[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lightning Network

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: d41b07ff160710173933.gif (24KB, 800x514px) Image search: [Google]
d41b07ff160710173933.gif
24KB, 800x514px
When will this actually be released and usable for the general public? It seems like it's been coming "soon" for years. Is it vaporware?
>>
centralization in exchange for speed

worth it?
>>
>>3503682
only the market can determine
>>
>>3503682
Speed and also cheaper. I don't know if blockchains can scale without it, so I would say it's worth it. Allows for atomic swaps and microtransactions. It would be nice to have the option to use it, at least.
>>
>>3503682
I'm a comp sci fag and I hate this meme.

The lightning network centralization argument is mainly that anyone that wants to open a Network Channel may need to register as a money distributor or something like that, I don't remember the exact name.

The first time I used bitcoins the confirmation stuff was confusing as fuck I thought it would be instant transactions and its even more confusing for normies. Also try buying something in a shop, you would need to wait 30mins for 3 confirms or at least ~10mins for 1. We just need Lightning .

I'm also for the 2MB hardfork in november, Corecucks can go fuck themselves. We need that 2MB anyway so better now than later and the only argument against it is again "centralization" which actually only means that SOME FAG in australia has not only the shittiest internet connection but it also costs this faggot money for each MB he uses. And for this faggot living at the end of the world, core cucks say that it should be possible to run a Bitcoin node - double the block size means he needs to spend double the mone ybecause double the traffic. Also, because he has a slow ass internet starting a node would take him months because he needs to download the chain first and it would grow double as fast with 2MB.

They say we should keep bitcoin shitty until the internet infrastructure of the world has changed. I say it's ok to go on without some rural living idiot. Everyone in or near big city has great internet with flatrate and stuff I can start a node in days and anyone else can.

They also say fuck the miners and fuck bitpay. I pay EVERYTHING with bitpay and without miners nothing will work. They are tip top retarded (btw BCH is too, it's the other extreme).
>>
>>3503907
How do you feel about how mining bitcoin is done now? It has only become more centralized, and mining pools have already leveraged their power in the past. Is Golem the answer ot my concerns?
>>
>>3503966
>Is Golem the answer ot my concerns?
Not really

>It has only become more centralized
Nobody will ever stop that, it's impossible - no matter what coin. Application-specific integrated circuits will always be faster than any CPU and there is nothing anyone can do to stop this.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.