[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

True genious + hard working or just luck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

What is your opinion, /biz/? How could he become a billionaire? What are his brilliant ideas and inventions? What differentiates him from other guys of reddit, myspace or our beloved 4chan?
>>
hes jewish
>>
>>961212
>How could he become a billionaire?
luck, talent, work
>What are his brilliant ideas and inventions?
marketing
>What differentiates him from other guys of reddit, myspace or our beloved 4chan?
luck, talent, work
>>
>>961217
what I asked is, out of these three things, which has contributed the most for his success?.

I'm trying to understand the success of facebook. The idea of a social network website was not his. Facebook doesnt have any real innovation compared to other social network sites ( as far as I can tell).

>> What differentiates him from other guys of reddit, myspace or our beloved 4chan?
> luck, talent, work

I believe we cannot say he is any smarter or more talents than the other guys. And I also believe the other guys have worked hard too.
>>
>>961223
luck 100 %
luck talent work, but luck trumps all...
but its also true that successful people make their own luck. its not a lottery showered upon you, ever. your haters will say that but its only because they're assholes
>>
File: le jewish merchant.gif (11KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
le jewish merchant.gif
11KB, 501x585px
>>961212
He datamined hundreds of millions of people, if not a billion or two.

That costs incredible money. Why else do you think Facebook earns is worth a ton yet doesn't sell a service or product? Because the product is it's users.
>>
>>961212
>True genious
>genious

whatever it is, you don't have it, Op.
>>
>>961245
some people in this world are not native speakers of English
>>
>>961223
You need all three, so they are equally vital. You can set your life up in a way that makes those three things come easy to you.
>>
>>961240
You should read 'how to fail at almost everything and still win big'
>>
>>961212
There are three kinds of people in the world
1. Those who make things happen
2. Those who watch things happen
3. Those who are wondering what the hell just happened

You should try reading a book instead of going to 4chan for advice on life.
>>
>>961212
Literally nothing. He had an ok idea, he went for it with his buddies, it magically took off and since then his staff have done a good job of expanding and monetizing it. He mostly got lucky, it would be unwse to listen to his advice as someone trying to do well in life since nothing that happened is really a result of his effort or knowledge alone.
>>
>>961270
You are digressing. The topic here is about Facebook, not about me. And you dont know anything about me at all so dont make assumptions.

> There are three kinds of people in the world
> 1. Those who make things happen
> 2. Those who watch things happen
> 3. Those who are wondering what the hell just happened

And this is the pure BS
>>
Right idea at the right time in the right place. Sure seems like luck to me.

Work hard and you can be "successful", have a nice house, car, etc. But you essentially have to win the luck lottery to become a billionaire. Luck is way more important than most would like to believe.
>>
>>961213
he stole the idea dipshits
>>
>>961223
I think one of the turning points was that every social network prior to facebook was based on creating an avatar or an online alias.

facebook broke the mold by getting people to use their actual photos, actual names and all that and it spread like wildfire because just imagine how excited people got when they saw pictures of their best friends and pictures from parties etc online in this world that seemed much more "real" than anything else, instead of seeing their friends as a fucking shitty dog gif avatar with the username rune$cape_king_10
>>
>>961270
NAWLEDGE
>>
>>961255
A non-native speaker has even less excuse to fall into that kind of phonetic trap.
>>
Stole an idea, got rich
>>
>>961312
>Right idea at the right time in the right place. Sure seems like luck to me.
If you don't have talent/ability, you wouldn't even know what's the right idea, the right time or the right place. Same with hard work, you wouldn't even want to endure it if you're just a lazy sack of shit.

Remember Alec Baldwin's speech in Glengarry? Remember what he said nearing the end of it? That's what all of you are, lazy hacks who always blames luck.
>>
File: 1408489916844.png (524KB, 1051x720px) Image search: [Google]
1408489916844.png
524KB, 1051x720px
>>961212

I've got a background in IT, Business Management and Communication Design. Also ex-Navy/Army.

I'm working on project development planning and tracking software that will blow the competition out of the water.

My greatest competitive advantage is intuitive human machine interface and information visualisation.
>>
>>961377
>>961401
this.
>>
>>961386

Myspace was already all that no?
>>
>>961212
Both. Every self made man in world history has had a lot of hard work and at least one stroke of luck. From J.P. Morgan to Otto Von Bismark to Larry Page, all of them worked their goddamned asses off to make their vision a reality, and luck favored them at the right times.
>>
>>961312
Bullshit. Larry Page had a dream. Literally, he drank too much one night and dreamed that he could download the internet. Obviously, he knew he couldn't but he knew he had the seed of a great idea, a system that could index and find anything on the internet, as if it were downloaded. There were webcrawlers and search engines already, but *NOTHING* out there that was like what he wanted to create. He and Sergey Brin created the whole pagerank thing from scratch. Then they had to design systems that would run it (which led directly to the development of rack servers.) Luck was the dream, and after decades of hard work, Page is worth $30 billion and controls more power as a person than many governments do.

Luck is an important part, but only a part.
>>
>>961212

He's a savage and great businessman, but he has done fuckall for humanity.

Social media? wow, great job zucks.

he's on the same level as Kim Kardashian for me.
>>
>>961809
>the edge

He managed to put together a site that made online communities for normies.
>>
>>961452

Facebook had a secret club appeal to it, because it was only available to to those with valid college email addresses, and they had to be real colleges, not community colleges or University of Phoenix meme tier colleges.

Myspace fucked up because instead of just flat out copying it, they tried to turn their site into some kind of music and video hub.

Eventually Facebook lifted the email requirement and everyone on Myspace left to Facebook.
>>
Facebook as a social media site was great compared to myspace and Orkut. It was smooth, non intrusive and focussed on friends and communication rather than music and memes (In the early days).
What made zuckerberg great ?
IMHO genuine programming talent, jewish tactics (fucker stole the idea, but still made a better site than the aryan twins could ever create) and luck, as in lucky he met the right people at the right time (especially Sean Parker) and now has competent people like Sheryl sandberg to run the company.
However zuckerberg is a retard for marrying a chink and watering down his ashkenazi genes.

Also, slightly off topic- Did facebook have the fastest growth in the history of companies ? or are there others who Earned so much in so less time ? (Enron doesnt count)
>>
>>961405
Do you work hard and have talent?
>>
>>961827
Wow, what a pinnacle of human achievement

Great job Zucks, you really contributed to the advancement of the human race
>>
>>962347
>are there others who Earned so much in so less time ?

The South Sea Joint-Stock Company
>>
File: DEF Cap Defender.png (2MB, 2358x1404px) Image search: [Google]
DEF Cap Defender.png
2MB, 2358x1404px
>>961212
you have to be cunning and clever. I have an uncle who became a billionaire in about 25 years (he started with 0)

bought a near bankrupt ISP for 20 grand, sold it 3 years later for 27 million (at the peak of the dotcom bubble early 2000s) just to name something.

He buys up near bankrupt companies, strips them, renames them etc sells the patents etc and makes a lot of money out of it.

He buys companies that make unique products. Like a business that produces certain locking caps for industrial paint spray cans. No other company in the world makes them, so he hiked up the price of those tiny caps with like 500 percent etc.

though he also lost 50/60 million each on some ideas...
>>
>>961212
He's not talented or hardworking. Facebook is one of the most crippled-by-design social networks. I do not use myspace but I'm aware it has more features than FB,and I was never crazy about Google plus but I remember from the earlier days it was launched it had far more customizable and easy to use privacy controls than FB. Wait, it still does.

FB's success is merely that it became exceedingly popular. And I think that happened somewhat accidentally (at least ostensibly), in that it was the new social network and suddenly everyone including your aunts who barely know how to use the computer (and later, your grandmothers as they bought smartphones) suddenly have a facebook account...

So it's "success" is mere popularity. But if you look at the product itself, it's insubstantial and falls behind easily most of its competitors functionality wise.

Now about the "ostensibly" part... Well, we know the NSA shit, but since this isn't /pol/, I'll pretend the political part does not exist, and stick to calling it economically "an accident".
>>
>>961377
The idea was old as fuck.
>>
>>961827

> He managed to create a VR self for people to be shallow as fuck and rep themselves to people they will never even hang out with

ftfy

but hey diet programs are a $50 billion dollar a year industry, cause humanity is dumb as fuck.

yay.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.