[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Credit Card?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: expensive_credit_card.jpg (26KB, 450x242px) Image search: [Google]
expensive_credit_card.jpg
26KB, 450x242px
Alright so I'm not huge into credit cards or buying things on credit. I've done it in the past just to boost my credit score.

I want to buy a decent engagement ring. I have $1000 cash saved up and I'd like to get the best credit card possible to put the rest on and pay off asap.

What is the best credit card out there? My current credit score is 756. I'm not really especially interested in travel benefits and miles and things. I'm more interested in not getting slammed with fees and high interest. I just want to be able to put a few thousand on a card and then pay it off with few strings attached as possible. Can anybody help me?

I've been googling it and it just leads me in 50 different directions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>3503991
>borrowing from ((((them)))) to buy a womyn a superficial trinket that represents your unhealthy dependency on another human

this thread is hell your life is hell you are hell
>>
>>3504046
B-but you get them points and your jew masters think youre a good goy....
>>
lol is this bait
>>
>>3504127
op here, literally not bait, just a simple question

what is the most no strings attached low or no fee low or no interest credit card out there?
>>
>>3504273
Here's some good advice, if you're so broke you only have 1k to your name, don't spend every last penny you have on a ring, Jesus fuck

But I think there are some finance nerds on YouTube that make monthly vids about the latest and greatest credit cards, so check there
>>
>>3504332
i'm not broke at all. i pay my bills, save a little bit, and have some left over for whatever i want. i have little debt and no kids. i pay a very low monthly rent.
>>
>>3503991

Get one that gives you discounts / benefits like cash back
>>
>>3504363
>"b-but I'm doing okay!"
>renting

dude you are delusional and you will always be poor. Don't marry a female and bring her into this shit
>>
File: 1396372180534.jpg (158KB, 1234x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1396372180534.jpg
158KB, 1234x1080px
This is probably bait, but some people really are this stupid.
>>
>>3504595
don't marry a man and bring him into your debt, fat lesbian.
>>
>>3504595
we have about 6k saved up together for a down payment on a house, which we are shoveling more money into every month. currently looking to move to another state so we're just waiting to save up at least 10k. i make 50k a year and i pay $450 fucking dollars per month in rent, total. Explain to me how I'm not doing fine. Would you rather I was paying 2.5k a month for a mortgage, utilities and taxes plus all of life's other expenses and not be able to squeeze 20 dollars out of my ass cheeks for savings so i can actually get somewhere in life and do other things?

put your autism aside for 5 fucking seconds and realize that quality of life does not mean owning over renting and income over amount saved
>>
>>3504752
what's stupid about putting a purchase on a credit card with full intention to pay it off without interest knowing you have every capability of doing so? also with the sole intention of saving a little time as opposed to saving all of the cash up and using it to boost your credit score even more?

i'm not the kind of person who gets a credit card so they can buy food and make minimum payments to the fucking grave, i made that clear from the beginning. honestly tell me what is stupid here. credit cards do have a purpose if you aren't a fucking moron
>>
>>3504841

>poverty tier savings
>wants to get a credit card so he can buy a totally overpriced ring with no real value that she wont even wear for long
>already planning to add much more debt for a house, its not like anything bad ever happens that way

You are poor, you are currently in debt, and you want to add more debt so you can buy a much too expensive, short-lived ring. Thats stupid. Deal with it.
>>
>>3505129
what is your suggestion for an alternative?

and just to note, i don't plan on spending more than 3k on a ring. most guys spend at least twice that. i can pay it off in 6 months to a year.
>>
>>3505638

How about you buy a cheap ring?
Its not rocket science.
>>
>>3503991
>I've done it in the past just to boost my credit score.
What?
>>
>>3505669
Because i've learned this far in my life to not do things half-assed. Buy once cry once. I don't want to be 50 and look back and say man i wish i could have given her something better. She deserves better than a cheap ring.

Plus, we're talking a few thousand dollars. It's not like I barely have the money to pay it off. The whole reason i want to put a few thousand on a credit card is to save the time it would take to save it all up front.
>>
>>3503991
>I want to buy a decent engagement ring.
Save instead of buying it on credit. You and your soon-to-be fiance can wait a month or two until you have that $2500-$5000 in cash that you want to spend.

Your credit score is fine right now, no reason to try to boost it desu.
>>
>>3505709
a month or two?

I'm the only one paying for it. it would take more than a month or two to save up $2500-$5000. I'm completely financially independent, i pay all of my bills and life expenses. Not a penny from mommy and daddy, unlike a lot of people my age
>>
>>3505707

Maybe you should have learned to not spend money you dont have on stupid shit you dont need, especially if the ring wont be worn long anyway.

But if you really want to be poor all your life, go for it. Blow your money away on a dumb temporary ring and act like thousands of dollars are nothing to you when you have fuckall and youre currently in debt.
>>
>>3505737
why do you keep saying 'won't be worn long' and 'temporary ring'?

child of divorce projecting much?
>>
>>3505749

Because im intelligent enough to know that engagement rings are replaced by wedding rings, another expense your dumb ass will spend several thousand dollars on that you dont have.
>>
>>3503991
buy zirconia anon, unless she is a radiologist, she wont know the difference
>>
>>3503991

Wraith Protocol is gonna make Verge have credit cards...
>>
>>3505765
so tell me something. why are you calling me stupid if i want to spend like $2500 on an engagement ring, a total sum that i'm telling you really doesn't hurt me in the long run, when almost everyone else spends over twice that amount?
>>
>>3504793
mother fucker, bitch nigger. You are poor as shit if you can't afford the whole payment of the ring. What you going to do with the wedding use credit as well?
Nigger, no. Buy something for yourself if you want to boost your credit. Otherwise just buy the ring with your credit card and pay the balance off normally.

You will destroy your credit by having a running balance with interest.
>>
>>3505804

a) because it WILL hurt you and you are too stupid to realize it, especially if you want to buy a house with some tiny deposit
b) "everyone else" either has more money than you (which frankly isnt much of an achievement) and/or is also stupid
Over two thirds of Americans are overweight or obese, most people are stupid and cant control themselves.

But again, if you really want to spend thousands of dollars on the temporary ring before you buy another one for several thousand dollars although you have a track record of being absolute shit at saving, do it.
>>
>>3505833
>You are poor as shit if you can't afford the whole payment of the ring

so you're saying i'm poor because i can't pull 6 thousand fucking dollars out of my pocket at anytime? there are VERY few people on this fucking planet that can do that

>Nigger, no. Buy something for yourself if you want to boost your credit. Otherwise just buy the ring with your credit card and pay the balance off normally.

i don't even understand what you are trying to say there. I AM trying to just put a ring on a card and pay it off, quickly, without being hit by interest

>>3505876
>you have a track record of being absolute shit at saving

what the fuck are you even talking about? i'm exactly the fucking opposite
honestly, are you getting your threads confused?
>>
Lol this is pretty funny even if it isn't bait.

Listen OP this board is full of nerds that value money over women so they're obviously going to be hostile to someone not valuing their personal finance higher. Just go to reddit and stay poor haha.
>>
>>3505967

You are in debt, you have poverty-tier savings, you want to get in more debt for a dumb overpriced ring although a much cheaper would do, and in a few months you will get in even more debt for another overpriced fucking ring. And you play to get in even much more fucking debt for your house.

You dont have savings for shit, and youre really fucking delusional if you think blowing your entire net worth and more on two dumb rings is a good idea. You are total shit with money and pat yourself on your back for getting into debt because "everyone else" buys expensive rings.
>>
>>3505967
desu $6k liquid is pretty normal for an emergency fund if you spend $1k per month. if you don't have that, you're not on very stable financial ground. I try to keep at least $10k in cash so I can survive for a while if I become unemployed or whatever. Right now it's more like $25k because I'm thinking of buying a house.

and yeah, most people are poor and shit with money. if they missed a single paycheck they'd be fucked. that's no way to go through life, and if you have a median or better income in a developed country you should be able to do better.
>>
>>3505967
yea dude, thats poor as shit. I get what you are saying, but you are still poor as shit, you are richer than 80% of americans but still poor as shit if you can't whip out 6k and still have debt.

Anyways, for the best card, American express might be good for cash back, discover, or capital one, just search their options, and google some promo sign up bonus.

Chase was giving $200 for first $500 spent when opening new credit card, so check to see if things like that are going on as they change often.
>>
>>3505638
Will she be buying you an $3k engagement gift (second hand car, maybe)? Would you expect her to? Or are you at this point viewing both your and her money as shared and would view a gift like that as ridiculous and unfair? If so, why does she not feel that way?
>>
File: birthdayRoastie2.jpg (67KB, 432x767px) Image search: [Google]
birthdayRoastie2.jpg
67KB, 432x767px
women are the shitcoin of life. They are an asset that moons at 17, dumps at 26, and after that, never pumps again.
>>
>>3506261
>>
File: AbsolutelyDegenerate.png (100KB, 258x330px) Image search: [Google]
AbsolutelyDegenerate.png
100KB, 258x330px
>>3506261
>>
>>3506093
she has said that she would, she's that kind of girl
>>
>>3503991
Honestly OP, you're going to have enough debt to deal when you're marriage ends... don't start off with it too
>>
File: freedom_card.png (62KB, 289x181px) Image search: [Google]
freedom_card.png
62KB, 289x181px
>>3505833
>>3503991
Don't listen to this faggot. Listen OP. I'm here to help you get what YOU want not going to convince you of something else like this dude.

>Get the Chase Freedom card if you're buying before the end of the year. Why?

>no annual fee
>no interest on purchases for 15 months
>5% cash back for specific stores this holiday season.
>See this link im sure one of them sells great rings
>https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/merchants

I currently have the card I think it's perfect for you. If you don't see a store that sells rings you like my second reccomendation is a Citi Double cash card, similar almost just it does 2% back on using it. Ask me anything I love Credit Cards.

Please dude sign up for it with my referral link. I get a $100 bonus if you do. I'll help you anyway I can if you can apply using this link

https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/ZJY07NRTD4
>>
>>3508009
Oh yeah they'll give you back 150 when you spend 500 or more. To me this card has the best bonuses to start with
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.