[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiding assets from spouse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

File: hannah_simone_fb_883822898.jpg (225KB, 1360x1104px) Image search: [Google]
hannah_simone_fb_883822898.jpg
225KB, 1360x1104px
So lots of us are successful or will be successful later in life. Big concern is that you'll get keked by a bitch wife that you thought was the one at some point in time. So in preparation for the future, what's the best way to keep assets protected in the event of a divorce (50+% chance) so the worst damages would be alimony and child support? Basically how do I keep my house and car etc?

My thoughts were creating a trust that only a relative could access. Paycheck automatically funnels into said trust. Relative is the on paper owner of the house and uses money from the trust to make payments. Is that feasible? With somebody trustworthy like parents or siblings?

Pic related. I'd risk marriage for her.
>>
Anything not directly accounted for when it comes to a divorce usually means it's in the hands of someone else. You need someone you can trust. Do you trust your parents with a lot of money, how about your siblings?

You have to realize that legally if you give them this money, they have no obligation to give it back. Ever.

The alternative to this is putting your money into bitcoin and going to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty. Of course you'd need a large amount of money to make this worthwhile.
>>
All I can say is, think before you act.
>>
Why even get married in the first place

It's an outdated concept and there is no incentive for a millennial to get married

If you do choose to marry, then no hymen no diamond
>>
>>958906
Tax deductions
>>
Well the main avenue to protect yourself is the Trust.
You need to set it up before marriage and sometimes before meeting the spouse.
A trust basically divides ownership between 3 parties. The Grantor, The Trustee, and the Beneficiary.

Now trust law is a bit screwy for asset protection, it doesn't work with ascendant or descendant relatives. or people with the same last name b/c its too easy to prove collusion. Aunts uncles and cousins are a different story though.

But all real assets should never be in your name. Your name should be a real pile of debt with close to 0 personal income.

Don't forget to use corporations/llc's
You should never receive salaried compensation. It should be corporate expenses or disbursements. However, there should be a clause in there that you don't control disbursements its the Majority owner another business or trust.

Also it helps to have a nuke button. A buddy of mine worked to get his property subdivided with two cross shaped strips through the middle of his house and sold that to someone he controlled.
So even if taken he can just legally bulldoze through the middle and put up a fence, and destroy the value.

Another way to do this is to have the company own the house and rent it from the company.

Cars imho should be owned personally b/c separation of risk. If she starts getting "unhappy" take out a loan on the car and strip the equity. Not be able to afford it and give them the title. Buy wife more "reasonable" used car

Do it right she'll be paying you alimony and child support.
>>
>>958912
are you Chinese?
>>
>>958910
>Have to financially support a wife and kids costing tens of thousands of dollars a year instead of only yourself
>But muh tax deductions

This only works if your wife is financially responsible, has a well paying job, you're not planning any children and she will never divorce you.
Considering that you posted some semen demon from facebook as your ideal wife she must also have top model looks, never get fat and have sex with you twice a day.

So yeah, good look with that.
>>
>>958920
*good luck
>>
File: 1440969438275.jpg (195KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1440969438275.jpg
195KB, 798x770px
>>958920
She's literally an actress
>he doesn't watch new girl
>>
>>958894
>tfw don't live in a common law marriage state

Feels good mane

Never getting married
>>
>>958894

If the assets aren't yours, they can't be taken from you. Where I live, politicians get away with terrible shit simply because nothing they own is technically theirs.

I'm not sure if shit could actually hit the fan if it was proved that you were the one handling transactions and making use of the assets but, as long as there's people you can trust, that's probably the safest thing to do.

What >>958898 said applies.
>>
This is all very interesting, what type of law does this fall under? Civil law? Or is it more in depth and like Contract law?

Asking because I want to do this type of Law, because it's so interesting.

Also, is it useless to start planning my 'Trust' now, even though I'm like 22? I have a few properties under my control and a business that generates passive income for me, but I don't see myself getting married or anything for another 7-8 years lol.
>>
>>958894
>Getting married yet expecting your wife to steal from you

If you don't trust her why the fuck are you getting married?
>>
>>958986
Everyone likes to think they're on the good half of that divorce rate until one day you wake up and realize you're not. Why sit blind when you can easily plan for a bad storm.

>tell me about life vests
>why go out sailing if you think there's a chance you'll wreck and end up adrift with no boat?
That's you.
>>
>>958994
Hide away some physical assets. Gold and silver bullion can be held off-shore or locally.

Nevada corporations don't have to declare owners or something like that. I looked into it a long time ago. I think there are a few other states like that as well. You can hold your funds in a bank account under that business.
>>
>>958986
Have you ever been betrayed by someone you didn't trust?

No because trust is a prerequisite to betrayal.

Always better to be safe especially when the risk is high and the damages caused would be high.

If they truly love you, they will understand this and also understand any measures you take will mean nothing in the end if the risk never materializes.
>>
File: prenuptial-agreement.jpg (52KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
prenuptial-agreement.jpg
52KB, 300x199px
>>958894

>Fiscally responsible girlfriend
>Two kids
>"Engaged" 5 yrs ago to keep our parents off our backs
>Will never get married
>Not a common law state
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>958994
>>959002
There's a big difference there. Marriage is suppose to be about trust, love, etc. If you have *any* doubt in your mind you shouldn't be getting married.

And really what's the point? What does marriage give you that just a bf/gf relationship doesn't?
>>
>>959007
>engaged for 5 years
Kek. The only thing that's bad is visitation in a hospital and other health care related stuff. Honestly the idea partner would be one that wants to be together forever without the requirement of a ring, an expensive party and a contract that says she gets half my shit if ever she feels inclined to leave. Even for reasons that are her own fault.

Can't wait for gay marriage divorce to be common where courts will have to start making real decisions instead of just fucking over the male partner.
>>
>>959010
If you have any doubt in your mind about the safety of your car, you shouldn't be driving. Why do you need a seat belt?
Etc etc.
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/marriage-rights-benefits-30190.html
>>
>>959011

Yes there are negatives. Hospital visitation is one negative. Slightly lower tax deductions is another. I had to pay for a will. Also, it would be easier to say "my wife" in social situations.

These are minor sacrifices to make in order to avoid losing half my shit in a divorce.
>>
>>959011
That's easily handled by having a Partnership agreement, and a few Power of Attorney letters.

everyone has these rights its not my fault no one explains this shit to them.
Fucking Fags, Fucking Religion ruining muh contracts, by setting shitty defaults
>>
>>959012
That is retarded.

A car gets me to where I need to go, and has an incredibly low failure rate, versus over 50% divorce rate for first time marriages in the US.

The gains from marriage are marginal at best, and shouldn't even discussed because they only offer a net positive in rare situations.

Would you play any sort of game or take a business risk where the chance of losing everything is over 50%? I'm guessing probably not, so why would you get married? A coin toss landing on heads is the same rate of your divorce... Why take that onto yourself?
>>
>>959016
because you can marginalize most of the risk up front.
>>
>>959030
What is the point though? A lot of risk with nothing to gain.
>>
>>958906
i don't want my children to be bastards, around here it's something people notice and it's not something i want to inflict on them. but you're right, if you don't want children or don't care about that there's very little incentive. tax breaks aren't significant enough to account for what could happen when it all goes south.

>>958986
people change. that and a surprising number of people are good at hiding their true intentions from others. people on 4chan are generally more paranoid than most, but out in the real world people are pretty trusting.
>>
>>959010
If you don't have any doubts in your mind, then you aren't realistic and have allowed your emotions to wash away your reason.

Betrayal requires trust. If you didn't fully trust the person, especially in specific areas, then you couldn't be betrayed.

Watching over your shoulder is simply the acceptance of the fact that you know you aren't omnipotent and can make mistakes.

Getting married is a bet that your ability to read people is spot on and I wouldn't trust many people to have that level of skill. Even the ones who are great at it especially when you become personally involved in what's happening. Everyone's judgment falters to some extent when they have a personal stake in something and it's even greater when that stake is emotional.

This is the difference between a man and a woman. A man reasons things through while women act on emotions. In your quest for companionship or sex, you have allowed your emotion to take over your reason. If you think on it for a while with an unemotional mind, I am sure you will come to the same conclusion.
>>
>>959014
>>959067
You can still have a wedding, say your vows, wear rings and call her your wife. Nobody in social situations would even know, this only matters for legal things.
>>
I looked into this and this is Australian law, but probably still applies elsewhere.

You can create a trust, but if you are the only controller of that trust then the courts will treat the assets as your own. You need to find someone you can trust and create a trust with both of you listed as directors and having equal power, this has held up in court because legally your trusted co-director has as much control over the assets as you do.
>>
>>959016
You've added some key words that aren't true to a statistic that was never explained properly by the media.

The statistic you are referring to where over 50% of marriages result in divorce did not count only people who have married once. It included everyone which meant including some people who have been divorced 4 or more times.

The actual statistic for first time marriages ending in divorce is substantially lower. The rate of divorce exponentially increases after the first divorce.
>>
>>958894
Just don't fucking marry
>>
>>959085
Oh sorry you're right only a 23% chance of divorce silly me, that's nothing so let's get gay married right now anon.
>>
>>959095
I don't know why you continue to spread misinformation without getting your facts straight.

First you lie and then you dismiss the lie as if it were no big deal and introduce a new lie.

If you looked further into it, you'd notice that that statistic too is affected by outliers. Specifically, blacks and mexicans have much higher rates of divorce than other races.

The divorce rates for first time marriages for the rest of the races is actually much lower than that 23%.

There are also other circumstances that raise or lower the chance of divorce. If you do your research, you can probably lower your specific chances even lower than the average.

Perhaps you should actually attempt to acquire knowledge about a subject before you angrily post your opinion on it as if it were fact.
>>
>>959106
I don't know who you think I am, but it's clear you don't check ID tags. There are multiple people disagreeing with you.
>>
>>959106
I'm not even him but anyway regardless of searching for statistics for hours, it all comes down to Marriage simply not being worth it.

Tons of lose, nothing to gain. Why bother with it?

Do you really think you're going to remain attractive to your wife, and your wife will remain attractive to you 10+ years down the line?

Women tend to look like absolute shit past 35, stretchmarks, 30lb+ overweight, non-tight pussies, saggy breasts. The amount of sex after marriage seems to decrease yearly as well.

Really though, do you really want to be plowing the same pussy every day for over a decade? Shit gets old quickly f a m. And that's assuming she actually wants to, rather than saying she's "tired" all the time whilke sucking her younger coworker's dick
>>
>>959110
Yes that was my mistake. My apologies. However, the point still stands.
>>
>>959110

>there are multiple blue pilled FAGGOTS in this thread

>2015
>trusting the daughter of eve

stay poor
>>
>>959084
Trusts are very complicated and old legal agreements. They are extremely flexible.

There are professional trustees/directors that can only act if you give them permission.

Please Get two attorneys. 1 Divorce attorney and 1 asset protection attorney and sit them down in a room together, and have them compete to seize/protect assets, maybe have an accountant around.

>>959036
Social and Political Capital
>>
somewhat related

http://www.seductivereasoning.com/
>>
>>959114
You and I have a very different outlook on the matter. It is apparent to me that you've either been hurt in the past or never found something that was worthwhile.

I'm sorry that's how your life has gone. However, I do not date women and certainly would not marry one based on looks alone. Physical attraction is how things may start but it is not what keeps people together. You have put almost all the worth of the relationship on sex based on your post. This is an extremely unhealthy view of what relationships are.

If you are getting married to someone because you think it's free guaranteed sex and that person is attractive, then I would agree that it is not worth it and would theorize that your rate of divorce would be substantially higher than the average person.

If you want to find someone to marry, you are looking for a companion. A friend you can trust and be open with more than any other person. If you are not friends, then you are setting yourself up for failure.

From personal experience, I have turned down sex many times because I had no interest in the person. Some were very attractive, others were not. I have found sex to be meaningless if you do not actually care for the person. It's nothing you couldn't do yourself to great effect.
>>
>>959127
>If you want to find someone to marry, you are looking for a companion. A friend you can trust and be open with more than any other person. If you are not friends, then you are setting yourself up for failure.

Why would I ever want or need a female companion?

What can women do better than men can? - The only downside is men don't have a vagina and breasts, which I am attracted to. If they did I would literally never personally speak to a woman again in my life.
>>
>>959129
It sounds like you're speaking from a point of pain. I'm sorry for that.

I'm not advocating that you should get married. I'm only saying you've made it seem much worse than it really is.

If you want to only deal with men you're entire life, that's your choice. However, I don't see the wisdom in completely alienating one sex just because. You may find a companion you like on either side of the fence but you'll never know if you aren't at least open to it.
>>
>>959133
Sounds like buyer's remorse tbqh. Enjoy your inevitable divorce/cu cking/etc.

I have never seen anyone married for 5-10 years or longer(but the problems tend to start about there) that would be worse off not married. Seriously your wife gets fatter and uglier every year, has less and less sex with you, says dumb shit, constantly on your balls about your hobbies and how much you shouldn't enjoy them, etc. - Why? Why put up with that?
>>
>>959147
Your views about life and relationship are pretty sad.

Marriage isn't about becoming and ridicule stereotyped version of everybody loves Raymond or love and married.
I do know personally various married couples that are happy and way funnier than a lot of my younger unmarried friends.
Also your views about women are those of an ultimate gentleman. Getting a lower sex drive or busting your nuts aren't genetically programmed features of women. As much as becoming abusive/alcoholic or obnoxious arent for men. These people exist and they are just douches so don't marry them.
Men get fat and bald as they age, women get fat and have saggy tits, it's the way it is for all of us.

One of you made comparisons with business, and I think it's a very pertinent one. Marrying is getting a business partner, sometimes things don't go as planned and you have to end it but it doesn't.mean you cannot be adults about it and each assume your responsibilities. Of course sometimes the guy bail on you and rush with the money or leaves you with incredibly high debts and ruins your life. But usually you try to avoid to become partner with such a person.

Same for a wife, maybe things won't work out but, if you have maried the right one chances are shell be an adult and won't just fuck you over.
Of course a divorce will take a toll, but if the house is yours or has been bought by your work some are mature enough to accept it and not sue your ass over getting half of it.

Also last advice, marry a working girl, someone who is independent financially. Because if she's at home, she won't be employable later and she's making a sacrifice that you will have to pay for . in case of divorce she will have little to no financial ressources and then its easier to claim half of everything.
>>
>>959171
Oh how silly and naive.

Why you're working she's sucking Jamal's dick. I can't wait until you get divorced and lose half your shit, lose your kid(s), and have to pay child support.

Tell me how great women and marriage is then, I'll be waiting right here.
>>
>>959177
>I'll be waiting right here.
At least one part of your tirade is true.
>>
>>958894

put asset under your mother's name
>>
>>958894
OP, if you have assets that need to have a registered owner, eg real estate, car, boat, etc, you need a New Mexico LLC. The state of NM doesn't require any personal details of the owners of the company as long as they don't do business in the state. Set it up through an agent, and there is no way to trace it to you. Literally, whoever has physical possession of the company certificate owns the company, and the assets registered in the company's name.
>>
>>959129
Women do have a great deal of to offer besides sex. I'm sorry you haven't experienced the privilege.
There is a great deal of ordinary genius there. The marriage laws are archaic and toxic, but by no means does that impact women.
I think you've fallen for the meme about women being emotional. The truth is men are far more emotional then women and because of that they know how to handle it better. Women are far more logical then I think you are giving them credit for, but you'd have to put yourself in the position of weaker and smaller creatures to understand the logic.
Like some motherfucker said, Seek first to understand then to be understood.
I think you've never gotten to know a quality woman who cares about her partner and friends.
Also your minor conflict resolution skills seem to be lacking. Take some advice from Prez Clinton. Go through a mental checklist when dealing with people, how much sleep has this person had, do they need to eat something, is somebody bugging them, etc... before engaging in serious discussion.
Unless you're a brony, no girl is gonna bug you about your hobbies, unless you've gone off the deep end. They're Minerals Mary.
>>
>>>>959177
It's been seven years, all of them incredible.
Of course the kids have changed things but that's part of the deal.
I'm not saying that I will never divorce, you can never be sure as things change a lot across the year. But I know I trust.my wife to be an adult about if things were to go south. Some stuff is mine and result from work and business opportunities previous to our wedding and she will never say a word about it. The rest, we built it together so she has a right to her share, that's normal. If she was to get the custody of the kids it'd be normal that I contribute to raising them financially. It would cost me.to raise them anyway.

I'm not saying that you should get married or that everybody should. I am just refuting your "marriage is instant death and bankrupt because women are lazy gold diggers that will.fuck you over and refuse to suck your dick once they have a ring on your finger"
Gold diggers and shitty marriage exist but they aren't the majority and they are some pretty happy folks around too. I know, I am one of them.

So I'll come back and let you know how things are going. If you haven't committed suicide after shooting up a school or drowned in mountain dew and cheetos.

If you don't trust a bitch don't marry her, the same as don't so business with people you don't trust.
And if you want to have a safeguard, get a prenup. It's much more mature and intelligent than setting up trusts with some aunt as the manager (also why trust your aunt or your uncle.more than a women you love? Courts are filled with relatives suing each other about stupid shit)
>>
>>958910

If I told you there was a casino game, with a 50/50 chance of winning or losing, and that winning would give you 3% of your total chips, but losing takes 50% of your chips, would you say that is a worthwhile wager?
>>
Also, depending on the country but marriage has its objective perks:
>automated recognition of your children as yours
>tax deductions
>rights of visitation or medical decision (organ donation, surgery etc)
>inheritance
>insurance and healthcare benefits
Of course you can do without it and most of it is social reconnaissance. Also its kinda cool to know you are bond by a contract with your loved one. But that's me.

We got married in a small Caribbean island, with a dozen close people. Her parents paid for everything so we could get a good start with no debt.
Honeymoon was a month of sailing both of us on a small boat from French Antilles to Colombia.

Not everybody has a shitty life like the one you see on tv
>>
>>959197
Given the legal precedence of prenups being wholly arbitrarily discarded. vs a sophisticated trust, I'd disagree on that point.
You'd have the prenup as well.
But trust law is extremely flexible almost to the point of if you can dream it you can put it in a trust agreement and it be legally binding, so long as the basic parameters are followed.
You can also hire professional trustees to Manage the assets.
Trusts and Partnerships are the two oldest legal contracts and have a great deal of case law behind them to uphold precedence and judges have very little say in the matter.
>>
>>958906
>hurr durr I'm 18 and I know everything!
>>
>>959200
>marrying for money
>not being a third world sandnigger

The sheer fact that you compare marriage to a casino game shows how fucking asperger you are.
If you don't want to marry it's okay dude, but don't try too hard to justify yourself with fedora worth calculations or infographs from /pol/.

The rationale behind being married is not about money. If you stick to potential gains then pretty much no social relation is "worth it" in terms of ROI.
When deciding to spend your life with someone you love and build a family with said person, there are other things that come into play that so not fit in your dogecoin yield spreadsheet.
>>
>>958894
>Pic related. I'd risk marriage for her.
>Hannah Simone
>net worth in the millions of dollars

I dont think thats a risk bc she wont be interested in your 100 dollar bill
>>
>>958920
My friend and I thought about getting married for tax reduction. We are both guys.
>>
Just dont get married

/thread
>>
>>959266
Don't call /thread on yourself. It's a compliment. You're like a fag who calls himself good in bed. You're not the one who makes that call.
>>
>>958894

You? Get divorced? No way!
>>
>>959276
I'll do as i please

/thread
>>
>>959078

Bad idea. The courts will see us as married, even in states without common law marriage. I can't find it now, but this happened in California.
>>
>>959011
Omfg
>marry a guy
>get tax deductions
>still screw a whole bunch of bitches each
>>
>>959225
>The rationale behind being married is not about money.
Say that when you've been divorced and you've lost at least half of your shit. The person you responded to is making a very valid point even if you think he sounds autistic.
>>
>>959533
If it was about tax deduction or making money you'd sign a business agreement or start a fund or whatever.
Marriage is a legal contract recognizing a very old social norm in order to give juridical protection to unions between persons and the resulting kids. It's basically made to encourage families.

So checking the tax deduction against the odds of divorce is a pretty moot point. It's like saying the ROI of having a party at your home is bad because people bring less than what they consume. And advocating only retards and keks throw parties.
The rationale behind throwing them is not to accumulate money or bottles but spend a good time with your friends.
Same as the rationale behind getting married is not about money.

It's definitely something that impacts and that you need to consider, of course. But if you need to make elaborate schemes in order for this person not to fuck your life, you should not marry her/him in the first place.
Because if you can't trust this person, and let them know you don't trust them, with such basic and fundamental matter how can you trust them about any of the other gazilion thing that are tremendously important in a marriage?
Like not fucking your neighbour? Or not leaving your infant in a closed car, not spewing rumours about you around or telling your secrets.
In order for your relation to be any bit healthy you will need to trust this person and hand yourself to them, put yourself at their mercy, in many more ways than just financially.
So if you are not ready to do it, just don't.

Also as I said, marrying someone with a stable.income and who wish to maintain it is a safe bet.
Even if you make a bit more, in the end you'll only lose a fraction of what you earned by yourself since she contributed a lot to the household.

Tldr: you guys are autistic, get a girlfriend that's not a total whore plox
>>
>>958906
You're right, these days you can get fucked up and just for living with a girl though because that counts as 'supporting them financially'
>>
>>958894
This is why marriages don't last anymore. No trust in each other from day one. It's destined to fail. I support my wife and kids financially because I'm a man and not a beta faggot like yourself. And my wife will never leave me, because I wear the boots. Men need to pull the reigns in on their women and gain control again.
>>
Prenump.

Wont get wed without one
>>
>>959127
God dammit why are women always so fucking long winded about Muh feelings.

Jesus Christ just call anon a faggot and move on
>>
>>958894
>liquidate select assets
>invest acquired funds into gold bullion
>open a banking account in the caymen islands
>place gold bullion in said account
>gubmint/bitch wife can't do shit

alternatively:

>liquidate select assets
>invest acquired funds into gold bullion
>put it all into a locked safe
>bury it in the woods
>tell no one
>gubmint/bitch wife can't do shit

>mfw supreme financial security all my life due to these genius plans, also because my wife won't be a blood sucking, gold digger whore
>>
File: tumblr_npfguwGCaP1u1hxpzo1_250.gif (111KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npfguwGCaP1u1hxpzo1_250.gif
111KB, 250x250px
>Not getting married isn't an option because of the uncontrollable urge to make babies.

>using the money you have to buy the highest quality of fleshlights, a realdoll or an escort is just incomprehensible.

>Getting married to a fillipino mail order bride is an absolute requirement

FAGGOTS LIKE OP SHOUDL BE FUCKING CASTRATED AND SHOT REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>959746
I'm not a woman and it's kind of sad that you can't distinguish between discourse and "muh feelings".
>>
>Divorce is inevitable
>Cash everything
>Put cash under mattress
>Start making up a "gambling habit"
>Tell said wifey you lost all the cash in vegas
>divorce
>she gets nothing
>cash in mattress

hehe
>>
>>959208
That depends on the state. Some states give the judges complete power over what get divided and to whom it goes to.

Other states require judges to follow contracts as long as they haven;t violated a law of some sort. An example of this would be California. Judges are required by law to enforce the prenup as long as it "doesn't encourage divorce" which is fairly well documented at this point and easily avoided.
>>
>>959786
>>Not getting married isn't an option because of the uncontrollable urge to make babies.

What? Nigga it's 2015, just looking at your bank account negates the "urge" to make babies.
>>
>>958906
Had me up to no hymen no diamond. Robots and /r/redpillers are just as bad as smuts.
>>
>>959942

I'm Muslim, and our women are materialistic and superficial as fuck. They love drama and arguing over nothing. The only women worthy of marriage are Asian doctors, excluding Indians. Too much family drama with them. The rest are worthless leeches.
>>
File: 1391911876611.gif (1MB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
1391911876611.gif
1MB, 301x300px
>Marry for that 1-2% less taxes
>50% chance you will lose half your stuff

Gee, I wonder which option is better for your finances
>>
>>960056
>The only women worthy of marriage are Asian doctors.
>Too much family drama with them

Pick both and then kill yourself before you marry into an Asian family. Save yourself the headache.
>>
>>959925
What is this board called?
Is it /adv/?
Is it /relationships/?
Is it /Muh discourse about feelings/?

Please don't talk to me about being able to distinguish, this board is not the place for this type of discussion. You're now just shitposting.
>>
>>959761
>don't marry a gold digger/ blood sucker
>sabv a lot of time and money by not having to set up a cayman island account
>?????
>profit
>>
>>959501
When gay marriage becomes legal in my country I'm marrying one of my guy friends for the tax benefits
>>
>>960065
Wow are you like 16?
Didn't you learn already than shouting stupid things repeatedly is not making them any truer or convincing anybody?
Exactly like rolling on the floor crying isn't going to get girls in your bed.

As I explained in details here:
>>959635
Marriage is not about business and money, the same as adopting a pet is a retarded idea on a finance point of view. Yet, even if you are just spending shitload of.money on a bag of meat that has a 100% chance of dying , a lot of people chost to anyway because the rationale behind it is not if the investment is savy or not.
Surprisingly some people get utility out of relationships. But only the "Normies" get that I suppose.

So now if you want to talk pure figures, at least try not to talk out of your ass
Let's get down to business for you and the other autist
>>960088

The divorce rate across america is indeed around 50% but that doesn't mean that 50% of marked people end up getting raped by a bunch of lawyers. Actually only 90% of divorce go through court as in some States you can do it from mural consent and download the papers online (500 USD at max all included).
Of those 90% 80% are uncontested divorce (according to Canadian stats which I suppose are close to the us). Same as above but even if you consent and agreed on anything in some states you have to go through court. A few thousands USD of fees.
So then you have the remaining 20% which are the ugly one decided in court.where your trustfund might come in handy.
That's 20% * 90% * 50% = 9% of all marriages.

And now that's considering all marriages are equal and you have a random chance of marrying the crazy sluts. That's a hell of an assumption. It pretty.much means you consider that your wedding have as much chances of success than the one of the retarded drunk guys in front of Elvis at Las Vegas.

In the end, even if this calculation is far from perfect it's still more precise than your muh-50%
>>
File: 1437105844027.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1437105844027.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>958894
>getting married
>waifuism
>>
Credit default swap. Hedge against your own success.
>>
>>960156
Kekd
>>
>>958906
/thread
/this discussion forever

>"Hey /biz/ I'm about to sign off half my wealth to a person who sometimes cries and doesn't know why, how do I protect myself?"
>>
>>960259
>but muh love :^)
>>
>>958894

I'm an entrepreneur. I showed my GF how it's done. Occasionally we work on projects together. We each also have our pet projects.

I know it sounds strange, but I'm not even concerned about losing half my physical assets. (I wouldn't, because of jurisdiction, but even if I did) At a maximum, it would set me back five years.

Too much loss aversion makes you a bad investor. Not enough loss aversion makes you a bad investment. I haven't reached the point yet where I could say I could start again from scratch, but I'm not really far off (I think). I'll see how Q3 goes for one of my side projects.

Now I can see how you might have problems if you're a trader or something, or worse, an employee or small business owner somewhere saving for retirement or some imaginary critical mass that you believe will "set you up for life"
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.