[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you break out from menial labour (callcenter, fastfood,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: despair.jpg (24KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
24KB, 308x302px
How do you break out from menial labour (callcenter, fastfood, grocery store, factory labour, retail, etc) into careers that actually have some respect, decent pay, and legitimate responsibilities?

I honestly feel like im stuck where I'm bouncing from mediocre job to mediocre job, maybe making a little more or having a small benefit but still nothing of significance.
>>
Military
Apprenticeships
College
>>
I worked in a callcenter, went abroad to teach English, learned another language, got a job as a translator, became a freelance, and now run my own translation company. It's not super high-level or highly paid, but I'm location independent and I get up when I feel like it.

I suggest that you find someone who does what you want to do and convince them to take you on as an apprentice. If you can add value by making them money or saving them time, they'll teach you a skill in return.
>>
>>3503355
Can confirm - joined the USMC straight out of high school and its given me the drive to kick ass and take names. The monthly benefits are keeping me afloat while I start my own winery. I'll never go back to wagecuck life - I'm going to make it or die trying
>>
>>3503299
your job isn't everything. it's fuck all except to be able to tell a chick something that sounds half decent. learn about money and investing and make that your job, you've made it to /biz/ so far!
>>
What the fuck is up with this call center meme? Is this board full of pajeets?
>>
>>3503299
1. win lottery (including cryptos and birth lottery)
2. get rich selling drugs and don't get caught
3. Be in the top 5% intellectually and get a $100k+ job as a developer in a top-tier company or a ML startup
4. Be in the top 10% intellectually, be extroverted, good at organizing things and have lots of energy - start a startup with VC money

That's basically it, with minor variations.
>>
>>3503414
It's a common job in North America
>>
File: 1341104289023.jpg (20KB, 343x338px) Image search: [Google]
1341104289023.jpg
20KB, 343x338px
>>3503414
a friend of mine use to work at a call center calling college students/graduates/drop-outs, in an attempt to rectify their debt problems before they progressed further.

He was screamed at a lot. and hung up on. for trying to help them work out a payment plan, that would work with a minimal wage...

Why can't millennials understand how financing work?
>>
File: 1498181407334.png (94KB, 680x788px) Image search: [Google]
1498181407334.png
94KB, 680x788px
>>3503299
Making money is literally fuck-easy you fucking nigger. Just think outside of the box for a moment.

There are literally a billion ways to become rich. The fundamental rule is this: buy high, sell low.

You can apply that to everywhere in your life, for example buy expensive american t-shirts and sell them cheaply in China, buy diamonds from Canada for a ton of cash and sell them for nearly nothing in Africa. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you follow the basic rule.

How do you think rich people got rich?
>>
>>3503400
I really don't think I could take begin yelled at so much
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.