[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Financial Analysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1761.jpg (41KB, 336x240px) Image search: [Google]
1761.jpg
41KB, 336x240px
Any financial analysts on /biz/ want to share what it's like? It sounds like a decent job, but I hear that a good portion of them work very long hours, and honestly if that's the case, I'd rather work in a less well-paying career like market research if it means a 40ish hour work week. Anyone in the field and working a normal week? Working over? What are other similar jobs that maybe pay less but have more standard schedules?
>>
>>922191
Bump
>>
>>922191
Come on you fags. As much as you talk shit about different jobs, none of you actually work in a this field?
>>
bump, im going to finance degree next year with this same path in mind, i wanna know if im not fucking up
>>
I do financial analysis for the state. I work ~40, but really only like 10 on a busy week. The work is boring but the free time is very valuable. Currently training myself for more advanced work. Comfy, but I want to advance and do things that actually use my brain.
>>
>>923261
See, that's what I want. I value free time a hell of a lot. I assume since it's public you get paid less, though?
>>
>>923261
how's the job like? any big future prospethics? career advancements? country you are from? thinking about changing business, creating your own, thinking alot during your free time?
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 400x265px
>>923261

> financial analyst for the state

Stopped reading there
>>
>>923269

I get paid less but the benefits are incomparable to private sector...except crazy google tier benefits. I've my own office, a nice computer, and right now I'm learning programming.

>>923763
The upside is that it's low-stress and the downside is that it's low-stress. I have to seek out learning opportunities and sometimes my motivation tanks...which leads to less-valuable experience. I'm in the US. I've thought about going to private industry and there are plenty of opportunities to do so...literally hundreds of available positions. Advancement happens by default; whether I learn anything, the years spent in somehow justify senior positions and management but uh...I'm already capable of that. The biggest downside for me is that I really need to use my creativity to solve problems and I don't really do that. I small collection of rote procedures compose almost all of my job duties.

>>923778
Cool zipmeme reaction pic man
>>
>>923863
How'd you land the job?
>>
>>923930

I started as a general admin 2.5yrs ago. Three promotions later and here I am. I learned how to work the bureaucracy. I'm due for another change very soon.
>>
>>923935

Oh, and there were ~200 applications for that position. I applied blindly, interviewed and got the job.
>>
There are better things you can do with a finance degree
>>
>>924113
Like what? Im in my first year...share your eisdom
>>
If you don't want to sell your 20's for 60-80 hour weeks don't work in finance. Any of the big companies (JP, Goldman, Deutsche, HSBC etc.) will have their graduates pumping out 70 hours a week for the first few years before you make associate.

The quality and progression potential of the job you land is inversely proportional to the amount of free time you'll have. Work will be your life, whether you like it or not. I remember one of the associates telling me a few years ago about a time he was so swamped at work he literally got a taxi back to his house, left the meter running so he could shower and hopped back in with a thermos full of coffee.

Source: I work as a front end IB for JP Morgan.
>>
>>924472

If I could go back, I'd honestly just do an electronic/electrical engineering degree. They take plenty of talented engineers in finance if you can woo them at the interview stage and if you're tired you can easily make the switch.
>>
>>924472
how's the pay, though? how long to make into more advanced positions? i dont mind working 80 hours a week, as long as im a billionaire by 70s or 80s. are you thinking about self employing?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.