[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Invested 20k in oil and steels on november 13th. how fucked am i?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: oil-well-art-d0e8499fbec07478.jpg (234KB, 2048x1016px) Image search: [Google]
oil-well-art-d0e8499fbec07478.jpg
234KB, 2048x1016px
Invested in: Chevron, Ecopetrol, Seadrill, RDSA and arcelormittal, 4k each. I already regret it. how fucked am I?
>>
Oh man, you are so fucked. Sell at the open on Monday.
>>
>>961306
its long term only - dont sell keep it for years
>>
>>961306
I am a dumbass.

The reason is that I say this whenever I have a losing trade: "It's not a loss until I take it..."
>>
>>961306
>Invested 20k in oil and steels on november 13th

SELL
THAT
SHIT
NOW
>>
>>961306
Sell it. You didn't buy at the bottom.

Wait until after the rate hike
>>
>>961306
OP, if you bought on Friday and are thinking about selling on Sunday, stocks are not for you. Oil is a long play that will make you a lot of money if you hold for 2+ years. What happened between Friday and now that changed your mind?

Hold what you have and double down early 2016. Oversupply should correct, mid 2016. Sell mid 2017 for a huge profit. At least hold through winter. A cold winter should spike nat gas, which could be seen as a positive for energy stocks overall and you can take a small profit in Spring 2016.

You should sell Seadrill on Monday and get into a better positioned offshore driller like RIG or NE. I own both. Seadrill will be one of the first OSD to go under.

Dont forget, the stock market is a discounting mechanism. By the time oversupply is cut and contracts are being bid, 50% of the recovery in stock prices will be priced in. If you wait for analysts to tell you to buy, it will be too late. Now is the time to by oil
>>
>>961487
>what happened between Friday
>>
Why in the fuck would you buy Arcelor Mittal?
>>
>>961487
What do you think of OAS
>>
>>961532
I dont know specifics, but looks like an onshore fracker to me. Correct me if Im wrong. I wouldnt touch an onshore E&P with a 30 foot pole. Offshore gives you the longterm security of a contract backlog. There WILL BE onshore bankruptcies. If you feel the need to invest in onshore, look into service companies. They dont carry the same debt as the E&Ps.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.