[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buy Low Sell High

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Serious question, why doesn't every buy/sell when the moving average lines cross?

Or is this just more bullshit astrology?

Example from today.
>>
Cause the moving average lines keep moving around. I don't know. Hindsight is 20/20.
>>
>>3511362
>why doesn't every buy/sell when the moving average lines cross?
>>
>>3511362
because then people will try to beat the people doing that

that's why everytime a pattern exist and get success it disapears soon

a long time ago there were periods in the year where market would go down and other up, every single years for decades

of course people got rich by doing it before the others, then every one did it

that's why all memes like dead cat bounces or triangles or fibonacci have a name, but don't matter anymore
>>
>>3511432
>dead cat bounce a meme
People try to buy low to sell high later and that stops the crash for a little bit, it's not a meme.
>>
thats how the simplest bots work. but if you try to beat the system, you will loose money in long term.
>>
it doesnt work due to fees. if trading was free, you could totally do this
>>
>>3511660
>it doesnt work due to fees
what simple anon here is trying to say is that you'd need to use large sums to make this worth it, since the gains will be small, so those small gains will have to also cover the transaction fees and whatever losses you might have to go through

even with small amounts like 0.1BTC trades, fees on kraken are about 1 euro, at least that's what I get charged
>>
>>3511836
Know where has the lowest fees?
>>
>>3512321
you're real close anon
just a week or two more on /biz/ and you will become a full retard
hang in there
and don't think
just don't think for yourself
no matter what
>don't

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_currency_exchange
>>
>>3512360
So you don't know or...?
>>
>>3512360
Oh shit I didn't see that the link has fees. Okay. Just need to write my bot in javascript
>>
>>3511362

Because the efficient market hypothesis proves that it's impossible to time the market. The best thing you can do is by a representative share of every coin on the market, according to magnet cap.
>>
>>3511362
Because the market isn't some magic machine that will always oscillate in the same way. There is an infinite number of reasons why people would act in a way to break the pattern of oscillation you are noticing.

You won't find much use in technical analysis unless you already have a deep knowledge of what you are trading and are confident in your trades based on a sound and rational study based on facts and logic.

But this is crypto so who the fuck knows. Get at least one bitcoin so if it does become the next USD you will be in the top 0.3% of people (that is if the world governing body doesn't just set up the fed ponzi scheme again by controlling the blockchain and rewriting the rules).
>>
File: file.png (6KB, 412x272px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
6KB, 412x272px
>>3512440
>javascript
I fucking hate you millenials and your shitty framework of the week
>>
>>3512455
Take the bait anon, why don't you

> Implying that your language decision will have any noticeable difference on trade speed above network latency.

> Implying that I'm not going to be running the bot on latest V8 in the same datacenter as the exchange anyway
>>
>>3512484
>on latest V8 in the same datacenter as the exchange anyway
ok ok I chuckled, good sport anon
>>
>could have bought at 3K and sold at 3800 by just following meme lines
>>
>>3512650
>>3511362
i think those lines move afterward, so you cant see them at the time of the trade
>>
>>3512870
Then what is the point of this thread
>>
>>3512931
the guy was asking why people cant just do something, i just answered that for him.
>>
>>3511362

I just put orders 1 unit before the cliffs on the depth chart and leave it.
>>
File: tumblr_o8im483cOU1slvqiko1_500.gif (2MB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8im483cOU1slvqiko1_500.gif
2MB, 500x254px
>>3511362
that is called traditional trend following, and you can easily back test such systems. they are pretty bad in general with low win rate and 99% of times used with hindsight bias meaning the parameters of the averages are adjusted afterwards to the past price movements which means that is not a trading strategy at all
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.