or religions or something from entering your store just like that? Saw that in Japan (pic related) but they're all racist as fuck so that was pretty normal I guess
>>
>>961579
>can you actually ban certain races or religions or something from entering your store just like that?

Pretty sure not in the US tbqh.

i remember some cakemakers didn't want to bake a cake for faggots so their store pretty much got firebombed... it's pretty retarded
>>
>>961583
What if it was a safety issue, though, like it is with Muslims? Wouldn't it be more along the lines of not allowing dogs in resturaunts for health purposes?
>>
>>961588
>What if it was a safety issue, though, like it is with Muslims?
>Wouldn't it be more along the lines of not allowing dogs in resturaunts for health purposes?

Doesn't fucking matter.

Gays are statistically MUCH higher to have HIV than Straight people.

Yet when blood donation banks want to ban Gays from donating blood they're being called "homophobic", "bigoted", etc. Even though it's entirely a safety issue so that some guy doesn't wake up after a serious accident and find out he now has HIV from an emergency blood transfusion.
>>
File: 01 1907.jpg (18KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
01 1907.jpg
18KB, 402x402px
If I want to start and run a business (or have a higher position in someone elses), should I take Economics or Administration (Or something else entirely)?
>>
>>961579
In the US this would be completely unenforceable and would also set you up for anti-discrimination lawsuits. The precedents have already been set.

You'd need to be a lot more subtle if you wanted to exclude Muslims (free/compulsory bacon burger with every purchase, maybe?) but it's unlikely you'd be able to leverage something as deliberately vague as that into an insurance advantage.
>>
>>961622
What about something subtle like a no beards policy? I know you can enforce no gang color rules for safety reasons. Why not no turbin or no hijab rules for the same reasons?
>>
>>961631
>Why not no turbin or no hijab rules for the same reasons?

Try it out and see how long your business lasts.
>>
>>961632
I'm in America, not Europe.
>>
>>961639
America is exactly the same if not worse.

Again I bring up what happened to people business' when they refused to make cakes for gay people, or better yet when blood donations banks refused to take Gay blood for safety/health reasons due to exponentially higher rates of HIV in gay men.
>>
File: 1443586509907.jpg (88KB, 825x658px) Image search: [Google]
1443586509907.jpg
88KB, 825x658px
>>961610

Student that has tried Econ, going pure basically sets you up for an advisory position either in government or business. You'll be in a decent position, but not immediately.

Starting your own business can leave you more than broke or get you enough money to grease the wheels of politics.

Personally I went over to a pre-engineering program because I want to start my own business EVENTUALLY, since war is a fact of life and you can make mad dosh getting deals with the military.
>>
I got a reply back from a place I applied to saying that because I have a degree in a science field, I don't show the necessary commitment for the position since it's not short-term.
I'm guessing they think I'm going to grad school. Other than saying I don't intend to go to grad school, what else can I say to convince them that I'm committed?
>>
>>961593
you're actually a retard. donated blood is rna tested either way so banning gay men from donating is just blatantly homophobic.
>>
>>961709
>you're actually a retard. donated blood is rna tested either way so banning gay men from donating is just blatantly homophobic.

>In the United States in 2005, MSM, African Americans, and persons engaging in high-risk heterosexual behavior accounted for respectively 49%, 49%, and 32% of new HIV diagnoses.[6] In 2009 in the United States, African Americans accounted for 47.9% of new HIV diagnoses reported that year, but represented approximately only 12% of the population.[7]

There is a period of time where they can still infect people but the test will be negative, you disease carrying faggot/faggot enabler.

What's the big deal about donating blood? Do fags really even want to do it or is it just more of >muh rights muh freedoms
>>
>>961714
and do you think that blood banks don't allow for the period of detection to pass before testing it? what's the big deal with not being retarded?

why are you even posting this garbage here >>>/pol/
>>
>>961720
go suck an hiv infected dick you faggot

I'm posting it here because someone asked about something related to it, so I brought up that as an example
>>
File: 25e.png (137KB, 555x143px) Image search: [Google]
25e.png
137KB, 555x143px
>>961705
>>961709
>>961714
>>961720
>>961723

Play nice, children.
>>
If I view humans as a resource and don't mind manipulating people, what should I study / what profession should I go for?
>>
>>962061
Professional dicksucker, get started by buying kneepads and interning at the local dumpster
>>
>>961523
The only people who would have access to client accounts would be the financial advisors. To transfer money out of the company to a different bank/broker, you have to fill out an ACATS form (the other bank/broker will not accept the assets otherwise) which requires a client signature and requires the name of the account owner to be the same at both firms. Which means first they'd have to open accounts with their client's names at other banks (which would require fake IDs or passports), then write checks from those accounts to their actual personal accounts.

>>961639
Do people not learn this in school anymore? It's illegal to discriminate in the US based on gender, race, (old) age, or religion, per the Civil Rights Act unless you can prove it's a necessity to the very nature of the business (e.g. a church can fire a pastor who converts to Islam). This isn't something you can get around with weird technicalities either, discrimination law is all subject to reasonable person standards.
>>
Do bussiness self-help books work in order to improve you finantial behavior? or It just a cliché?
>>
File: art-of-interviewing.jpg (116KB, 725x482px) Image search: [Google]
art-of-interviewing.jpg
116KB, 725x482px
Just got a interview for my first "professional" job

I want to impress the interviewer but my whole life I've worked at retail uniformed jobs and never got "style" what is a killer interview outfit for a male interviewing for a I.T position?
>>
>>962193
The principals in a few books helped me out alot like "The richest man in Babylon"
Convinced me that saving a tenth of your earnings was easier then I was making it out to be
>>
>>962217

Open flannel shirt
Denim hot pants
Steel toecap boots.
>>
File: EUR USD.png (180KB, 471x1042px) Image search: [Google]
EUR USD.png
180KB, 471x1042px
When EUR / USD all time low?
>>
How do some people know so much about random shit in fields like finance/programming/etc?

I feel like I practice/learn constantly and procrastinate by reading relevant stuff on reddit/4chan/etc but lots of people I meet just know a lot of random facts or stories while still being good at actual programming or whatever. How do these people find the time to research useless but interesting things while being skilled at the actual topic?
>>
>>962518
Socializing with people that actually want to talk about interesting topics. Don't waste your time talking to dumb people, they only talk about 'bitches', how cool that one car is, etc.
>>
>>962518
because those people dont procrastinate on 4chan and reddit
>>
>>962522
These interesting people are the people I socialize with. Also there's nothing wrong with talking about cars or bitches. You're autistic if you think your life should revolve around work subjects only.
>>962523
Where do these people go to learn all of their trivial knowledge then? I assumed reddit and 4chan would discuss interesting things, but I guess both are more shitposting and complaining
>>
I have 100 dollars. how do i start stock exchange inversion?
>>
>>962528
You can only learn specific knowledge like that from two places:
1. Experience
2. The experienced
Just ask questions of people who are more experienced than you. Or go make the mistakes yourself
>>
Econometrics: is it a sound field full of jobs like I imagine it to be?
>>
>>962632
From what I've heard, it's easier to get a job with an Econometrics degree than it is with just a plain Economics degree.
>>
>>961555
are you using the LLC to hold passive assets or actually performing a service through it?
>>
1. How can interest rates be "priced" into the market.

2. What impedes QE money (other than US for clarity) from being used by banks to buy sovereign debt from other countries, instead of lending it out?

3. How do market makers make money?
>>
>>962852
Doesn't need to be debt, any kind of securities they want to.
>>
Anyone have a marketwatch script to daytrade stocks for small gains? I'm in a competition right now
>>
Is trigga maxo a fake ass nigga or a real OG?
>>
Where would you suggest a beginner go to learn about investing?

Any good/trustworthy sites with an intro to investing?
>>
What is the appeal of penny stocks? Is it the volatile gains that could be made when you dump a large sum of cash into one? For example:

>Buy stock at .10 with $5000 = 50000 Shares
>Stock shoots up to .20 in a few days
>Sell 50000 shares at .20 = $10000

Thats $5000 profit.

Is there anything here I'm missing?
>>
SWIM is a drug dealer. At what level of income should money laundering come into play?
>>
>>961520
In the UK, what's the best things a first year university maths student can do to get into the actuarial profession?
>>
>>964303
Some penny stocks are not liquid.

In your example, simply trying to buy $5000 worth at .10 might shoot the price to .15.

Yes, penny stocks are usually volatile. And yes, what you've described can happen. In your example, the stock is more likely to got straight down to .05. Penny stocks almost always go down in the long run. If you're lucky enough to time their movement constantly, you can make a lot of money.
>>
How do i make freelance money as an artist or programmer?
How does it work?
What's a good site?
>>
File: 1445726513837.gif (4MB, 520x692px) Image search: [Google]
1445726513837.gif
4MB, 520x692px
Can you recommend me any books to understand the current financial markets?

You know, what are commodities, stocks, bonds, futures, swaps, etc, how do they work and where are they traded.
>>
This might be more of an /int/ question, but how do you get started overseas? Southern Africa in particular attracts me.

Should I seek employment with an established Western company in the region in order to acclimate myself?
>>
>>965609
The Talmud
>>
>>965623
You should visit first
>>
Should i get a six sigma cert?
>>
>>965609
Wall Street Journal Guide to MOney and Markets
>>
I want to post a thread about the future of the job market. Asking for speculations and insights in what skills that will be valuable in the years to come, as well as which skillsets that are turning obsolete. Is /biz/ the right place to start such a thread?
>>
>>965628
the memes never stop do they?
>>
>>965678
Depends on what job you're going for and if you've the cash to get the classes
>>
What's a normal amount of return for a mutual fund? I'm seeing a lot with around 3% or so. Should I generally just look for the ones with the highest return and lowest fees?
>>
Going to boot in July.
Need a good bank to travel with.
Any suggestions?
Been looking into USAA.
>>
>>965785
Thanks anon
>>
>>961593
These are completely self reported. Any gay man could donate if he doesn't check the box.
>>
What happens if you don't use your full legal name when signing up for paypal?
Will they find out? Will your account be terminated?
>>
What's the difference between a Savings account and a Money Market account?
>>
How can a dumb guy get relatively wealthy? Like upper middle? IQ of probably about 95 here.

Inb4 you superiority complex all over me
>>
When I go on CNBC.com and look at the bond table, what rates am I seeing? Current yield? YTM?
>>
>>962840
Either one. really a service though.
>>
>>961520
Where's a good place to ask for STEM careers advice? The mods are cracking down on them on /sci/. /biz/ is only appropriate for financial work and those threads get ignored mostly and the recommended /adv/ is shit - at any given time on that board there's only one careers thread, and it dies fast due to being buried by relationship shit often with at most 10 replies.
>>
Why everyone here is so bad at understanding money and markets?
>>
I'm still in college and have a side business that brings me aroun 500€ a month. How much should I save? Is the 20% rule a meme?
>>
Are online savings accounts (AmerEx 0.9% APY) any good? I want to put like 10k away while I look for my first job and learn the stocks on RobinMeme
>>
>>966876
You might try in /sci/
>>
What's the demonym for /biz/?
/biz/tards? /biz/coins?
>>
Do I have to add companies assets to Owner's Equity?

Because my trial balance's debit and credit isn't equal.
>>
>>967513
please help, do I need to increase owner's equity if new assets are purchased?
>>
>>967513
>>967518
help please
>>
File: 1448059805415.jpg (93KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1448059805415.jpg
93KB, 600x900px
I have an idea for a small simple product and want to get it made on alibaba. So right now I only have product description, 3 3d drawings, and length & width measurements. Is this enough to get a sample product made?
>>
is it a good idea to mention being a grader as part of work experience? the class i'm grading for is relevant to what i want to work in
>>
>>967800
Don't just put grader. Did you have a say in the problems? Did you work with the teacher/professor to make the questions up? Did you have to come up with the solutions your self?
>>
How soon will I get a job after learning frontend web development
>>
>>967806
the official title of the position is Student Assistant and yes, I did have to come up with the solutions myself
>>
File: 1447901139783.jpg (66KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1447901139783.jpg
66KB, 500x667px
WHAT'S A FINANCE JOB THAT ISN'T SOULCRUSHING OH FUCK CAPS WELL TOO LATE I'M POSTING
>>
>>967513
please /biz/ness bois
>>
what degree/major will get me loads of money after graduation
>>
>>967830

Liberal Arts Professor
>>
>>967815
Russian mobster
>>
>>967811
Put it if you can show how you're decent at problem solving and dealing with students and other relevant people/team skills. Depends on job, though, but assuming you recently graduated/are in grad school, you should be good with those kinds of "work" experience.
>>
>>967815
God that pussy is so hot
>>
I'm 25. I have 6k car debt that will be paid off by March. I make $40k a year driving a forklift. Other than 401k and savings what can I do to have passive income? I'm not good with my hands, but I'm good with people. I am very patient and don't mind waiting months/years for money to grow.
>>
>>967901
>>967901
If you were from NZ I'd say invest in property. Do you have enough to put a deposit down on an investment property?
>>
>>967908
>>967908
Unfortunately, no but I can in a few months. I'm weary about real estate, though. I'll be getting a promotion in January, same shit, just a different departmen and I'll be making close to 60k. The downside is that during the busy season I have NO extra time so I won't be able to keep an eye on a house/building.
>>
>>967428
>You might try in /sci/
Nope, the mods have been cracking down on it.
>>
Is there a /biz/ sticky or paste in or anything?
>>
>>961520
Poorfag from India

How do i become rich?
>>
>>968259
Poo in the loo
>>
>>967830
Parks Recreation desu senpai
>>
>>968259
Your country will never embrace the loo. You'll have to invent something like a private shitting garden.
>>
>>961560
Forecast 11/23-11/27 60% bullish ranging from $2,070 - $2,110 with an average around $2,080.

Advice - if you plan on selling before the month ends sell ASAP while it's still above $2.080 if you've cleared a profit margin of over 2%. If you've cleared less than 2% paper profits on your position I advise you set your sell target at $2,150 and stop loss at $2,075 and develop a trading strategy that utilizes a higher degree of discretion.
>>
>>962852
>3. How do market makers make money?
By holding out until they get paid more often than they give out before they get paid, usually they can make up losses with profits made trading the spread.

>>964164
Look through Google.com/finance week-daily for a few years until you understand how the market operates and then choose an investment strategy that suits your lifestyle.

>>964303
The appeal of penny stocks is the under-valued market cap relative to potential revenue sources and the ease of taking advantage of short-term stock operation.

>>965792
Taste, patience, risk management and discretion will be the most valuable skills for speculators and investors in the future as monetary policy begins reverting back from artificial stimulus. Technical trading will grow increasingly crude and old indicators will become obsolete as stock market caps mature in their valuations so I would focus on learning how to evaluate fledgling companies for capital allocation and evaluate risk/reward in established companies. These are skills that can be learned through education partially, but not entirely and in when it comes to speculating partial success is usually the equivalent to failure.
>>
>>966362
50% annual returns using concentrating capital and utilizing the concept of liquidity exactly.
>>
>>967088
Save 0 Euros because that monopoly money is going to be worthless one day soon.
>>
>>967830
bmp
>>
Recommend some YouTube tutorials for beginners in Stock market , equity and stuff
>>
What's the best way to buy stuff online? Paypal?
>>
So what exactly is a "broker"? I just watched the boiler room
>>
>>961520

I have 99% utilization on my two CCs. I have the means to pay them off by mid-December. My credit score is 570 atm because of this. If I pay them off, will my score jump back up to mid-700s like it was before my utilization by early January?
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.