[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does Christmas affect the stock market? Retail does well,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1447519619975.jpg (391KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1447519619975.jpg
391KB, 960x1280px
How does Christmas affect the stock market? Retail does well, is this going to bring shit like the S&P 500 up or what?
>>
>>960937
i saw this picture posted on r9k u fucking faggot frogposter go back there
>>
>>960939

I needed a picture to post so I clicked on a random board and saved the first picture.

You're the one that browses there.
>>
>>960937
>is this going to bring shit like the S&P 500 up or what?
Not likely. Christmas is already priced in, so the holiday would only really affect stock prices if sales dramatically outperformed or underperformed expectations.
>>
File: jackingit acacia brinley clark.jpg (36KB, 498x500px) Image search: [Google]
jackingit acacia brinley clark.jpg
36KB, 498x500px
>>960937
Stock market is closed on Christmas, so it has no effect.
>>
>>960937
look at the S&P 500 in years past. christmas makes the market go up
>>
After looking at the s&p500 5yr chart I can say that this anon is wrong >>960953 and that the markets will go up about halfway through December
>>
>>960937
The S&P goes up every month on average except August and September. It goes up by more in December than any other month, but not by that much more than in November
>>
The goyim buy shit they don't need and the markets go up. Christmas is good.
>>
>>961644
>>961171
>>961095

Not exactly. I looked at the graph and it doesn't increase as much as you might think. In fact if we factor in a couple of days of January, the index actually goes down. So I doubt the sustainability of the Christmas hype growth.
>>
Xmas gonna be a dud again this year. People are broke and sales are down for everyone already.
>>
Historically the market goes up around this point, but if your company doesn't hit earnings expectations which already accounts for boosted revenue from this season then it'll decline sharply.
>>
>>961698

I think macro factors need to be taken account of. The fed and Europe will contribute to further volatility and a lot of the asset managers have predicted this.
>>
>>961701
I agree, I was more so speculating on the retail sector. S&Ps all about muh rate hike, China data, & Europe right now.
>>
>>961702

Yah, I have some cash right now in my portfolio so contemplating if I should invest now or wait till the end of the month. If I had the choice, I'd be shorting pretty much all of the indices, especially the Euro Stoxx next week
>>
>>961703
Personally I like Visa, they earn money so long as the consumer spends it. Doesn't matter where.
>>
>>961742

Meh, I am a retail investor in ETFs so not really looking at stocks.

I am monitoring a couple of bond products as well as the Euro Stoxx/FTSE ETFs
>>
>>961691
Why would you include days after Christmas though? Obviously the markets will go down because their aren't as many sales, but the time leading to Christmas it goes up
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.